New Firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been Released
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PJI72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106854 ft
Portugal

Still waiting for my aircraft to be returned to me... No news of DJI's repair center, and i keep asking for it...
2016-8-29
Use props
PJI72
lvl.1
Portugal

And no news from DJI about range reduction issue nor 1.9.6 upgrade problems... None of those were confirmed by DJI and, worst of all, the update still anounced as latest version and available for anyone to download and play russian roulette with his bird upgrading it...
2016-8-29
Use props
PJI72
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI, waiting for you to clarify us. And almost regreating choose one of your drones.
2016-8-29
Use props
greg987
New

Switzerland

Hey everyone,
I've got an issue with my Galaxy S7 Edge and my DJI Phantom 3 Pro. In fact, the phone reboots each time I try to go on camera view.
The issue occurs since I've updated my phone, the remote controller, the drone and the DJI App
Here are the info about the firmwares:

Phone: Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935FZDAAUT) firmware version G935FXXUIBPH6 running on Android 6.0.1, KERNEL version 3.18.14-8888212

Controller: verion 1.6.0
DJI App version: 2.8.4
Drone version: v1.9.60

Thank you all for your help! I'd like to see if there is something else to do than factory reseting the phone and all that.
I hope the issue is going to be resolved cuz not being able to fly is just too bad!!!!
2016-8-30
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

There should be no issues with reboots. I have a similar phone the Galaxy S7 (non edge version) and that doesn't happen for me. Try reinstalling the app on ur phone
2016-8-30
Use props
greg987
New

Switzerland

dbostock Posted at 2016-8-30 12:17
There should be no issues with reboots. I have a similar phone the Galaxy S7 (non edge version) and  ...

It actually seems to work fine now after uninstalling the app and re-install it. I'll confirm this later once I get to fly around after work. Thank u dbostock!
2016-8-30
Use props
waterboy1973
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Why has ioc gone from the settings?
2016-8-30
Use props
waterboy1973
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Where has the ioc gone from the app?
2016-8-30
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

United States

I still have massive issues with "disconnected" when plugging in via usb. worked perfectly a month ago.
2016-8-30
Use props
Michael-ioannou
New

Cyprus

Upgrade to last firmware but keeps notify that signal is lost.

What do i do in this case?
2016-8-30
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2016-8-20 10:14
If your p3 is working fine people, why would you even update it? The last update I did on my p3 pro  ...

I agree 100%!!! Every since DJI secretly slipped in the first of all the Geo stuff without any word of it to owners, I have no faith in the company.  The first update that involved it, we were told it was a "battery update." Ever since then I haven't updated the quad, controller, and don't use the DJI Go app instead use Litchi and everything works great.

One has to wonder why the DJI Go app has to run 24/7 in the background even if you go for months without flying your bird. You can manually shut it off but eventually it'll come back on it's own and run in the background. The only reason that I can possibly think of is that DJI is DATA mining owners.

I have two P2V+'s with burnt out wifi modules due to faulty engineering (overheating). With no after market outlet for the part and the scarcity of the items, they're pretty much worthless. I have a P3S that has had range issues ever since it was new. I still fly my P3P but will never invest in another DJI product.
2016-8-30
Use props
PJI72
lvl.1
Portugal

Why is DJI so quiet?  Very serious acusations here - are they true?
2016-8-31
Use props
danrenniect
New

United States

WillBapta Posted at 2016-8-30 09:35
I still have massive issues with "disconnected" when plugging in via usb. worked perfectly a month a ...

Same here.  I have been using a Galaxy Tab E since the beginning of May.  That last 2 times I went to use the drone, I could not get it to connect.  The time before that, it was finicky.  I have also had issues with my Galaxy S6, which I have had to use the last 2 times due to the tablet not connecting.  The first time, it connects immediately, even with the tablet not working.  I have tried to plug my phone in again after just disconnecting it to show photos to others.  Both times it restarted the phone.  The first time, the phone restarted and just stuck on the boot screen and I had to let the battery die.

These issues are something I have not experience before a month ago.  Something is going on.

DJI- What's going on?

Dan

2016-8-31
Use props
barrettg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45643 ft
United States

According to this post, the IOS Version of DJI Go is 2.8.3
According to my IPad Air 2, I have version 2.8.7
???

According to this post, the Android Version of DJI Go is 2.8.1
According to my Samsung Tab A, I have version 2.8.4
???

How and why would my versions be higher than what was just released on 8/30/16 ?

Thanks,
   Gil
2016-8-31
Use props
Vincent D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622841 ft

I love firmware updates. Fun in install.
2016-9-2
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Just a quick request for future firmware release announcements: can the version number be specified in the subject line?

Everytime I see this thread, which has been pinned to the top of this forum area since mid-June, I wonder if there is yet a newer firmware version that I need to be looking at.
2016-9-5
Use props
opendoor499
lvl.1

Australia

lablover Posted at 2016-8-30 09:54
Is everyone having this range issue? with the new firmware.

hey lablover, i bought a PA3 about a month ago and had sphere drones in sydney install all of the firmware out of the box(1.9.6), in the urban environment couldn't get more than 200m before the weak signal shit would come on, in the park with no obstructions 300-350m, at the beach with absoultly no obstructions and a home made windsurfer i would get 1500m ( before going to RTH for no reason) on a good day. No were near the 3.5k i was told when i bought it.
im wandering what sort of distance were you getting before your update to 1.9.6? and what sort of environment.?
- i also get a refresh on video every 30-40 seconds,on a iPad mini 2

appreciate any response than.
2016-9-6
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

opendoor499 Posted at 2016-9-6 19:45
hey lablover, i bought a PA3 about a month ago and had sphere drones in sydney install all of the  ...

Try rolling back to 1.8.80 and see if it makes a difference... You can still download the file from the DJI site, or perhaps have Sphere Drones do it for you (if they're local).  Just as a benchmark to see if it is the firmware or not.  I'm still on 1.8.80 and have no issues with either stock antenna or Itelite DB mod...  (have two controllers).
2016-9-6
Use props
serkan_0891
New

Turkey

My professional ghost 3, after 500 meters, no signal. why. 1.6.0 version of my control. you must reinstall it again. help please.
2016-9-6
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

Nope, I refuse to let some company choose when I can fly my drone. Who knows what other secret things DJI has added to invade our privacy, etc.
2016-9-6
Use props
Sanderds
New

United States

Hello, I upgraded My Phantom 3 Advanced today to 1.9 No problems, batteries upgraded fine too. My Controller however, had the red triangle and said "firmware update required" for the controller.
It said update 1.6 was downloaded.. current version unknown..Upgrade firmware button was ready.  I clicked upgrade.  status never moved from 0%  it disconnected from ipad Air II after a few min.  Blue LED on the controller and 4 rapid repeating beeps. I let it do that for a solid hour before I tried again. Same thing only now when the controller is powered on there is a pale bluish light on the controller first LED.  It connects to the app and says it needs firmware updated,,,same thing,,0% complete,,,Blue LED and beeps forever...What can I do now???  Update...a big reason why may be that the controller thinks it's for a Phantom 4!!! I can't change it! As soon as the app connects,,,Boom,,it's a Phantom 4.. Start the app first, set it to Phantom 3 advanced...power on the controller,,,switches to Phantom 4!!! Why the heck would it download the wrong firmware??  This isn't something I could screw up if I tried! We can no longer upgrade controller firmware by USB...
2016-9-10
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

So what's happening here, has DJI given up?
2016-9-10
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

dbostock Posted at 2016-9-11 14:25
So what's happening here, has DJI given up?

Most likely. They already have your money
2016-9-11
Use props
PJI72
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello, just to say i got my phantom 3 professional yesterday afternoon from repair services. Don't try it yet, because it's rainy here. But notest something: I sent to repair a W323A, and received back a W323B. Anyone know the differences?
Maybe i'll start another thread, 'cause DJI is neglecting this one - no answers a long time a go...
2016-9-13
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

PJI72 Posted at 2016-9-13 19:06
Hello, just to say i got my phantom 3 professional yesterday afternoon from repair services. Don't t ...

Hey PJI72, what was the reason it was sent back for repair. Apparently this is the difference between the models as below, I read that its cheaper for them to make the new A model and the shell may be more prone to cracks. No personal experience.. just what I read.

The New version had an addition of A on the model so

P3 Advance
W322 original version
W322A New Motors

P3 Pro
W323 original version
W323A New Motors

No way to tell from box i believe, model number in on the craft.

As for difference either are fine and you will be happy with both, everything is virtually identical apart from newer lower KV motors, the new one is slightly less sharp on the sticks due to the lower KV, the older is little more responsive and slightly more powerfull but reducing KV is not a bad thing on AP drone tbh.
2016-9-13
Use props
PJI72
lvl.1

dbostock, as I wrote some pages behind, another one burned after FW upgrade. Note that I refer they sent me a 323B.
2016-9-13
Use props
FlyingCircles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76309 ft

PJI72 Posted at 2016-9-14 09:22
dbostock, as I wrote some pages behind, another one burned after FW upgrade. Note that I refer they  ...

I bought my P3P in July, 2016 and it is W323B.
2016-9-14
Use props
PJI72
lvl.1
Portugal

FlyingCircles Posted at 2016-9-14 21:35
I bought my P3P in July, 2016 and it is W323B.

And what remote version did you get? Have you performed any kind of maximun distance between aircraft and remote test?
2016-9-14
Use props
FlyingCircles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76309 ft

PJI72 Posted at 2016-9-14 21:44
And what remote version did you get? Have you performed any kind of maximun distance between aircr ...

Remote is GL300C.

Haven't pushed the distance limitations yet.  However I have noticed that when flying in my neighborhood (trees, power lines, houses, etc) the distance is much less than out in the country in a open area.
2016-9-14
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

ppkessler@free. Posted at 2016-8-17 08:11
DJI, about power limitation, you are responsible of setting it as default but you have to offer the  ...

Okay, now that was some funny stuff. You lost the right to own and control what you paid for when DJI started manipulating the equipment by slipping the first geofencing into the updates after the product was purchased.
2016-9-14
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

FlyingCircles Posted at 2016-9-14 09:55
Remote is GL300C.

Haven't pushed the distance limitations yet.  However I have noticed that when  ...

As each DJI remote comes out the DB gain gets reduced. If you had a GL300b and were returned a GL300c, you will notice a difference.
2016-9-14
Use props
Holger4221
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-9-15
Use props
piperjon
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-14 06:56
What issues are you having, can you please explain in detail.
What device are you using, is it on  ...

Hi Ken,

Can I get in touch with you tomorrow regarding my P3P please.
Regards
John
2016-9-20
Use props
piperjon
lvl.1

Australia

piperjon Posted at 2016-9-21 17:55
Hi Ken,

Can I get in touch with you tomorrow regarding my P3P please.

Hello Again Ken,
First I have not used my P3P drone for about 6 to 7 months. I had a few problems at home which stopped me from flying.
Anyway today I picked up my new iPad air 2 and down loaded the DJI app to use on my iPad. On the screen it said to update which it did. Also then told me I need new upgrades. Pictures show you what I am talking about. How do I and where do I get the upgrades from. I have looked but cannot find.
regards
John.
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
2016-9-21
Use props
piperjon
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-15 01:06
Your screenshots show that you have downloaded the 1.6 RC firmware and waiting for the upgrade.
ma ...

Hi Kin,
My screen showed the same as Spider 210 showed you I did click on Upgrade but nothing happened. Now it show the 3 items I have to upgrade but where do i go to get the upgrades.
John
2016-9-21
Use props
znugraha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 705768 ft
Indonesia

Hi everyone..,,

i am currently in 1.9.60 FW,,because the range issue i decided to go back to 1.8... the problem is after downgrade i got a "compass error" message that not allowed me to fly the drone. everything is useless now with extremely limited distance. can somebody help? i download the 1.8 file from this web...

thank you

2016-9-21
Use props
Tanel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291056 ft
Estonia

znugraha Posted at 2016-9-21 14:49
Hi everyone..,,

i am currently in 1.9.60 FW,,because the range issue i decided to go back to 1.8... ...

Compass calibration may help...
2016-9-21
Use props
znugraha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 705768 ft
Indonesia

Tanel Posted at 2016-9-21 20:25
Compass calibration may help...

i've done countless compass calibration prior that error in FW 1.8.. no success
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

znugraha Posted at 2016-9-21 19:49
Hi everyone..,,

i am currently in 1.9.60 FW,,because the range issue i decided to go back to 1.8... ...

Download the 1.8 or 1.9 from the DJI Pro/Adv page (whichever you have) and reapply the firmware.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

piperjon Posted at 2016-9-21 19:02
Hi Kin,
My screen showed the same as Spider 210 showed you I did click on Upgrade but nothing happe ...

If you have a Pro or Advanced, the RC is updated through the app with a good WiFi connection.
The aircraft firmware is on the DJI downloads page for whichever aircraft you have.
2016-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules