Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why Dji not fix the Altitudes bug ? on P4
1209 12 2016-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harel007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 587339 ft
  • >>>
Israel

There is a serious problem and dji  Ignore the problem?   the drone not at all stable ....

Does not make sense that the Phantom 3 and 4th stable unstable

DJI - Please fix it ...
2016-6-13
Use props
Almaskm
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

DJI - Please fix it ...
2016-6-13
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are you experiencing? My P4 is perfect steady and no "Altitude bug".
2016-6-13
Use props
harel007
lvl.2
  • >>>
Israel

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-6-13 18:29
What are you experiencing? My P4 is perfect steady and no "Altitude bug".

My phantom 4 losing altitude alone - a few meters      -  eg:  if my phantom 4    on 10m   so he go 11  up and down

I saw a lot of people are experiencing the same thing

2016-6-13
Use props
donsio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68104 ft
Philippines

Just want to share my experience.

I've read about a lot of people having the altitude drops on their drones, I got my P4 about 2 months ago, never had or flown a quadcopter before so like most people I read the manuals, watched tutorials etc, did the compass calibration only and tried to fly, I was impressed by the stability, responsiveness and range of the drone, no problems encountered. Ironically after updating to 1.140, I had the altitude drops, sometimes just a bit but other times a large one, so I re-calibrated everything and cleaned the sensors and the problem was gone. I'm on the latest firmware (1.411) and re-calibrated everything again, so far so good.

Here's how I calibrate after reading a bunch of posts

1. Calibrate the IMU, make sure it's on a flat surface, this is very important because sometimes we think it's flat but it really isn't, use a proper level tool to be sure.
2. Calibrate the gimbal right after doing the IMU calibration, still on a flat surface.
3. Clean and calibrate the sensors via the DJI assistant 2 app.
4. Calibrate the remote controller (re-linking to the drone is optional I think)
5. Calibrate the compass, here's a good guide http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/compass-calibration-a-complete-primer.32829/
6. Check for dents, cracks or damage on the propellers and the drone itself, use a prop balancer if you have one.

Hope this can be some of help to people who have the altitude drop problem.

Happy flying!

2016-6-13
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2558212 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Just got my second P4 (yeah, I have two of them, long story) and while my first had some dropping, not very much, not meters, the new one which arrived today hasn't any dropping problem anymore, rock steady even when brakinhg hard at full speed....
2016-6-13
Use props
ArcticM39
lvl.3

United States

I read many posts about the odd altitude drop (after sudden stop) but have yet to experience it on my P4, which was part of the pre-order batch.
Never experienced it with any of the firmware, which I faithfully updated.
I wondered if it has more to do with hardware (barometer) than software.
2016-6-13
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.3

United States

harel007 Posted at 2016-6-13 08:55
My phantom 4 losing altitude alone - a few meters      -  eg:  if my phantom 4    on 10m   so he g ...

Mine also seems to have this problem. :[
2016-6-13
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.3

United States

PhanFran Posted at 2016-6-13 12:28
Just got my second P4 (yeah, I have two of them, long story) and while my first had some dropping, n ...

My older P4 is rock solid as well while my new one seems to drop a bit?? {:4_142:}
2016-6-13
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Strange. Mine is doing OK.

I'm wondering if you can compensate the dropping by pushing the throttle a little?

Anyone has experience exchanging there P4 for a new one, because of altitude drop?

2016-6-13
Use props
harel007
lvl.2
  • >>>
Israel

donsio Posted at 2016-6-13 22:23
Just want to share my experience.

I've read about a lot of people having the altitude drops on thei ...

I tried everything, but nothing really helps....

2016-6-14
Use props
Almaskm
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

Factory reset in DJI Assistant 2?
2016-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 6038822 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I'm really convinced, that if people read the manuals upgrade the firmware and softwear correctly ,all these problems will be sorted, I think people think if they continually moan and complain, about the smallest of things someone will arrive at the door from dji wave a wand and all will live happy ever after, well flying p4 is a challenge and it should be and that's the way most people want it if you want an easy life go lie on the beach, for me I say just get on with it, enjoy what you have purchased if there are small anomalies sort it and stop whinging.
2016-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules