Gimble not centered....
2839 10 2016-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dentin11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155646 ft

I noticed today that my gimble is not in straight on my X5 Pro, there is no drifting,  its position is off center.  The camera is not in the neutral position.
I did a gimbal calibration,  but it didn't help.  When looking directly down on the bird, the camera/gimbal is not aligned with the nose of the bird,  slightly to the left approx an 1/2 inch.   
Any advice?

2016-6-13
Use props
alfredosuna
lvl.3
Mexico

We have the same problem, we update from x3 to x5, if we plug the x3 is centered with nose of the inspire, but when we plug the x5 and make the calibration is slightly pointing to the right.
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

For clarification, could you provide your whole set up? Have you tried an IMU calibration, then a Gimbal calibration in that order to try to resolve the issue? Did you notice after a firmware update, a hard landing or long term storage?
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

alfredosuna Posted at 2016-6-16 23:12
We have the same problem, we update from x3 to x5, if we plug the x3 is centered with nose of the in ...

Have you also tried an IMU calibration, then a Gimbal calibration in that order to try to resolve the issue?
2016-6-16
Use props
alfredosuna
lvl.3
Mexico

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-16 23:55
Have you also tried an IMU calibration, then a Gimbal calibration in that order to try to resolve  ...

Thanks for the answer DJI-Jamie... yes we did the IMU an gimbal calibration, we do them every update, we did both and the compas calibration as well yesterday, and still is turn just a little to the right. It's not the end of the world, the bird is working fine.
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

alfredosuna Posted at 2016-6-17 01:48
Thanks for the answer DJI-Jamie... yes we did the IMU an gimbal calibration, we do them every upda ...

Glad to hear, minute deviations can address themselves as firmware updates improve gimbal stability. Out of curiosity, do you use the Inspire as a single operator or as a dual operator? If you have a Slave remote, have you tried calibrating the RC to ensure that the midpoint is reading center for the gimbal controls?
2016-6-16
Use props
dentin11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155646 ft

Gimbal is fine now,  did IMU and Gimbal calibration

thanks!
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dentin11 Posted at 2016-6-18 14:04
Gimbal is fine now,  did IMU and Gimbal calibration

thanks!

I'm glad to hear you're all good to go.
2016-6-21
Use props
Drone Bandits 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2667625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello I have an Inspire 1 Pro Black which I upgraded to a Raw an I am having the same issue as all above. The camera is not centered and it’s about 10 degrees to the right. I am 100% upgraded and have tried the following:
IMU Calibration
Compass Calibration
Checked all contacts to make sure there is no dirt or damage
The gimbal is perfectly balances
And still the camera sits to the right.

I took a second X5R and it does the same thing sits 10 degrees to the right.

I took my X5 camera and it centers perfectly. I’m very frustrated any help will be greatly appreciated.
2017-8-1
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone Bandits 9 Posted at 2017-8-1 13:02
Hello I have an Inspire 1 Pro Black which I upgraded to a Raw an I am having the same issue as all above. The camera is not centered and it’s about 10 degrees to the right. I am 100% upgraded and have tried the following:
IMU Calibration
Compass Calibration

You don't mention a gimbal cal.  Have you done one?  Ensure the aircraft is completely levelled.
2017-8-5
Use props
Drone Bandits 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2667625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upthedowns Posted at 2017-8-5 12:12
You don't mention a gimbal cal.  Have you done one?  Ensure the aircraft is completely levelled.

Yes sorry I did that as well
2017-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules