1071 10 2016-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

After reading a bunch of threads on the Amazon Fire, I got the Go App loaded on my Fire, etc. Got it pretty much working. Other than maps loading. I get how it's not going to load maps in the field due to no cell service. But I downloaded Google maps on the fire and it won't load them even at home on WIFI.

What is also weird is the "cache maps" does not appear in my general settings.

I've seen a lot of posts on people using the Fire and I'm just wondering if anyone has maps loading or not? What do i have to do to get maps to cache?

Thanks,

Quint
2016-6-17
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Having no GPS has nothing to do with maps.
Having no GPS will only affect the ability to reset home point to the current location of the controller and follow-me flying.

There's no need to have Google aps loaded, the DJI app handles that itself.
2016-6-17
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft

Map Cache selection is only in Apple IOS.
To cache map start up AC, RC, & Fire with WI-Fi enabled, it should download map for your current location using the GPS in your P3.
2016-6-17
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry. I didn't mean GPS. Duh. I meant Cell Service!
2016-6-17
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ShuanD Posted at 2016-6-17 22:45
To cache map start up AC, RC, & Fire with WI-Fi enabled, i ...
Hmmm... I'll try that as it is a different start up sequence.
2016-6-17
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ShuanD Posted at 2016-6-17 22:45
To cache map start up AC, RC, & Fire with WI-Fi enabled, i ...

Not working. Hmm.. Have you done this with The Fire? As I think I understand this is normally how you do this. And I've seen in other threads that with The Fire you can get it to do this but you have to do a couple other things or something. Anyway, thanks for the tip.
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Quint, try to zoom in and move the app with your device connecting to Internet or data service.
2016-6-17
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

That's what I'm totally doing DJI-Paladin and it's not loading while I'm home with internet WIFI. I even set it aside for 20 minutes and still not loading.

Hmmm. Otherwise, it's seems to be working great.

I checked and I have location services on in the fire settings, etc.

Q
2016-6-18
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2

Quint I didn't mean to suggest a different  start up sequence.  I power up tablet, RC, then AC, I then get a prompt to start DJI GO APP and click on  OK. After GO app is running, click on Camera View and wait for status to be ready. What I was trying to suggest is to wait until the AC has aquire GPS lock, announces home point updated check on map.  Then tap on map to make it go full screen, and use pan & Zoom to select map area.  My test indicate this sequence works best with tablet GPS OFF, but, WiFi/Cell on.  I don't have any experience with Fire, so If it still doesn't work, it is probably an issue with your tablet.
2016-6-18
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I understand all that. Thanks.

It's specifically an issue with the Fire.

Bummer cause otherwise, the app is running great. Just trying to use something other than my iPhone 6.

Some people like to have maps loaded, some think it's not that big a deal. I like having maps going.

Q
2016-6-18
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2

Qunit
Then it may be best to try using Google Maps to trouble shoot map download issues without adding complexity of adding DJI GO functions.  Contrary to many other comments DJI GO can no longer access maps cached in Google Maps.  
2016-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules