New Firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been Released
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Hey Homestead72 thanks for the info. Not to dismiss what you just said, but how can this be the cause after the issue has occurred after a software update?
2016-8-18
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

dbostock Posted at 2016-8-18 11:06
Hey Homestead72 thanks for the info. Not to dismiss what you just said, but how can this be the caus ...

Hi dbostock,

I know it doesn't really make sense and there is no real logic but it did work for me and has for a number of others as well (from other threads).  

I have still got a real flight test to do yet though before I am 100%.  I'll report back hopefully later today.

Stu
2016-8-18
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-8-18 14:04
Hi dbostock,

I know it doesn't really make sense and there is no real logic but it did work for m ...

hi stu

I have replied to your post with regards to the latest fw update - 1.9.60.

Kind Regards
2016-8-18
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-8-18 10:40
For all those who have done a successful firmware update  but sill having issues with  video feed la ...

Just took it out for a short 10 min test flight after re-seating the gimbal cables and  and the video feed was fine and in sync.
2016-8-18
Use props
augiemercado
New

South Africa

Hi, I tried to update. Now I got a message on the app " no image transmission" nothing seems to be wrong except for that. Then I tried to update the aircraft using the SD card, it keeps failing. What can i do?
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

augiemercado@ya Posted at 2016-8-19 13:27
Hi, I tried to update. Now I got a message on the app " no image transmission" nothing seems to be w ...

Could you please post the hidden upgrade log here? The method could be found in this thread.
2016-8-18
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

If your p3 is working fine people, why would you even update it? The last update I did on my p3 pro was to get the extended functions on it back in like August 2015. I only did that to get the point of interest, waypoints and stuff onto the copter...  Once I finally had full functionality I decided no more updates!  They are been 2 battery updates since, 1 which caused the p3 to shut for mid flight and then another firmware to fix that issue..  So if your p3p is working good and has all its functionality why update?  At least save all the bin files from each firmware version, then you can rollback the firmware one by one until getting to one that works.  The way I see it as of last year my p3 finally had full functionality after a couple months after purchasing it and she flew the best it ever has since the real botched firmware at the beginning...  So what is the point to even updating it anymore? To increase the number of places it won't fly or need authorization? NO THANKS!  So anyone with a p3 or p4 or even a p9 when it gets released, if it has full functionality and flies great just leave it, the firmware upgrade clearly isn't for you, ya know....  Lol...

And for DJI, we all know you mess up firmware and my own p3 dropped 50 plus meters due to that bad firmware that messed a huge number of people's phantom 3's up.. It was more than proven! That is what caused DJI to make it possible to roll back firmware on the p3 ..  The copters had issues realizing their altitude and that's it the firmware release notes, not to mention all the compass errors I would get, a video downlink that was crap, 200 meter range!  2 months later Good firmware was finally released and all those issues were solved! I've never seen a compass warning again! The vps hasn't caused anymore flight issues, and I haven't seen my p3 idle its motors while 100 meters high and drop 50 meters before deciding to hold altitude again...  Not to mention my home arrow finally worked properly again after pointing the wrong direction coming back to its take off point.  At least I was able to to follow the green line on the map to get back to ho,e location if need be.

So please, don't try feeding us crap that a firmware update  can't cause video link issues, compass issues or cause a fly away...  Because we all learned a few times now DJI isn't perfect and their firmware updates can and will cause crashes!  Unlike my flame wheel's with naza, the phantom 3 doesn't even have a MANUAL mode available for being able to recover from compass and gps issues and glitches or any other auto pilot issues...  So you build something and sell it as full atonomous with all these abilities but then it fails for what ever reason and flies off and we have no manual mode to recover from it? The. I believe the warranty should be replacing these things and DJI needs to stop saying it isn't the firmware, especially when their are multiple people who upgraded the same machine to the same firmware version and have then developed the same exact issues...  Come on here DJI...

On a side note though, besides that botched and well known and documented firmware release for the P3 in May 2015 I've been extremely happy with my p3, its range, and how stable it flies.. Even in 25mph winds its rock steady..  I love my p3. And I've been lucky so far and haven't had it or my naza v2  copters fly off or do anything stupid that would make me feel afraid to fly em...  All my DJI products have my confidence now....   Well except for all my e300 motors failing on me.  Which caused my X4 3dr copter to fall out of the sky 60 meters up and start on fire cuz of the lipo battery hitting the ground and getting punctured..  But in all honesty they are about 4 yr old motors with plenty of flight hrs on em..  Less than 100 hrs though which the motors are said to last..  But my e310 amd e305 propulsion systems. Are still running great though, lol...
2016-8-20
Use props
guenter.gran14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488917 ft
  • >>>

Mark97564 Posted at 2016-8-20 22:14
If your p3 is working fine people, why would you even update it? The last update I did on my p3 pro  ...

In Germany is discussed, that has reduced the DJI transmit power to 10mW by the latest update. DJI has not informed its clients in advance. Is there already a response from DJI?
2016-8-20
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Why was this done to just the P3, or is it same for P4 also?
2016-8-20
Use props
AchimS.
New

Netherlands

Is it bad that I have made the update v1.9.60 directly from the v1.6.0040?
I'm asking, because sometimes i got  the message "no image transmission" in the app

Here is the hidden upgrade log:

Unbenannt.PNG
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

guenter.gran14@ Posted at 2016-8-20 23:45
In Germany is discussed, that has reduced the DJI transmit power to 10mW by the latest update. DJI ...

The firmware has nothing to do with the RC transmit power. We have no reason to reduce it .
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

AchimS. Posted at 2016-8-22 04:35
Is it bad that I have made the update v1.9.60 directly from the v1.6.0040?
I'm asking, because somet ...

This log is normal. But please make sure your RC has been updated to the latest 1.6.0 firmware. Then relink the drone and RC.
2016-8-21
Use props
rosteer
New

Mexico

Hi my phantom 3 advanced is dead fot the new update i put new firmware  and yes update but my rc not have not work and sendme need  upgrade the controller but is upgrade  dji need fix the firmware have lot users not have work the aircraft  
Screenshot_2016-08-20-12-13-43.png
2016-8-22
Use props
kevy
New

Australia

Well, I have the Phantom 3 professional (4k) that had a litebridge range of well over 1km.

Now it's 300-400 metres before I lose the litebridge live view signal. It lags, flashes green and then black. You can tell the drone still responds to controls via line-of-sight so it's not 'out of range'. Something was nerfed in the new firmware. It's hard to believe they didn't reduce the transmission signal strength on the remote or drone. Now DJI claim that the range is only 500 metres and that's NORMAL!!! In clear contradiction to the specs on the Phantom 3 professional product page that state a range of up to 3.5km.

Comments?

Thank you for your email.
As to your description, it get this problem while getting to a distance of 300-400 meters, which means it is a normal situation.
Kindly be noted the detail as following:
Max Transmission Distance       
FCC: 1200m
CE: 500m (unobstructed, free of interference, 120m above takeoff point)
In real flying environment, there should be more or less interference around, which will affect the range of image transmission. Hope you can understand.
Best Regards,

Justin

DJI Technical Support
2016-8-22
Use props
davido
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8684 ft
United States

My Phantom 3 Advanced when I got it came with firmware 1.6 in both the Phantom and the controller. I finally got the firmware upgraded on the Phantom itself by copying the firmware to the SD card.  However nothing I've tried will the controller firmware to upgrade and the "Overall status" screen never shows that the controller needs an upgrade.  Shouldn't both the controller and the Phantom unit both upgrade to 1.9?  So far nothing I've tried has gotten the controller to recognize the BIN file on any thumbdrive, etc.

Thanks!

2016-8-22
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Will it work if I downgrade my P3P from firmware v1.8 to v1.3.20 on download page? Otherwise Im sending mine back. 500m is ridiculous
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

dbostock Posted at 2016-8-23 07:13
Will it work if I downgrade my P3P from firmware v1.8 to v1.3.20 on download page? Otherwise Im send ...

No,1.8 firmware cannot be downgraded to 1.3.2 version.
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

davido Posted at 2016-8-23 06:14
My Phantom 3 Advanced when I got it came with firmware 1.6 in both the Phantom and the controller. I ...

The latest RC firmware is 1.6.0 and if there is an update for the RC, you'll get a notification from app and upgrade via the app.
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

rosteer Posted at 2016-8-22 18:45
Hi my phantom 3 advanced is dead fot the new update i put new firmware  and yes update but my rc not ...

Please replug thees cables and use the latest firmware to upgrade again. For the RC,if it is running 1.3.2 or later firmware,please upgrade it via app: 6pin和8pin线.JPG

2016-8-22
Use props
davido
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8684 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-23 09:42
The latest RC firmware is 1.6.0 and if there is an update for the RC, you'll get a notification fr ...

Ah ha!  Got it now.  Thank you!
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

davido Posted at 2016-8-23 12:18
Ah ha!  Got it now.  Thank you!

You are welcome
2016-8-22
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

SUGGESTION TO DJI-Paladin:

How about NOT leaving a post at the top - that is more than 2 months old - that there is a "new" update.  Perhaps consider adding the DATE OF THE UPDATE in the thread title.  We shouldn't have to filter through 14 pages of old data to find the latest information.

Thanks.
2016-8-25
Use props
mana.ram.1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1528688 ft
United States

FAS1 Posted at 2016-6-13 05:49
If it works for you, then fly it. Updates are only 'suggestions'. I am still on 1.4.6 and have no de ...

have you upgraded the app?
2016-8-25
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Hi All,

So this morning I decided to record the issue.. also dont tell me to upgrade the firmware from 1.8 to 1.9 because the problem is worse if I do this. This is only a 1minute out take, but it was happening most of the flight. Happy for anyone let me know the fix before I send it in. (video is only 8mb)
Check this video ->> Phantom 3P signal issue
2016-8-26
Use props
ksensenig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110577 ft
Greece

Hello,

My P3P was working fine until it stopped getting a signal and displayed "No Image Transmission". I had been following everyone's advice on here not to upgrade my firmware unless I was having problems, so now that I had a problem, I decided to try to upgrade. I upgraded the Remote Controller firmware via the most up-to-date iOS DJI Go app. It seemed successful, and told me to restart the Remote Controller, which I did. When I restarted, it took me back to the same place and told me I had to upgrade to Firmware 1.6.0 which is the upgrade I had just completed. I repeated the process many times, and it still gives the same result. Has anyone seen this, and how do I fix it? I even tried doing the P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin update with an SD card, but of course I already had that version installed on the Phantom itself, so that didn't do anything.

Thanks for any help,

Kurtis
2016-8-27
Use props
wntmldrs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft

Please, please. Close this thread. And open a new one as soon as the new firmware is in the open.
2016-8-27
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Hey ksensenig@gm check out my video above. Is your problem the same?
2016-8-27
Use props
scotthayne
lvl.1
United States

Since the latest update to both RC and P3P I have had two issues.  One is the image transmission that others have mentioned here, though much worse.  iPad screen glitches, goes partly green, freezes ets - and at ranges of even a dozen feet while preparing for takeoff.  That is assuming I could take off - because the other issue that has instantly appeared is that I cannot get the compass to calibrate so it will not let me take off.  I have tried dozens of times in far ranging locales, all in a park way outside of the city and any possible interference.  I managed to get it to pop to green for a quick second and takeoff during which I was able to confirm that the video recorder to the SD was flawless, even though I could barely watch via the iPad.

One really odd thing that I noticed was while trying to take off, the banner was red telling me to calllibrate the compass.  If I picked the aircraft up and tilted it jus a few degrees the banner would turn to green (safe to fly).  Tilting it back to horizontal brought the red banner back.  Extremely odd, but repeatable.

I have downgraded to 1.08 and 1.5.8 for the RC and the problems persist.  There were zero issues before this upgrade, and seemingly now even when rolling back they persist.  I wish I could go back to the 1.06 firmware on the P3...
2016-8-27
Use props
fzLdfvgycbLI
New

United States

Hello all, newb here but not new to the p3p and p4. I too have the "No Video Signal" problem since they pushed this update out. and I've been trolling this board trying to find a solution with no luck.

Has anyone found a way to downgrade the firmware on the drone itself?

I work in construction and I convinced my boss that this would be a great tool for roofing and building exterior projects, and now that I really need it, this happens. He was planning on buying several more for our entire Redevelopment team throughout the country. But if I can't get this fixed and ASAP I guess we won't be making that purchase.

THIS IS REALLY FRUSTRATING!!!!
2016-8-27
Use props
When I open dji go and go to phantom 3 advanced it tells how to hook everything up but it will not let me go to the camera , I've repeated the app then redownloaded it still the same no camera where did I go wrong
2016-8-27
Use props
ramseyc
lvl.1

United States

I have tried everything to get my range back.  Is there a fix for the range reduction in one of the firmware updates?  I can't fly anywhere near the distance I used to obtain.  I used to be able to fly about 2400ft from my house @ 250ft to 400ft altitude.  Then a firmware upgrade came out and I lost more than half my range.  I don't want to hear that it is due to local interference.  I am not buying that one, especially since my flight logs can prove you wrong.  I know you reduced the number of channels we can now use.  Is this the root cause of the distance issues?  I spent a lot of money on my p3a for my range to be reduced to less than a quarter mile.  I don't expect to get the advertised range of 3 miles.  I do expect to be able to fly my p3a farther than 1/2 mi to at least 1.5 miles.  Now that should be acceptable when you do advertise 3 mile range.  

Any help?
2016-8-27
Use props
ramseyc
lvl.1

United States

Oh did I forget and mention that video lag doubled also?  Sometimes while even setting on the ground 25ft away.
2016-8-27
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Hey ramseyc, did u see my video above? .. same issue as urs? Apparently issue is hardware and not caused by firmware update if u have a read through previous discussions
2016-8-27
Use props
kevy
New

Australia

What do you mean it's due to hardware? Do you recommend unplugging and replugging the cables as suggested above?
2016-8-28
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Hey Kevy DJI haven't acknowledged it's a firmware issue. Im not sure about replugging in the cables. DJI haven't explained why this has to be done all of a sudden. Also if the cable gets damaged doing this, is it covered under DJI warranty?
2016-8-28
Use props
ramseyc
lvl.1

United States

dbostock Posted at 2016-8-28 01:30
Hey ramseyc, did u see my video above? .. same issue as urs? Apparently issue is hardware and not ca ...

No I didn't but I will look.  Thanks
  I thought it was due to the reduction in channels seemed like as soon as I performed the update that's when it all went downhill.  
2016-8-28
Use props
ramseyc
lvl.1

United States

I am confused?  I see several other posts with this same issue,  We all have hardware issues?
2016-8-28
Use props
ramseyc
lvl.1

United States

@dbostock Well I see the same thing happening in your video.  This problem sucks due to the fact that we all paid a butt load of money for a problem that DJI still has not addressed!  Or they intentionally did this and they need to give us back, oh I would say 1/2 to 2/3 of what I paid when I purchased my p3a.  That's fair I think for the range reduction.  What do you think.  And removing the gimble cables was a nice idea.  It did not work I still have the same issue.  DJI we need your help!  
2016-8-28
Use props
carter84262
New

United States

I recently had repairs done to our Phantom 3 Pro. When I boot up my Phantom 3 Pro, RC & DJI Go I get an error message that the RC firmware version is compatible with that on the Phantom 3 Pro. Downloaded & unzipped the newest Firmware in the list on the website, putting the unzipped file on an SD card. I put the SD card in a reader, inserted the reader into the RC & stared up the RC. The power light flashed red & the RC kept flashing. I read the log file on the SD card & it says I have the latest version of firmware already. Since that wasn't working I inserted the SD card in the Phantom 3 Pro camera slot. When I powered up the Phantom 3 Pro the indicator light blinked red & green for a short time, then whet solid green only. I assume that to mean the Phantom 3 Pro also already has the most recent firmware. So I power up the RC & Phantom 3 Pro once again as if for flight. I get the same incompatibility message. I follow that to a more detailed message that the proper firmware can't be installed from the DJI Go app, that I need to use the SD card method. I already knew that, attempted it & failed as I said above. Help! I see neither the DJI help phone number nor online help works over weekends & I need to get this resolved today.
2016-8-28
Use props
bjoern.krueger
New

Germany

Hi, since I update problems with the live transmission ... It flickers and the picture is built up again and again . Once I turn Hardware Encoding of goes ... but halfway .. have a maximum reach of approximately 500m after that I always get disconnected . Why is it? Habs with Ipad Air 2 , iPhone 5s and 6 Plus and Samsung Galaxy 5 attempts everywhere the same . Remote -to-date . Drone on 1.9.6 . When I use the remote control to 1.5.8 downgrade the transmission error away . Unfortunately, it is then but the drone will not boot ! And the range is but a joke

Inside and out side ! In the middle of the fields where far and wide nothing . In Deutschland.Dänemark and Norway the same everywhere

Video show the Problem
2016-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules