Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Video is stuttering
784 8 2016-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpvj
New

United Kingdom

Hi All
You wont believe how new I am to all this having just bought my first Drone (a Phantom3 Pro) recently.
I've got it flying fine and really enjoying the experience and taking some cool photographs. However, I seem to be having a problem with video. Any videos I've recorded do not produce smooth motion. I would get say 2 seconds of smooth motion then it appears to freeze for say 5 seconds when it jumps into place and freezes again for 3 seconds and then jumps again and then gives another 3 seconds of smooth motion etc etc. Very frustrating and I'm so naïve I have no idea whether this is an obvious and easy fix or something complicated. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
2016-6-14
Use props
johtah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110686 ft
Norway

Change you Micro SD card and try to see if the freeze still occures. Normally when the card is slow or faulty you experiance the freeze.
Could you tell us, the video resolution you use? Framerate? Type of MicroSD card you use?
2016-6-14
Use props
Jakebilling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1291263 ft
United Kingdom

This to me sounds like your system! How are you playing the footage back? Remember that not all PCs/Macs can play back 1080p or higher without struggling!
2016-6-14
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

Jakebilling@goo Posted at 2016-6-14 23:44
This to me sounds like your system! How are you playing the footage back? Remember that not all PCs/ ...

I agree these are the telltale symptoms of a PC/Mac with an older and too weak processor.
2016-6-14
Use props
hummingbird.uav
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

As others have pointed out the data rate is to high for your playback system.  As a test set the Phantom camera to record at a lower frame resolution, say 720P and see how this plays back.
2016-6-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you are using the SD card that came with your Phantom, it will be fine.
Are you playing back from the SD card or have you copied it to the computer's hard drive?
If it's not playing from the computer, what resolution is the video?
If it's 4K, you need a modern, well spec computer to handle that but 1080p video will probably play properly.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello jpvj, which card and resolution do you use to record the video? Do you try to play it back in different higher performance PC? Besides, it is recommended to use VLCPlayer.
2016-6-14
Use props
jpvj
New

United Kingdom

Hi All
Many thanks for all the responses. The micro sd card is the 16GB which came with the system. I'm recording (or a least I think I am recording) at 3840x2160 30fps. My computer is about 6 years old so its likely that is the problem. I'll try recording in a lower resolution and see if it plays back better. Thanks again.
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jpvj Posted at 2016-6-16 23:54
Hi All
Many thanks for all the responses. The micro sd card is the 16GB which came with the system.  ...

if your computer is 6yrs old, that has to be the issue.
I bet if you record in 720 it will be totally fine.
2016-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules