New Firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been Released
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 22:52
I am very sorry you are experiencing this.
Can you reset the WiFi per the manual and also make 100 ...

unfortunately I did everything, including above those two and also i m not loosing video signal i m loosing radio signal..  
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

imdilanvlogs@gm Posted at 2016-6-18 01:25
unfortunately I did everything, including above those two and also i m not loosing video signal i  ...

I'm sorry, then that would indicate a hardware issue and the aircraft may need to be sent in.
And re-linking the aircraft did not help as well?Your video transmission is 2.4 and your radio control is 5.8
If it acts like this in an open area free of interference then it must be a hardware issue with a part of the 5.8 radio control system.
2016-6-17
Use props
Rachet
lvl.1

Romania

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 20:26
I'm sorry, then that would indicate a hardware issue and the aircraft may need to be sent in.
And r ...

DJI-Ken, I don't know if you are an official DJI agent, but if you are this message is for you.
There are a lot of P3 STANDARD users with the same issue (signal lost after 50m). I tried to talk with Dji agents from Europe and Asia. After long waiting time they tell us the same thing: try to reset everything or sent it to service for checks. I have some questions for you, but I'm sure that DJI doesn't let you answer punctually.
1. Even all the P3S suffer of a harware issue starting with 1.6.8 firmware upgrade (which is a software issue)?
2.Why you can't embrace the idea that is a firmware/app isue? Just take a second and think, perhaps we are right.
3. Why are you so sure that is a hardware issue?
4. If you are sure that is a hardware issue, why don't you release an public statement to say that is the Dji manufacture fault and repair/change them all for free.
I think this is a cheating. I bought my Phantom 3S  4 months ago but it worked only 25 days. People is angry. We didn't pay hundred of dollars for a beeping torch. In my country press began to talk about this regarding Dji products.
I think European authorities shall check this incident.
2016-6-17
Use props
apatrick732
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477192 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-13 16:28
Sorry, link attached.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

Still can't see a map?
2016-6-17
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 11:43
Which iPad are you using, you need at least an iPad Air.
If you are using at least that then pleas ...

Why would he need at least an ipad air? That is not true.
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Scroll down and you ill see the map.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

04red6 Posted at 2016-6-17 18:24
Why would he need at least an ipad air? That is not true.

The person said they had an iPad and I stated you need at least an iPad Air if he's using iPads.
So yes, I am correct, a regular iPad will not fully run the DJI GO app.

iOS Version v2.8.3.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.1.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-6-17
Use props
todd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1063389 ft
  • >>>
United States

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2016-6-14 12:50
I like to say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you find something that works for what you are ...

While I think this does apply somewhat, it's also not everything to consider. I too recommend that most people wait a few days to see what other people say before updating. However, just because you don't _think_ you have any problems does not mean you should not update. For example, there was  problem about 6 months ago with batteries turning off in mid flight when they were cold. If you flew with warm batteries you did not have any issues. But this does not mean you would not benefit greatly by updating in order to prevent that issue. So its also a good idea to _prevent_ certain issues rather then only correct them once they happen. DJI has also been adding some great battery warnings and corrections to the batteries. These are things you want _before_ you actually have an issue.
2016-6-18
Use props
The dive buddha
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-13 21:56
What issues are you having, can you please explain in detail.
What device are you using, is it on  ...

I started a thread about this issue Ken and Dji,s lack of responses to my questions

on why all if a sudden after the 2.8.3 update on the go app disconnection instances are that bad I've stopped flying the drone !

there are many instances of people raising such issues with Dji but all I see is people proclaiming there are no disconnection issues ?

I've even supplied you with a signal strength map and how many times the signal drops out on a healthydrones map !
2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The dive buddha Posted at 2016-6-18 09:43
I started a thread about this issue Ken and Dji,s lack of responses to my questions

on why all i ...

I'm sorry you are having an issue, if you've done all the troubleshooting tips I've suggested and you are using the one the DJI's recommended devices and you you've ruled out the USB cable then please contact support and send the aircraft in for repair.
2016-6-18
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4

todd@copelandho Posted at 2016-6-18 21:55
While I think this does apply somewhat, it's also not everything to consider. I too recommend that ...

I agree with you 100%, and I have kept up with upgrades until this last one, and will upgrade to it on one of my Phantoms before I fly it again. One needs to really understand what the upgrade is going to do for them, and the battery incident is a great example (even though I live in Texas and the cold is very rarely a problem!). One problem is that I don't think DJI always releases all the information about changes to their latest firmware updates. They might say that it is to strengthen your video signal (just an example), but then it can also add more NFZs and possibly change something you don't want changed, and it's not mentioned in the explanation of the update. One update I did changed my whole user interface and I didn't see them mention that, though I might have missed it. You really just need to know what you are getting into.  Thanks!

Barney
2016-6-18
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

For those who are having disconnection issues on P3A and P3P with 2.8.3, DJI-Ken repeatedly asked for people to post logs/data files so the he and DJI could see if the issue was randomly isolated to certain aircraft/RC combos, or a bigger issue as was on the P4.  The only way he can find out is to send that data to the team in China.  I've carried that message as well to the folks on the Phantom Pilots site.  There are videos on Youtube for both all the different files.  The .dat files are hidden..  Refer to the different ways to get to them on Windows and Mac.  Alternative would be to send it in for repair ...
2016-6-18
Use props
Westside Osprey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

Just flew 2 perfect flights with latest FW and iPad Mini 2 latest iOS as well.

Absolutely flawless as usuals with DJI FW for me at least.

Just check your settings they do change from ft to meters for example and the expo seemed to change as well. Also check your fail safe return settings.
2016-6-18
Use props
j.quimby
New

United States

I am trying to install this new update, but I keep getting a failure. It initially told me to update this morning. In the go app it told me I needed to update device battery etc., So I did and got a failure several times, but when I check in the app its says that the device has the newest firmware.

Has anyone else had this issue, and am I good to update RC?
2016-6-18
Use props
Steelman
New

United States

I just updated to 1.9.60 to the aircraft.  That went fine.  Turned on RC and the DJI Go app updated to 2.8.1 (Android)  RC is 1.6.0
After all done, now I wind everything up and DJI GO says disconnected yet the pair light is green on RC and Aircraft.
Normally when I turn it all on I see on my screen the camera output....but Nothing since my update...Can't figure out what to do next.  Anybody have this problem??
We just got to get this updating down to simple science instead of continuous problems or glitches.
2016-6-18
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

scarper Posted at 2016-6-13 04:27
Is this all the changes...or are there hidden features added/removed. I would like (for once) to see ...

Same question
2016-6-18
Use props
crtaylor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1472264 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Updated to latest firmware a couple of days ago. About to fly battery #3 and this pops up. First 2 batteries were flawless flights.

2016-6-18
Use props
The dive buddha
lvl.1

United Kingdom

crtaylor@iinet. Posted at 2016-6-19 06:48
Updated to latest firmware a couple of days ago. About to fly battery #3 and this pops up. First 2 b ...

hi there pixel air
I had same issue a few weeks ago when I was doing a stick start for a in hand launch
I restarted the system from scratch and seemed OK after that ,in addition I also did a full IMU recalibration
2016-6-19
Use props
todd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1063389 ft
  • >>>
United States

Steelman Posted at 2016-6-19 04:24
I just updated to 1.9.60 to the aircraft.  That went fine.  Turned on RC and the DJI Go app updated  ...

Make sure you have removed all drone apps from your devices memory and then restart.
2016-6-19
Use props
crtaylor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1472264 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The dive buddha Posted at 2016-6-19 16:59
hi there pixel air
I had same issue a few weeks ago when I was doing a stick start for a in hand l ...

Mine is still 'bricked'. Have done a few cold full IMU recals to no avail.
2016-6-20
Use props
braddoll13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42346 ft
United States

First off ive been flying rc for lil over 10 yrs. Glo, gas, now all electric.  I bought the standard,  np setting up and was a blast.  Great footage.  Figured i trade it in on the pro. For better gps and dist.
Now after upgrade, it just beeps 4 beeps over, and over, no leds on. I've tried to reformat. Format through the bird. No go, just beeps. I let it set 1 hour, beeping, till it got warm. It can't b right!
Anyone? Tyvm
2016-6-20
Use props
braddoll13
lvl.2
United States

Ok. Got it to take older firmware. All seems fine again. I will see how it goes b4 updating to latest. (Since it didn't work 4 some reason).
But not bricked. Paired and ready to fly ;).
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

braddoll13 Posted at 2016-6-20 22:21
Ok. Got it to take older firmware. All seems fine again. I will see how it goes b4 updating to lates ...

What firmware were you trying to install and what did you lower it down to and got it to take?
It's strange that you could not install the higher one but older firmware worked.
2016-6-20
Use props
orangeblackon22
lvl.2

United States

How long can you go before the app makes you update?    Scared to update because of all the bad stories of not flying well after updates.  
2016-6-20
Use props
braddoll13
lvl.2
United States

I messed up on install. I had problems downloading the newest. It did just come out.  I think i powered down b4 it was done and maybe it would have kept beeping, lol, but i was tired and it was getting late.  Went to bed and figured over night,  if it didn't start up and quit beeping within 30min. Id go back one firmware update. That worked.  Now, could i have started over with latest?  Probably.  But tried it seemed 3 times and no go,  so today i uploaded older.  Every thing came to life.  So i than repeated with latest.  All good lol. Idk.
2016-6-20
Use props
braddoll13
lvl.2
United States

I bought standard.  Than after one pack,  i had a blast and new i needed it to go further,  distance wise. So went back and traded in for pro. ;)
I went from hoping my wifi held up,  i lost wifi connection a few times, during pre flight checks.  
Got to open field in case i had to toggle the rth feature.
Now on this pro, no worries there,  but now i get a "weak rc signal" "fly at own risk" lol. Great feed back from drone to device,  but now i have to worry about rc signal?  Lol. It all seemed fine.
I've flown 2.4g since futaba and jr. Never had a signal problem.  And i never got to " see" the connection,  pre flight checks is all.  So it should b solid on 2.4ghz.
I'm loving it.  
2016-6-20
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

I've had my P3P for over a year now and done every update and all of them were flawless. Until now!
I just did the latest firmware update and now I have problems with the video transmission.
I'm going to go back to Firmware v1.8.80. This way I'll know when I'm told that it's a hardware issue and I should send it in I'll already know that's not the case.
2016-6-20
Use props
jnf2869
lvl.1

United States

DJI has far too many firmware updates and each one is done differently then previous . I dread these update notifications when i get them. Not user friendly AT ALL
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jacmac64 Posted at 2016-6-21 06:11
I've had my P3P for over a year now and done every update and all of them were flawless. Until now!

What issue are you having with video transmission?
I have updates many many aircraft each firmware update.
2016-6-21
Use props
d.talbotbowe
lvl.1

I am having serious problems with the new firmware. DJI please fix it!!!
2016-6-21
Use props
alessio.desilvi
New

Italy

Good evening, I want to know the 1.9.60 update is also installed in the remote control ?
Thank you
2016-6-21
Use props
kkaranta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180883 ft
Germany

alessio.desilvi Posted at 2016-6-22 01:09
Good evening, I want to know the 1.9.60 update is also installed in the remote control ?
Thank you

No this update it's only for the aircraft and for the batteries. So first update the aircraft and then all your spare batteries!
2016-6-21
Use props
khaier83
New

Malaysia

FAS1 Posted at 2016-6-13 20:49
If it works for you, then fly it. Updates are only 'suggestions'. I am still on 1.4.6 and have no de ...

me also still on 1.4.6. It ok if just update the controller & android GO app only? without having to upgrade the aircraft firmware? thanks
2016-6-21
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

khaier83 Posted at 2016-6-21 21:14
me also still on 1.4.6. It ok if just update the controller & android GO app only? without having  ...

Not sure about anything other than the P3S but my GO app updates on it's own. The remote & batteries get updated through the birds FW. I have zero issues.
2016-6-21
Use props
brunomspts
New

United States

FAS1 Posted at 2016-6-22 01:11
Not sure about anything other than the P3S but my GO app updates on it's own. The remote & batteri ...

Just completed the latest updates and I too am now having video connection issues. Worked perfect before updating.
2016-6-21
Use props
brunomspts
New

United States

Plan to recalibrate tomorrow before I fly to see if that helps. Anything else I should try? I did get the success txt after upgrade and upgraded the RC as well.No problem connecting but flew the exact same areas as day before where I videoed a lot . Couldn't get a single vid today longer than 1 minute before connection issues.
2016-6-21
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

d.talbotbowe@gm Posted at 2016-6-21 16:21
I am having serious problems with the new firmware. DJI please fix it!!!

If you want help, you have to write what serious problems you have. Posting logs to DJI is a good start, so they can look into your issues.
2016-6-22
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

Pretty funny but this looks like more a restriction for the crappy geo shit. The cold weather fix was fixed months ago so is DJI now sawing that it was never fixed or there was a regression and is reintroducing the cold weather fix?
2016-6-22
Use props
arvassil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 401857 ft

Just updated my P3A + 2 batteries to v1.9.60. Flawless operation and connection to RC. Will report back upon completion of first flights. Please note that  previous update v1.8.80 was an excellent one as it was really straightforward to apply (as v1.9.60 was straightforward too) and flight experience was simply excellent.
2016-6-22
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

Hallo. Nothing about old problem of vibration?
2016-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules