6530 8 2016-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3514751 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Just assembled my new M660 and strictly followed the manual and all the way compared with Ken Booth and Barry Blanchard well documented picture posted on Official DJ M600 facebook group.
As soon as I switched on the battery on the M600, the landing gear start to raise and lower, and again continue in that way. I disconnected the power to the servo motor, and then activated the M600 in DJI assistant 2, sw upgrade M600 and Lighbride2 ect. Restart and DJI Go app show everything okay, but my landing gear start again to raise and lower all the time.
What to do - suggestions?

2016-6-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

Ken and Barry have addressed your issue on FB.  You provided them with the pictures.  They are testing the M600 and since they have it in front of them, right now they are your best resource.  Just an FYI they are part of DJI.
2016-6-15
Use props
jan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3514751 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Thanks Tahoe_Ed, Ken solve the problem today. It just needed a landing gear calibration, and then all worked out perfect. And today it went out on first test flight, and just flew as a dream.

Thank you for all - case closed
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm just giving you notice that I edited the title to reflect that the issue was resolved.

Happy Flying!
2016-6-23
Use props
jmboto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6781407 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi. Anyone had trouble landing in small ramps?
2016-7-3
Use props
fansce0dc2b6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 493018 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi,

I have those problems, when the M600 has no weight, as with the X5 camera, the system is very unstable when landing, always lands with fear, does not stop the engines properly and tilts a bit, any day overturned and broken propellers And the price of the propellers is an abuse, and the system unstable upon landing. And now they are launching a M600 Pro, I am very repentant of having bought a few weeks ago the M600, in fact I am repentant of having DJI products for the little ethic towards its good clients.
2016-11-14
Use props
fanse60e4190
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1251125 ft
  • >>>
United States

jan@exploringim Posted at 2016-6-15 12:02
Thanks Tahoe_Ed, Ken solve the problem today. It just needed a landing gear calibration, and then al ...

How do you do a landing gear calibration?
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fanse60e4190 Posted at 2016-12-3 00:00
How do you do a landing gear calibration?

It's on page 57-58 of the M600 manual:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+v1.0.pdf
2016-12-2
Use props
Maptix
New

Mexico

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-2 15:40
It's on page 57-58 of the M600 manual:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/m600/Matrice+600+User+Manual+v1.0.pdf

So one thing they do not tell you and its CRITICAL to get the landing gear calibration working again after replacing a servo is the following

There's 2 types of calibration done on the G motors, HARDWARE calibration and SOFTWARE calibration.

When you replace one of the servos for what ever reason you NEED to recalibrate the legs via hardware.

If you start the software calibration (turning on the drone with the landing gear calibration pin pressed) and your drone leg "twiches"  before going up and down a little bit, and then failing, that means your legs are not properly MECHANICALLY calibrated.

To recalibrate the legs MECHANICALLY (and i cant believe this is not said anywhere, seriously DJI??),

1: Turn off the drone
2: REMOVE both servos from the 4 screws holding them to the landing gear brackets, let the servos "hang" in the air
3: Turn the drone on with the pin pressed, BUT DO NOT PRESS THE BUTTON AGAIN YET!! the servos will make a noise and re-set themselves to the LANDING GEAR LOWERED position
4: Lower your landing gear manually to the locked lowered position and insert/screw the servos back into place and tighten
5: Now press the button again to finish the calibration procedure, the legs will go up and down a little bit and you are done.

We had to replace a servo that stripped due to a hard landing, and after hours of trying to figure this out we eventually got it on the 734th try of trial and error, we hope this saves other people a lot of aggravation.

I'm not sure why DJI does not tell you this anywhere but here you go we hope it helps others.
2021-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules