New Firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been Released
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
don
lvl.1
Canada

Quick newbie question...if i upgrade to latest firmware, does it include all the previous upgrades or do i need to load them all individually?
Thanks
DM
2016-9-21
Use props
piperjon
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-22 00:37
If you have a Pro or Advanced, the RC is updated through the app with a good WiFi connection.
The  ...

Hello Ken,

Thanks for your info. I will give it a try some time today and see how I go.

Cheers and thanks
john
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

piperjon Posted at 2016-9-22 06:14
Hello Ken,

Sounds good, let us know how it works out.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

piperjon Posted at 2016-9-22 06:14
Hello Ken,

It depends what firmware you are on. If you are pre 1.3 then you need to install 1.3. If your past 1.3 then you can go straight to 1.9.
If there's an issue then you can go in steps.
2016-9-21
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I'm pretty sure if you downloaded every firmware version since June 2015 you could roll back each version 1 by 1 til you get back to where you want to be..  DJI was telling me in May 2015 that my p3 was faulty and to send it in, but I didn't buy this. It worked great til an update and then would drop 50 meters randomly, give me vps errors, video downlink couldn't ,she it 200 meters, do I put it on the shelf waiting for new firmware cuz at the time you could,t roll back... 6 weeks later finally a firmware was released, I installed it and bam, every issue I ever had was gone!  I swear DJI tech support don't know as much as they should and the people that do know are in China, font speak English and aren't in tech support...  DJI needs to better train their tech support and customer service reps..  All of the time there is even a language barrier and the rep will just keep saying yea and yes to what car you say..  I promise if you talk to em for 3 min and then ask a random question they rill answer yes...  It's such crap...  It's getting better though so I can at least say that I guess
2016-9-22
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

DJI tech support are on another planet they aren't even aware of this rande issue that peope are having and never read this thread. What type of support is that if ur not aware of issues your client's are having
2016-9-23
Use props
Sizac
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-22 08:48
Sounds good, let us know how it works out.

is DJI working on an update for the P3S?
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Sizac Posted at 2016-9-23 23:42
is DJI working on an update for the P3S?

No they are not.
2016-9-23
Use props
Sizac
lvl.1

Australia

why is that?

that means DJI should refund every single unit is not working properly with the newest firmware or lower.

or come out with a new software that solves the issues?

no?
2016-9-23
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Ken can you please look at my video of the signal issue and advise
Thanks
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Sizac Posted at 2016-9-24 13:47
why is that?

that means DJI should refund every single unit is not working properly with the newe ...

I've stated many times before, if you have a range issue, send the aircraft in for repair and they will fix it.
2016-9-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dbostock Posted at 2016-9-23 16:09
DJI tech support are on another planet they aren't even aware of this rande issue that peope are hav ...

I've been telling people for months now that DJI has no plans for firmware update and if all the troubleshooting steps do not work for you them contact support and send the aircraft in for repair.
2016-9-24
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Ok thanks will do
2016-9-24
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

[edit at the end]
DJI-Ken, or other DJIer - I am getting prompted for firmware upgrade on my p3A as of today. Do you think it's worth adding the firmware # to this thread title, and creating a new thread with the current release? I would like to see what are all the numbers (firmware, radio firmware, app version), and what peoples' experience is upgrading to it so far?
I did not see any new thread on the subject yet.
Thx!

EDIT:
Well, I powered on again, and it's happy now! That was weird!!!! I was powering on my table at home, testing if all is well after cleaning it with san air compressor - once i gfot a compass error, and the 2nd time the firmware....
Now it seems to be happy on:
app:2.9.1 (Android)
Aircraft: 1.9.60
Radio:1.6.0

How weird was that?!!!!

Are there any SPECIAL concerns when blowing things with a compressor? Naturally I was carefull not to direct too much on any component, motorw from the top, the gimbal motors from every angle exposed, then some onto the body to flush through the vents a bit, from a distance, wires on the legs, so on....

Thx!

GT
2016-9-24
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

1hr on support to DJI and still cant get my P3 sent in for repair.. arrhh!
2016-9-25
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.2

Australia

digdat0 Posted at 2016-6-14 00:48
Why you no link to firmware, DJI?

Hey I noticed the firmware file name you have for the advanced is  P3S_*****

I thought the P3S was the Phantom 3 Standard?
2016-9-25
Use props
cdnstudman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2700653 ft

FAS1 Posted at 2016-6-13 20:49
If it works for you, then fly it. Updates are only 'suggestions'. I am still on 1.4.6 and have no de ...

I am with you.....I haven't updated in last fall and she still works perfect, so why risk messing with it.
2016-9-26
Use props
digdat0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

huntatwork Posted at 2016-9-25 21:54
Hey I noticed the firmware file name you have for the advanced is  P3S_*****

I thought the P3S wa ...

they recently changed it for some reason. You would think the standard would have ended in S .. the standard has to download via tablet/wifi whereas adv/pro have to load via the sdcard.
2016-9-26
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Hey all finally sent mine in for repair for the out of range issues since last firmware. I will give update if u want as to what the fix was
2016-9-26
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I would sure love an update.. Last thing I sent in for repair though I wasn't able to find out what they did to fix it
2016-9-28
Use props
FlyingCircles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76309 ft

Mark97564 Posted at 2016-9-28 18:36
I would sure love an update.. Last thing I sent in for repair though I wasn't able to find out what  ...

Did, whatever the repairs were, fix the range issue?
2016-9-28
Use props
mattlehmer
New

United States

Hello,

I have a P3P.  I have successfuly installed a previous firmware update with no trouble.  

I'm now attempting to install the latest Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.9.60.

I've updated the aircraft successfully.
However my attempts to update the controller have failed

I recieve this message in the P3_FW_RESULT_GS.txt file.

==========2016.09.28 12:09:32==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller
-----

...However, it does not seem to the be the case, as my 'About' tells a different story.

Aircract  Ver 1.9.60
RC Ver 1.2.6

Any ideas why i keep getting the message that the "firmware is identical to or older than the current firmware"?

Thanks,
Matt

About

About
2016-9-29
Use props
mattlehmer
New

United States

mattlehmer Posted at 2016-9-29 07:39
Hello,

I have a P3P.  I have successfuly installed a previous firmware update with no trouble.  

I got it figured out...i ended up drown-grading the firmware to the previous (older) version and then some how it gave me an option to upgrade the RC via the Go APP...i did that and it upgraded it to the latest version.  Strange why it wouldn't just upgrade via the USB drive with latest .bin file on there.
2016-9-29
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

I guess one question hasn't been asked.. I see alot of reviews which shows the P3P can fly to 2 kilometers without any issues, even further with a range extender on. What is DJIs official answer on the range expected of the P3P without an intrusions in an open field?
2016-10-3
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

dbostock Posted at 2016-10-3 02:42
I guess one question hasn't been asked.. I see alot of reviews which shows the P3P can fly to 2 kilo ...

P3P can fly up to 5 km in unobstructed area without any booster kit,
I am not sure where you're getting the 2 km from.
I fly my P3P that distance quite frequently, 2 km distance is not a challenge for that craft,
you should be able to fly that with antennas crossed over ;)
2016-10-3
Use props
DJReemo
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-24 11:20
I've been telling people for months now that DJI has no plans for firmware update and if all the t ...

I sent My P3P in because I lost video signal after the update, and when I called in They told me I had a repair invoice because my camera computer board was damaged, but prior to the update my drone worked just fine.

And it is true, when you speak to customer service they don't know (or act like they don't know) of this issue or of this 16 page thread, with everyone having this same problem.

I'm concerned now because I have 2 others (P3A/P4) and I hope that me and my crew doesn't experience the same problem with our other drones.
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dbostock Posted at 2016-10-3 16:42
I guess one question hasn't been asked.. I see alot of reviews which shows the P3P can fly to 2 kilo ...

From the P3P specs page. People have gone further with the stock setup.

Up to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant
http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#specs
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

DJReemo Posted at 2016-10-4 10:21
I sent My P3P in because I lost video signal after the update, and when I called in They told me I ...

Was your P3P still under warranty?
2016-10-3
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

Nice how they wait until the worst firmware release to decide that there won't be anymore firmware upgrades for the phantom 3!!!!

Every time I try to upgrade to v1.9.60 it errors out and i have to reinstall v1.8.80
2016-10-4
Use props
bulgobulgos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2657 ft
Australia

Marv JS Posted at 2016-6-14 08:56
Just updated new firmware to my Advance and the SD card reads successful in updating to 1.9.6 but th ...

My mini iPad 2 has App3.0 latest installed.

I found that if I turned on the RC first followed by turning on the iPad Dji App, then my Overall Status is different to if I normally turn on the App & then the RC.
2016-10-4
Use props
DJReemo
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-3 22:44
Was your P3P still under warranty?

I guess not because I had it for 2 years. But why should I have to pay when all I did was a simple update to the drone? And why are they telling me that there's something wrong with the camera computer board?

Before I sent the drone in for repair, the camera was fully functional and able to record and take still pics, but I just couldn't get the video transmission to my iPhone 6 Plus. I even posted in this thread before I sent it in for repair.

2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jacmac64 Posted at 2016-10-4 16:42
Nice how they wait until the worst firmware release to decide that there won't be anymore firmware u ...

Who ever said anything about no more firmware updates.
There will continue to be updates, only the P3S may not have any updates.
I don't know why 1.9 is not loading on your aircraft, what exact procedure are you using?
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DJReemo Posted at 2016-10-4 19:32
I guess not because I had it for 2 years. But why should I have to pay when all I did was a simple ...

I am sorry, I did go talk to the repair shop and they cannot repair it under warranty as it's 2yrs old.
I tried though, I'm sorry.
2016-10-5
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

DJI-Ken thanks for that info re flight distance. Can you advise what changes are made to the Phantom to make it FCC compliant or CE compliant?

Im aware since an earlier verion of the DJI GO app DJI have reduced the available transmission channels from 32 to 8 this is to make it FCC compliant since it was reported on an RC group that the 32 channels made the P3 fly on illegal channels used buy cellular etc, thats fine.. however the way you have gone about doing it isnt. I haven't seen any information about this when updating the DJI GO app that you made this change or anywhere else from DJI at all. If DJI could be open about this instead of pretending you dont know why people now have these issues listed in the thread. Its because there is now only 8 available transmission channels to fly on making it more difficult to get a stable connection.
2016-10-5
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Ok for the update with my P3 that was sent to DJI for range issue. When I sent it, it had the v1.8 firmware on as the range issue is more prevalent in v1.9. DJI tech did a test flight and said no issues and sent me a screen shot they flew it about 700m. I replied back asking if it was done on firmware v1.9 and what the furthest distance they got was and 700m wasn't sufficient to say they're is no issue as this is less than half of advertised range. They replied back saying they would test again and get back to me. Next day I get an email they had flown 800m and screen shot showing its still on v1.8 firmware! I replied back saying I have told them multiple times the issue is more prevalent on v1.9 firmare and to retest with v1.9 firmware, I even put a letter in the box stating this. Next thing today I get email they have shipped it back! So it was never even tested properly! I don't know how many times I need to tell them to test on v1.9. I said it once when I logged the call. 2nd time in letter I put in box and 3rd time via reply email after first test.. is that not enough times?
2016-10-5
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-5 23:51
Who ever said anything about no more firmware updates.
There will continue to be updates, only the ...

I guess i missed understood you.
I'm not sure what you mean what procedure, Is there multiple ways to install firmware?
I'm using an micro sd card. I've tried different ones, always the same thing. Everything goes good for quite awhile. Then red light on the front of the gimble and solid beep. Then i have little to no video, so i have to reinstall previous version.
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dbostock Posted at 2016-10-6 05:42
DJI-Ken thanks for that info re flight distance. Can you advise what changes are made to the Phantom ...

What makes DJI aircraft go into FCC or CE mode is the GPS location when you power up the aircraft.
And the channels have been 8 for quite a while, so if you are having any transmission issues and have done all troubleshooting steps then contact support and send your aircraft to be evaluated.
It's not legal to use the 32 channels so DJI does not offer it, but search the internet and you can find more on it.
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dbostock Posted at 2016-10-6 15:52
Ok for the update with my P3 that was sent to DJI for range issue. When I sent it, it had the v1.8 f ...

I am sorry you are having difficulties.
What is your case# and I can file a complaint for you.
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jacmac64 Posted at 2016-10-6 17:37
I guess i missed understood you.
I'm not sure what you mean what procedure, Is there multiple way ...

You say everything goes good for a while. So when powering the aircraft and it starts the update and it makes the 4 beeps and the camera LED flashes Red/Green?
2016-10-6
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-6 23:05
You say everything goes good for a while. So when powering the aircraft and it starts the update a ...

That's correct. The update ran exactly as expected for about 5 to 10 min. (don't remember the exact amount of time because this was back when the firmware was first release,I think June). Then the LED would go solid red and the beep would change to a solid beep. I tried multiple times and every time the same thing.
I've posted about this before, some where near the beginning of this topic.
2016-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules