Samung Gear VR and FPV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1032215 ft
United States

So I have been looking a lot and really never found much info on how to make Samsung Gear VR and PH3A fly together.  I decide yesterday to purchase the Litchi app and figure out how to make use of my GearVR and not ruin them for other apps and games.  So here are the pics of the mods I made.  Going to sand a little this weekend to make the hole smoother and a little more appealing.

Drill a hole in the bumper side of the headset.
Make Sure the micro USB cable fits

The USB connector is not touch and still works for Oculus Games and apps

Works great.  

IMG_2252.JPG
IMG_2253.JPG
IMG_2254.JPG
IMG_2256.JPG
2016-6-17
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

How do you get the app to split into 2 identical images?  I do not see it on the software.

VR View

VR View

2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Nice, I was going to try those with my S6.
2016-6-17
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

http://forum.dji.com/thread-55539-1-1.html
2016-6-17
Use props
johngreydanus
New
Australia

acenothing Posted at 2016-6-18 08:06
How do you get the app to split into 2 identical images?  I do not see it on the software.

It's the LITCHI app, is that what you're using?
VR icon

VR

VR
2016-9-24
Use props
johngreydanus
New
Australia

I did something similar with mine, the new Samsung Gear VR 2016, but instead of having the connector flipped up, I used the second connector and ground out the inside of it.

This way the phone stays centered where it's supposed to be!

I'll post pictures if any interest or I get connected later.
2016-9-24
Use props
fran_lmc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1985659 ft
Spain

johngreydanus Posted at 2016-9-25 05:08
I did something similar with mine, the new Samsung Gear VR 2016, but instead of having the connector ...

Hi, Johngreydanus can you show me your mods for gear vr 2016.

Thanks
2016-9-27
Use props
treeboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604747 ft
United States

johngreydanus Posted at 2016-9-24 13:08
I did something similar with mine, the new Samsung Gear VR 2016, but instead of having the connector flipped up, I used the second connector and ground out the inside of it.

This way the phone stays centered where it's supposed to be!

Instead of grinding the connector (USB-C) down you can just remove it for later use, from the adapter by removing the four, albeit tiny, screws. The connector then comes out and you can replace the part with the four screws.
2017-1-28
Use props
shanghalf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft
Vietnam

just quick feedback with the gear hack "remove drill litchi" :
1 the usb will be on the right size make sure to open litchi in this orientation or it gona be upside down ( wont rotate on galaxy s9 )
2 don't fly too far or be ready to hit RTH as litchi overheat in the google and shut down after few minutes ( i live in tropical area  may be in summit of the alps you get the device cooled enought )  but once it shut down you have to wait for the phone to cool down to relanch any app

last thing i know the post is quite old  but ..
gear/oculus have a new app named phone cast unfortunatelly the signal do not pass trough the external usbc connector but technically that would be awsome
just launch dji go 4 and connect trough the ext usb .. then you would have control of the app with controller or google trackpad ..

i wondering if anyone already investigated ( i did the basic test not working )  like specs of this connector and eventually dev mode or phone root to get both oculus app and video signal out of this usb external

perfect fpv set for nothing then
2020-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules