suggestion : osmo wired link to iphone/ipod
1593 8 2016-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mataikan1973
lvl.1

Can we have a wired link to the iphone/ipod/android  like the phantom controllers as an added option to this fragile wifi link?   
reasons :

1. faster and reliable link in case of wifi jamming areas, due to all sorts of reasons (crowded wifi/ secruity)
2. option to link to another wifi link for : internet

2016-6-16
Use props
realsty
New

United States

I was thinking the same
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi all,
We've acknowledged your suggestions.

Please pay attention to our website for any possible update.
Thanks.
2016-6-16
Use props
andre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any hard connection would need to be in the handle, not in the moving head, and I don't know what data is actually passed to the handle? Would be a great idea though.

Andre
2016-6-17
Use props
alan.zapata
lvl.1

United States

andre@cix.co.uk Posted at 2016-6-17 07:02
Any hard connection would need to be in the handle, not in the moving head, and I don't know what da ...

Something I hope for and have requested was a breakout that might be in the same form factor as the Raw SSD case. It could have a wifi access point for multiclient monitoring (director, producer,etc) a video out and hopefully a hardwire connect to the iphone/ipad controlling things. I'd pay a decent amount for that, making it much more professional tool and expanding what it can do a great deal.
2016-6-17
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

I agree.
The wifi connection requirement is the seriously weak link of the Osmo.
The wired connection on the Phantom controller works much better and is much quicker to connect.
I dont understand why DJI use wifi when the phone is already physically connected to the handle, a wired connection would be much more effective.
Wifi would only be useful for a remote monitor
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-6-19 20:44
I agree.
The wifi connection requirement is the seriously weak link of the Osmo.
The wired connectio ...

Hi rj74,
We appreciate all of your good ideas.
However, considering that the Osmo WiFi connection allow us to control the Osmo freely within a distance of 25 meters, I think it might be suitable for more different scenarios.

Our engineers will take serious consideration on your suggestions. If there's any update in the future, we'll publish the news in the official website.
Thanks for your concern.
2016-6-19
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Adding a wired connection would mean either buying a new Osmo handle or a pricey add on for the existing handle.  I suppose if it was an add on, if it incorporated additional features it may be worth it, but in all honesty I've had zero issues with the wi fi option so far.
2016-6-24
Use props
ShamanRawb
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-20 10:02
Hi rj74,
We appreciate all of your good ideas.
However, considering that the Osmo WiFi connection  ...

Possibly using the USB connection in the head, and locking the head. So no stabilizing functions, but still great video for Live Feeds. Using the USB and freeing your phones Wifi would allow Livestreams over wifi instead of forcing the phone to use Cellular.
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules