Phantom 3 Standard Video Transmission
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisclarkeart
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've had my phantom for a few days now I've tried to have a quick flight in my garden but with the close houses etc I get poor gps and too much interference, so I took it onto a field about 50m away, I got a good GPS signal with 9 satellites, flying in Pmode, going straight up from launch I loose transmission at 30m, which I don't understand, I had a fairly better flight straight after of 150m away at 30m high, and kept video transmission, I'm wondering could the extremely cloudy weather and close by houses effect this? Maybe using an iPhone 6+ with airplane mode on.

Hope someone could give me some tips!

Cheers
2016-6-17
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

Will Airplane Mode not disable Wi-Fi needed for MD connectivity?
2016-6-17
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

Hey bro you are not the only one having this issue.. i m loosing radio signal at 40m - 60m.. some people loose video signal.. it comes with the new 1.6.80 update, and thee are lot of people out there having the same issue.. if you ask DJI they will say to send the drone back to repair, that is the only thing they say and still there is no clear solution for this.. but we can wait for another fixed firmware upgrade, yesterday came a new firmware for phantom 3 pro, so I hope standard will also get new one very soon, and if it is not going to fix the problem, we all have send i back, including you and me..
2016-6-17
Use props
chrisclarkeart
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok cheers for that, I turned wifi off because I heard it can cause interference? Yeah it's really annoying because when I'm getting a good flight I loose transmission and have to return to home to get connection back, I've only had my drone a few days so I'm new to it all!,  the drone was bought off eBay so it's no new don't know if I could return it for that reason. But hopefully a new update fixes the problems
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Chris, have you tried to adjust your antenna and RC position during your flight?
2016-6-17
Use props
irp
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-18
Use props
crembo9
lvl.1

Bulgaria

you should downgrade the firmware it helps.
2016-6-18
Use props
chrisclarkeart
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the info guys I'm guessing it's a software issue now, mainly because the video doesn't go above 30m in height, I was at 150 with perfect video then it just losses transmission, extremely annoying!
2016-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules