8747 40 2016-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michael
lvl.1
Flight distance : 532523 ft
Belgium

Hello,

I swapped yesterday the A2 controller on my X8 frame with T-motors(U7 280KV) T-motor props 22X 6,6 and esc's T aswell (400hz 80A)

Equipment; Lightbridge 2 and A3

The X8 was flying perfect before and dit +200 flight hours with it.
Can sombody help me on this, I really don't have a clue, I first changed all controllers but no effect..
To be clear, the drops were not done by me, I tryd every time to recover the fall

Everything is correctly plugged and done, and updates are all done

Yesterday,

2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, did you make any changes to the Gains settings, or did you mimic the ones you had on the A2? Since you do not use that many DJI products on this rig, it would be a tad difficult to troubleshoot. Drops such as this could also be caused by ESCs as well, which adjusting those settings (if able) may be something you may want to look into as well.
2016-6-16
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is the A3 mounted on a S900 filmed on Sunday 12/06/2016

2016-6-16
Use props
michael
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-17 00:48
Just to clarify, did you make any changes to the Gains settings, or did you mimic the ones you had o ...

Hello I started with standard gaines, i'm sure that it is not the esc, I changed them to check.

When I'm putting altitude sensivity on 20 it is les but still there, there was a bug I've seen in the update, could this be the same problem?
2016-6-16
Use props
michael
lvl.1
Belgium

michael@rctakeo Posted at 2016-6-17 09:04
Hello I started with standard gaines, i'm sure that it is not the esc, I changed them to check.

W ...

Actually, in flight except the "to idle" moments the hovering and positioning is quite steady with aileron and pitch on 90%

but wathever I try the drops are more on 100 gain en less hard(recuperable) on 20 gain on the altitude..
2016-6-17
Use props
michael
lvl.1
Belgium

michael@rctakeo Posted at 2016-6-17 12:09
Actually, in flight except the "to idle" moments the hovering and positioning is quite steady with ...

Can it be that it can be caused by wind from a fan? How and were is the altitude sensor located?

2016-6-17
Use props
michael
lvl.1
Belgium

Arrow1969 Posted at 2016-6-17 08:25
This is the A3 mounted on a S900 filmed on Sunday 12/06/2016

Hello Arrow 1969,

I've seen your vidéo but this doesn't concern tis matter. The A3 is developed for the M600 so it has to be plug and play.

We are a costume building company that also sells phantoms, M600 ext,.. but why the A3 controllers are interesting me the most is to lose the altitude issue on coaxial systems that there is with the A2.

Here I have sudden power losses that I never had with any other system before, it's like the copter goes for a brief moment in low throtle and goes back to normal.

I flew the copter serval times  on totally different settings and it does the drop every 3-5 seconds, really strange, maybe the opening from the altitude pressure measuring system is too close to an airstream ore something else I've opend a new A3 system and w'll install it to see if it has the same issue.

What I'me doing is development to put the best system in our industrial copters and so far the A3system has a lot to go for (very exited about this) like the RTK and guidance features. But it seems like there are still some bugs in the system for costum-build copters..

As for example if I want to locate the gps in the system to -148 it shifts by it selfs to 108.. why I don't know. I only know(and hope) that DJI will manage those issues fast so we can enjoy the best flight control system there is.

Thanks!
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

michael@rctakeo Posted at 2016-6-17 18:22
Can it be that it can be caused by wind from a fan? How and were is the altitude sensor located?

What kind of LEDs are you getting from the A3? Have you checked your battery settings to make sure your low voltage warnings are correct? If they are set too high it can cause the unit to want to land immediately.
2016-6-17
Use props
michael
lvl.1

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-17 18:18
What kind of LEDs are you getting from the A3? Have you checked your battery settings to make sure ...

Hello,

White flashing, with the Ipad and de LB2 not any warning or error when it decent, i put the low voltage on the lowest 21,0 V and I have no Voltage drops in the system, staying above 22,8V on the test flight (big battery)

And wat is strange, if I keep the stick at a little more than halfwayup the copter is ok and climbs a bit but if I lower the stick in the middle if fas down like a brik.. I did calibration on the GO-app en when I check visually on the Assistant the stick are moving correct..
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

michael@rctakeo Posted at 2016-6-18 00:33
Hello,

White flashing, with the Ipad and de LB2 not any warning or error when it decent, i put th ...

Are you certain that it's white LED indicator coming from the A3 and not yellow? Just to clarify, is it a fast LED sequence or is it slow?

Other customers have mentioned that decreasing the top motors to 95% have helped. In addition, some have also shielded the barometer (which is inside the A3's MC itself) a little more to help with stability as well. This is feedback that others have provided, but DJI has not tested these methods themselves.

If you can, could you also post a screen shot of your current Customer Mix settings you have on the A3. Any additional screenshots of your settings would be highly appreciated. There are not a lot of customers that are using the X4/X8 configurations with the A3, and we would like to provide as much info as possible for R&D to take a look at this as well.
2016-6-17
Use props
michael
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-17 19:31
Are you certain that it's white LED indicator coming from the A3 and not yellow? Just to clarify, i ...

Hello Jamie,

Form the Led, I think its flashing normal, but with bright whether it's hard to see, when I start the motors the LB2 (I-pad) says that the homelock is updated and the led blinks for a brief moment fast and then normal again.

How can I see the barometer? I don't really see a the holes like in the A2, maybe the small spacing between the upper part and the body?

I'm going to put a second unit on it now an check if it exactly the same case, than I shall top the calibration on 95% and check (hope in the meanwhile you can tell me how(where) to shield the barometer, than I shall test that too,
/Users/michaeldaris/Desktop/FullSizeRender 2.jpg
/Users/michaeldaris/Desktop/FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

A3 sensivity

A3 sensivity
2016-6-17
Use props
Hanski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53619 ft
Finland

Hi,
Just guessing (can't really see due to low resolution), but I'd say that the air turbulence from the propellers could be disturbing the altitude measurement. Don't know where the tiny opening in the A3 body is located, but its worth checking.
2016-6-18
Use props
michael
lvl.1

This worked for me, a small tape on the inlet of the air pressure and everything stable!

Thanks Jamy!

Ps; my second A3 didn't want to update and it always fails to update, is there any hard reset like on the A2 (F1-F2 signal whire)?
Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 18.05.30.png
2016-6-18
Use props
michael
lvl.1
Belgium

michael@rctakeo Posted at 2016-6-18 18:03
This worked for me, a small tape on the inlet of the air pressure and everything stable!

Thanks J ...

Some return of information..

This weekend I tested the A3 controller fore 5hours of flight in total and tested different settings and took off the tape..

Actually the problem was not totally the wind hitting the Barometer but I think there is a small bug in the deadband of the throtlestick of the Lightbridge 2 in combination of the A3.

I did the following, I hold the throtlestick a bit off center on the moment of calibration(+5) and the craft became stable at hover. Sometimes I have now the opposite, when I give some power(very little) the craft gives a push up in the sky.

So not totally fixed but doable, I think DJI 'll come with a solution soon..

In either way, I tested POI, waypoints and follow me and that's really perfect.

except the minor hight issue I't the most stable solution for an X8 copter that I have seen yet.
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

michael@rctakeo Posted at 2016-6-20 14:31
Some return of information..

This weekend I tested the A3 controller fore 5hours of flight in tot ...

Thank you so much for supplying this information. I will have this feedback sent to R&D, so that they look into this further. I'm glad to hear that the performance has improved some.

In regards to your second A3, unfortunately that method hasn't been tested on the A3 so we would not know for certain. You may need to either look into an exchange from your dealer (if you're within range) or a RMA through our Europe support team.
2016-6-20
Use props
Stash Media Wor
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi @michael what esc's are you using on your X8? I am just about to test on mine and have a couple of options for it tmotor 2826/550kv40A Plush and T motor 4120/465kv and T60A. What programming did you do to your esc? Just the standard programme?
Also what gains and mixer settings have you ended up using?

Thanks, Ross.
2016-6-20
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,
I'm getting exactly the same behaviour from a standard S1000+. It's impossible to land the craft other than to switch to auto land when it behaves OK. The drop only happens on exactly mid stick in hover. In normal flight with the throttle above the mid point, all is well and it flies perfectly. As this is the case I doubt whether it is barometer? I have the A3 mounted on the top plate and it is a bit exposed. I have the standard gains just with a bit of expo dialled in. DJI, you need to get a fix for this as it is costing us money and reputation for lost missions.
2016-7-2
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just built a Perspex cover for the A3 controller which overlaps the sides and front of the holes which I believe are for the barometer. Hopefully, now it is protected from the direct influence of the props, it will establish whether it is the barometer or a firmware issue. I will update tomorrow. I don't think we should have to troubleshoot these issues for DJI at significant cost and inconvenience! The literature says this is suitable for the S1000+ and it clearly is not (yet). I am extremely lucky that the impact as a result of this issue appears to have done no lasting damage.
2016-7-2
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well the Perspex cover was an incredible success, the controller performed faultlessly and is an amazing piece of technology. Blows the A2 away apart from the LED module that is barely visible even on a bright cloudy day. DJI, all you need to do is manufacture a couple of deflectors to deflect the prop wash over the barometer holes from the front and rear of the raised part in the middle and maybe put something in the manual or release notes to warn users of the possibility of altitude problems if the controller is mounted on the top plate. If anyone's interested I have attached a link  to a picture of my cover?

?dl=0
2016-7-3
Use props
user1b779907b4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18025 ft

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-7-4 02:29
Well the Perspex cover was an incredible success, the controller performed faultlessly and is an ama ...

Your attachment did not come through. Can you post it please. I had a bad alltiude drop and almost crashed. It was the second time i flew it. The first flight was flawless and the only thing that was different was that it was windy when it dropped. Very disappointed in a3 now i have lost confidence in my machine. Oh and i mounted my unit on the top plate also maybe i should move it to bottom plate? Thanks
2016-7-3
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I few mine first time in windy conditions. I think its 'ram air' either from wind or 'prop wash'. Don't lose confidence, try the fix below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yyy48 ... NJXNZsXnH__iSa?dl=0
2016-7-4
Use props
mradeck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1902753 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-7-3 20:29
Well the Perspex cover was an incredible success, the controller performed faultlessly and is an ama ...

can you provide a photo from your perspex cover - thx
2016-7-5
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RE: A3 Altitude drops

Try this link

2016-7-5
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try this link

2016-7-5
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Email me at ab.devoil@virginmedia.com
2016-7-5
Use props
user1b779907b4
lvl.2

mradeck Posted at 2016-7-5 21:38
can you provide a photo from your perspex cover - thx

Thanks.......
2016-7-7
Use props
user1b779907b4
lvl.2

This problem is absolutely ridiculous! I have video I will be posting of the wonderful clearly not tested enough before released A3 in action. Altitude drops that make it virtually impossible to fly. This time it flipped over when I was trying to get it on the ground. I am so incredibly kissed off and disappointed in DJI putting out a product with such a serious problem. I come from the RC helicopter world and I was a rep for Mikado who make the best Heli flight control systems out there. They would never release a product to market that has an issue this bad. And if there was a problem it was addresed immediately and if a product recall was needed than that's what would happen although I can't remember them ever having One. DJI needs to get there act together and address this issue. $900 for a flight controller that can't even be used is just ridiculous. I will post video shortly.
2016-7-8
Use props
user1b779907b4
lvl.2
United States

user1b779907b4 Posted at 2016-7-9 11:44
This problem is absolutely ridiculous! I have video I will be posting of the wonderful clearly not t ...

I also had a data logger onboard recording throttle movement, RPM, and power (amps,watts). I am still analyzing the data but it seems to show the obvious which is rpm drops without throttle movement. I will post that data also.
2016-7-8
Use props
mradeck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1902753 ft
  • >>>

user1b779907b4 Posted at 2016-7-9 12:38
I also had a data logger onboard recording throttle movement, RPM, and power (amps,watts). I am st ...

oh yes please provide log data
2016-7-9
Use props
user1b779907b4
lvl.2

mradeck Posted at 2016-7-10 01:46
oh yes please provide log data

Im going to do another flight with data logger. Im not happy with the sample rate i used. In trying to synch it with video it not accurate enough. One other thing im wondering if everyone else notices that it only happens when you climb and then come to a hover? If i just take off and hover about 15 feet of the ground and move left right forward or backwards its fine. But as soon as i climb in alltitude and come to a hover it just drops and continues to drop everytime you try to climb.
2016-7-9
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Notice how DJI have gone quiet on this post!!??
2016-7-9
Use props
user1b779907b4
lvl.2

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-7-10 15:59
Notice how DJI have gone quiet on this post!!??

Not what i would expect for the #1 drone mfg around!
2016-7-10
Use props
user1b779907b4
lvl.2

I did not even notice they released a firmware update like week ago. They did not address any major issues.
2016-7-10
Use props
user1b779907b4
lvl.2

user1b779907b4 Posted at 2016-7-11 02:25
I did not even notice they released a firmware update like week ago. They did not address any major  ...

Nevermind its just an Assistant 2 upgrade.
2016-7-10
Use props
michael
lvl.1

Stash Media Wor Posted at 2016-6-21 06:47
Hi @michael what esc's are you using on your X8? I am just about to test on mine and have a couple o ...

Hello,

I've got a new A3 from DJI and works much better. Standard ESC's are fine for a X8 with a diameter for 1M you can start with 100 of gain and then go slightly up.

Best regards,

Michaël
2016-8-25
Use props
apost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842283 ft

How did you go about getting DJI to switch out your A3 with a new one?
2016-9-5
Use props
fans2983f9c7
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Hi Guys, we have an X8 Heavylifter that we've been flying for a long time with wookong. We decided to switch to the new A3 FC and we have problems. After 3 or 4 minutes flying with 7kg payload we suffer of motor power loss. Temperature of the motors are cool, and motors have plenty of power to handle that payload. We use KDE 435kv with 18" props.
Has anyone suffered this ?

Regards

Marco
2016-12-9
Use props
MichaelDaris
lvl.1
Belgium

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-7-3 19:29
Well the Perspex cover was an incredible success, the controller performed faultlessly and is an amazing piece of technology. Blows the A2 away apart from the LED module that is barely visible even on a bright cloudy day. DJI, all you need to do is manufacture a couple of deflectors to deflect the prop wash over the barometer holes from the front and rear of the raised part in the middle and maybe put something in the manual or release notes to warn users of the possibility of altitude problems if the controller is mounted on the top plate. If anyone's interested I have attached a link  to a picture of my cover?

[view_image]?dl=0

Hello Swiss Tony,

I ended up in sending the unit back to DJI and got a new one witch was working without tape, I think in't only a too sensible sensor at the beginning.
2016-12-17
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've put mine inboard now and it seems OK. Glad you sorted yours.
2016-12-17
Use props
fansed722954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34892 ft
United States

That blows. Have you adjusted the PIDS yet?
2018-12-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules