Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Facebook live, DJI GO and Lightbridge 2
1563 6 2016-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterBerglund
lvl.1

Sweden

I have been using Facebook Live video with my Phantom 4 and the DJI GO app (iOS). Works great. Now I have hooked up my Ronin-M to a Lighbridge 2 system primarly for long distance live 1080p video transmission (works great!).

BUT, I also tried to send Facebook Live video with the DJI GO while connected to the LB2 ground station (remote controller) - but that feature is not there... Am I doing something wrong here or is this feature disabled in DJI GO while using LB2? If so, why...?
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Unfortunately the standalone Lightbridge 2/Ronin combination is not able to use Facebook or YouTube livestreaming. This is primarily due to the Lightbridge not being able to fully integrate with a 3rd party camera for that kind of communication. At this time. At this time, the GO app supports livestreaming with DJI camera systems such as our Ready to Fly units (Inspire 1, Phantom 3 Pro/Adv, Phantom 4), or a M600 that uses the X3/X5/XT mounting kit.
2016-6-17
Use props
PeterBerglund
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-17 22:36
Unfortunately the standalone Lightbridge 2/Ronin combination is not able to use Facebook or YouTube  ...

Okay, thx for your quick reply. I do however feel that it's rather strange that it should be an issue in regards to the connected camera. I mean, it's a "normal" HDMI-signal that is transmitted from the LB2 air unit, not any special or unknown signal or protocol between the 3rd party camera and the DJI air unit. Secondly, after receiving the video stream to the ground unit it feels like this is the same kind of stream an Inspire or P4 receives – and as the DJI GO app can stream these streams to YouTube and Facebook Live, why not LB2…?
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

PeterBerglund Posted at 2016-6-20 19:41
Okay, thx for your quick reply. I do however feel that it's rather strange that it should be an is ...

This is unfortunately the current limitation for this combination. This issue has been provided to our R&D department to see if live streaming from 3rd party cameras via the Ronin/ Lightbridge 2 is something that could be possible in the future.
2016-6-20
Use props
PeterBerglund
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-20 17:44
This is unfortunately the current limitation for this combination. This issue has been provided to ...

Thx! Looking forward to that update!
/Peter
2016-6-21
Use props
philroccuzzo
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-20 11:44
This is unfortunately the current limitation for this combination. This issue has been provided to ...

Hello...I am trying to understand if this thread answers my question as I think it may be related.  I am new here.  I have a Phantom 2 with an H3-3D gimbal, Hero4 Black, and use a FatShark Dominator V2 for FPV.
I would LOVE to stream live to facebook and/or periscope and see everyone doing so with their new Phantom 4s.  I wish I had the money right now for that but I was wondering what my best option was for accomplishing the same result.  I attempted to use the A/V output from the FatShark into a video capture device on my Macbook Pro and then use a screen/display capture to go live but the quality is horrible to say the least.  I started looking at the Lightbridge 2 setup and this seems like it would solve this issue for me plus give me added range.   Can you confirm that I would be able to stream live with Youtube/Facebook/Periscope using lightbridge 2 in the above configuration?  It sounded like you said LB2 is not compatible with 3rd party cameras.  Does that include the GoPro on the Phantom 2?  Is LB2 compatible with the streaming services?
Sorry if I'm not asking the right questions or giving the wrong detail.  Guide me if I'm doing something wrong in this forum.   Thanks...Phil
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

philroccuzzo@ph Posted at 2016-7-27 22:10
Hello...I am trying to understand if this thread answers my question as I think it may be related. ...

Baed on the information provided, you would not be able to use Lightbridge 2 with the rig you have. At this time the Lightbridge 2 system on its own is not meant for social media streaming throught the DJI Go app when it comes to 3rd party cameras. In addition, Lightbridge 2 does not support the Naza MV2 or the Phantom 2 platforms, nor does it support the H3/H4 gimbals.
2016-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules