Inspire 1 with modern VR headsets (Rift/Vive) possible?
1705 2 2016-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Does anyone know if it's possible to use an HTC Vive or Oculus Rift without any extra hardware? Not even for headtracking, just as a viewer. I've tried connecting mine to my HTC Vive and I get a black screen but green LED (which says everything is connected correctly) on the headset.
I know it won't be in 3D and may not even display for both eyes but I already have a rechargeable 12V power supply that works with the Vive and was thinking of trying it outside (it wouldn't work with headtracking because the Vive needs the base stations to do positioning and tracking etc.) but can't even get an image. It'd be enough for me to just have the image duplicated on both screens; I managed to fly another drone from another company indoors using only one, "eye" which was sort of interesting.

Has anyone tried it or looked into it? I've seen videos which involved passing the output through a laptop then into the headset but that's far too cumbersome.

2016-6-18
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could you send a picture of what it looks like when  are viewing through the glasses ?Sounds pretty cool I will  graduate to that level  in the future right now it's HOODMAN
Still waiting for delivery
2016-6-18
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Well, what I was saying is I couldn't get it to work with the Inspire. I could show a photo of what it looks like with the, "other drone" but only the right eye works (left eye is a black screen). I'm hoping it's just a software update to make it work with other headsets, though.
2016-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules