12Next >
3719 42 2016-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
threethreethree
lvl.2
Latvia

Hello,

This is a brand new unit, out of the box. Here is the issues I'm having with the gimbal.

When I power up the unit, after gimbal initialization it stays not leveld, but it tilted on the left side down.

After the full gimbal calibration it's perfectly leveled. But once I get to restart my P4 it's all down to the left side again.

Please refer to my pictures.

This is what it looks like when I power on the P4.

This is what it looks like when I power on the P4.

This is what it looks like if I give it some positive adjustment.

This is what it looks like if I give it some positive adjustment.

After gimbal calibration.

After gimbal calibration.
2016-6-17
Use props
threethreethree
lvl.2
Latvia

BUMP. BUMP. BUMP.
2016-6-17
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 593120 ft

Hi

Have you calibrated the IMU?

If your P4 is straight out of the box this is the first thing you need to do.
2016-6-17
Use props
threethreethree
lvl.2
Latvia

Everything was calibrated on a perfectly leveled surface, IMU, gimbal. Nothing helped.
2016-6-17
Use props
Las5muertas
lvl.2

China

Did you remove the white piece of plastic that is behind the gimbal to hold it in place? That's what I forgot on mine.

By the way you shouldn't bump your post after 10 minutes.
2016-6-17
Use props
threethreethree
lvl.2
Latvia

I think you mean the gimbal protective cover? I certainly did remove it.

By the way I think  I shouldn't be having such problems after paying 1500€ for this nonsense.
2016-6-17
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

No, not the protective cover, the piece of white foam behind the gimbal.
2016-6-17
Use props
threethreethree
lvl.2
Latvia

I didn't have the white piece of plastic on mine. Different batch.
14661709164761820541817.jpg
2016-6-17
Use props
threethreethree
lvl.2
Latvia

Guys, you are missing my point. When I do a full successful gimbal calibration, it stays leven until I switch on and off my P4.
2016-6-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What I do to adjust gimbal is after all calibrations I hover a few feet from the ground and using a grid I align the level by holding 'C2' button operated and using right hand wheel on remote to adjust to a known level. Which in my case is wall in my garden. I have not noticed any gimbal tilt problems since updating to latest firmware/App' )IOS) and using this method. On previous builds and adjusting as you have done I did have issues.

Perhaps you could try this hover level adjust and see if it locks after that.
2016-6-17
Use props
threethreethree
lvl.2
Latvia

Sadly, that didn't help.
Screenshot_2016-06-17-17-28-45.png
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I am sorry you are having an issue, is the aircraft on the latest firmware update?
If not, update it and if it is you can reapply the update from the DJI Assistant2 software either on PC or MAC.
You've tried everything else and if nothing works then you will need to send it in.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-4/info#downloads
2016-6-17
Use props
threethreethree
lvl.2
Latvia

DJI-Ken, I'm running the latest software version. Would you advise me to return it? Thanks!
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

threethreethree Posted at 2016-6-17 23:06
DJI-Ken, I'm running the latest software version. Would you advise me to return it? Thanks!

If re-flashing the 1.1.41 firmware and calibrating IMU don't help, please get in touch with our EU tech support. Here is the contact information: 联系欧洲.JPG
2016-6-17
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United Kingdom

Try installing an earlier firmware, eg 1.1.3, or factory reset to see if problem remains. If problem gone you know its a firmware issue . If still there probably a non software issue.
2016-6-17
Use props
threethreethree
lvl.2
Latvia

I have tried everything mentioned above, and sadly, nothing helped. It's definitely a hardware, and not software related issue. Contacted the supplier, going to return for exchange, or a full refund.
2016-6-18
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.3
United States

After you did the update to the aircraft did you try uninstalling then reinstalling the DJI GO App?
2016-6-18
Use props
threethreethree
lvl.2
Latvia

jag01usn Posted at 2016-6-18 12:20
After you did the update to the aircraft did you try uninstalling then reinstalling the DJI GO App?

I did, I even tried it on my newly purchased iPad Mini, to no avail.
2016-6-18
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

threethreethree Posted at 2016-6-17 09:45
Guys, you are missing my point. When I do a full successful gimbal calibration, it stays leven until ...

Try Toms Tech Time on Youtube and follow his Tutorials on the setup. I just follow along and pausing while making my initial settings. Just a thought.
2016-6-18
Use props
bagemgas
New

Russia

У меня была такая проблема на Фантоме 3 . Устраняется только механически.
2016-6-18
Use props
bagemgas
New

Russia

Тебе придётся разбирать подвес
2016-6-18
Use props
threethreethree
lvl.2
Latvia

bagemgas@mail.r Posted at 2016-6-18 14:40
У меня была такая проблема на Фантоме 3 . Устраняется т ...

Я в принципе сразу так и понял. Калибровки, обновления, ничего не помогло. Вскрывать я его точно не буду, купил в магазине, в понедельник! Уже связался, жду ответа, запросил заменить на новый.
2016-6-18
Use props
bagemgas
New

Russia

threethreethree Posted at 2016-6-18 20:27
Я в принципе сразу так и понял. Калибровки, обновления, ...

Если он на гарантии , то конечно сам не ремонтируй.Во время эксплуатации это может возникнуть . Я свой фантом 3 весь перебирал полностью и с подвесом были проблемы . А сейчас главная проблема вышла из строя центральная плата , такого я не ожидал . Цена новой платы половина стоимости нового Фантома3
2016-6-19
Use props
threethreethree
lvl.2
Latvia

UPDATE:

Just went ahead and sent it back to the place I have purchased it from.
So basically it will be sent to a local service for inspection? And if they determine it's a faulty hardware I will get a replacement or a full refund!

Will post back.

2016-6-20
Use props
threethreethree
lvl.2
Latvia

bagemgas@mail.r Posted at 2016-6-19 18:06
Если он на гарантии , то конечно сам не ремонтируй.Во в ...

Очень сочувствую... Я сам теперь на нервах, что будет в этом сервисе, запросил только обмен, либо возврат денег.
2016-6-20
Use props
bagemgas
New

Russia

threethreethree Posted at 2016-6-21 03:54
Очень сочувствую... Я сам теперь на нервах, что будет в  ...

Потом скажешь ч то они предприняли . А я связался с официалами , переписку с ними веду , всё спрашивают что и как произошло , какие симптомы были ,может что подскажут . Вот бы научили самому диагностику делать , может Ты знаешь ?
2016-6-21
Use props
MMMCCCXXXIII
lvl.2
Latvia

Post Update

The Phantom 4 unit was sent it for diagnostics to DJI Netherlands repair center.

It was diagnosed with a defective gimbal, and it was replaced with a new one.
So, the dealer phone me up yesterday, and told me that the unti was repaired, and I could pick it up!

I was orverhelmed with the news, and rushed to pick it up!
After opening the box, I could see a foam pad protecting the camera underneath.

I was very happy, charged up my battery, calibrated IMU, compass, gimbal, and was ready to go!
Took the Phantom 4 to the sky, and my smile faded gradually.

Here is what I'm talking about:

The tilted horizon is very noticable, I can barely fly this thing, because even when I'm hovering it looks very bad.

The pictures above, are from me going up to 50 meters, and letting off the stick, to get a stable hover.

I would love to hear back from DJI support, as soon as possible.

CAS-186392
S/N: 07DDD4L0B10897

2016-7-28
Use props
MMMCCCXXXIII
lvl.2
Latvia

This is a brand new unit, that was defective out of the box, the repair made it even worse.

2016-7-28
Use props
dead fred
lvl.1

United States

I thought with the P3's being so seemingly stable, and given the P4's marketing campaign - A early P4 purchase would be just fine... Turn's out I was wrong.

Good luck going another round with service. Please do yourself a favor and document everything, photo/video, screenshots, saving threads since they disappear, etc.
2016-7-28
Use props
MMMCCCXXXIII
lvl.2
Latvia

Uploaded a part of the video here:

The unexplained starts at 04:00

Again, everything was calibrated on a 0% flat surface.

2016-7-28
Use props
dji.most.wanted
lvl.4

United States

MMMCCCXXXIII Posted at 2016-7-28 11:14
Uploaded a part of the video here:

The unexplained starts at 04:00

I was going to say to make sure you reinstall the app in case it is sideways or has old gimbal roll values it is referencing, but if it was good for 4 minutes...

I have a feeling you're either going to have to wait for newer firmware to address all these occurrences people are reporting, or you're going to need to roll the dice again with the service dept.
2016-7-28
Use props
mikrosoftuk
New

Your not alone mine tilts as well when facing a certain direction
2016-7-28
Use props
multikopteri
lvl.2
Latvia

mikrosoftuk@sky Posted at 2016-7-28 21:11
Your not alone mine tilts as well when facing a certain direction

My is all over the place, even when I turn on my P4, the camera is always facing up! When I do a Camera calibration, it goes back to normal level. When I switch off, and switch on again, it still facing up. Definitely a crooked gimbal, again!
2016-7-28
Use props
mikrosoftuk
New

How do i go about getting warranty repair i have contacted the local dji repair shop that they recommend but they have come back saying they don't do warranty repairs
2016-7-28
Use props
dji.most.wanted
lvl.4

United States

mikrosoftuk@sky Posted at 2016-7-28 15:07
How do i go about getting warranty repair i have contacted the local dji repair shop that they recom ...

just email support.us@dji.com with your support request. I believe that address is funneled into a support ticketing system.
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MMMCCCXXXIII Posted at 2016-7-28 21:31
This is a brand new unit, that was defective out of the box, the repair made it even worse.

We're very sorry about this, I've escalated this case, and will look into this.
2016-7-30
Use props
multikopteri
lvl.2
Latvia

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-31 09:59
We're very sorry about this, I've escalated this case, and will look into this.

Thank you very much for your support! I've got an email from DJI NL on Friday, replied back with my personal information, so now awaiting for further instructions.

Thanks!
2016-7-31
Use props
Vinniez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2106204 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

sometimes strong winds will make the gimbal unlevel, you have to wait  until the drone hovering stable after moving or turning....
2016-7-31
Use props
MMMCCCXXXIII
lvl.2
Latvia

Vinniez Posted at 2016-7-31 19:37
sometimes strong winds will make the gimbal unlevel, you have to wait  until the drone hovering stab ...

Actually I'm aware of that, but sadly, this isn't my case. It also does this indoors, and when just holding the unit, rotating it around, etc... Thanks for the tip though!
2016-7-31
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

multikopteri Posted at 2016-7-31 22:03
Thank you very much for your support! I've got an email from DJI NL on Friday, replied back with my ...

Hope it gets solved soon, let us know when there's update
2016-7-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules