NEW FIRMWARE v1.9.1.10 ISSUES warning!!!
123456789Next >
27883 330 2016-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kuminatano
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154249 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Hi everybody!!

A few day ago I'd noticed about the new firmware for Inspire 1 and anothers...
Well I have 3 Inspire 1 all upgraded with Firmware v1.8.1.00 aircraft and 1.6.0 on RC.

All my Inspire's were working & flying perfectly....but since I'd upgrade to this new firmware v1.9.1.10 I'd a lot of Dangerous issues!!

First, randomly  2 of my inspire 1 take off without any rc order (VERY DANGEROUS)

Then, randomly in the air, flying, the aircaft suddenly gain maximaum vertical speed (go up) and when I try to get it down the aircraft go down toooo  slowly.... This happens for about 6 seconds.... then I continued flying right.... tilll another randomly issue....

Anyone had these issues????

regards...

2016-6-18
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have about the same issue.

My Inspire Pro has around 800 flights - I have had no issues with it and have done all FW updates without problems.

The day 1.9.1.10 came out I updated and did a Imu Calibration. The .txt file told sucsess.
Next day out flying the Inspire would not lift its landing ear by itself and started to go without commands vertically up. I managed to land it. Did a compass calibration - and after that flied one flight without problems.

Next day the same happened - and I again did a compass cal and fly a couple of flights ok.

Today - exactly the same - The Inspire was not lifting its landing gear and fly in evry directions without command inputs - again managed to land it.The landing gear sometimes lifted on command sometimes not. This is a bit scary

Noe I have downgraded to previous FW and have done one test without issues - will test more tomorrow.
2016-6-18
Use props
SkyHigh UAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2838921 ft
Australia

Same thing with the landing gear happened to me on the first flight after FW update. Didn't see the issue again while flying 3 battery's.
2016-6-18
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

After reading this post as well as several others, I have decided NOT to update FW on my bird.
The last update I did practically ruined the camera. (X5) And after several weeks of disappointment I downgraded.
I have had many weeks with over 100 flights with not a single issue and even survived 45mph sustained winds in a freak storm that came outta nowhere.
So, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind.
Gee, spontaneous take off, uncontrollability, dead batteries...... SCARY STUFF!!!

Best wishes to all of you that are having problems.
I hope your gear gets straightened out.
SOON!
2016-6-18
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

[It might have been too scary at that moment. I found out from the DJI GO App records that the statements firstly posted in this post 6# from my memories were not 100% correct. I edited this post to record the most accurate observations.]
I have updated my Inspire 1 Pro to firmware v1.09.01.10 2 days ago. The firmwares of the Inspire 1 Pro with both X5 and X3 were verified to be up to date.

This morning after firing up the Inspire 1 Pro mounted with the X3 with a 100% batteries, doing all the preflight checks confirming normal sensors MOD values, I took off the bird. When i raised the bird to about 3m above ground, I released throttle stick intending to check batteres voltages & temperature BUT THE INSPIRE 1 PRO CONTINUE TO GAIN ALTITUDE ALL BY ITSELF WITHOUT AUTO RAISING ITS LANDING GEAR! I immediately pull down the throttle stick but it had already reached 6m above ground. I gently pull down the throttle stick to stop the bird raising and lowered it then released the throttle stick intending to let it hover BUT THE INSPIRE 1 CONTINUE TO LOWER ALL BY ITSELF! I had to push the throttle stick up to stop it lost altitude at 1m above ground and had to do a lot of stick movement compensations to maintain its altitude. It settled afterward in the air and I tested manually the landing gear and found it functional. I landed the bird manually. After switching it off and switching it back on again, the Inspire 1 Pro flied normally.

After replacing another 100% charged batteries, my second flight with X5 was more scary. I fired up the bird, gently lifted it off the ground, observing the same gaining of altitude by itself without auto raising its landing gear. I made a wrong test - I manually raised the landing gear to see if it was working while the bird was gaining altitude. The landing gear raised. I briefly pulled my throttle stick intending to stop it raising at about 4m but it lowered all by itself WITH THE LANDING GEAR RAISED! Fearing it would land on the X5 camera and gimbal, I manually lowered the landing gear and it was just in time for it to lower its landing gear before it land! I switched it off and back on and it took off normally afterward.

I am not going to fly it until DJI confirm what went wrong and release remedy firmware update.

Henry

2016-6-18
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-6-19 13:06
I have updated my Inspire 1 Pro to firmware v1.09.01.10 2 days ago. The firmwares of the Inspire 1 P ...

I was going to update both my birds today.
I guess not.
2016-6-18
Use props
jorgenlindskog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1167513 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Any respond from DJI?
2016-6-18
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The flight record from DJI Go App of the formerly referred flight (Inspire 1 Pro firmware v1.09.01.10 with X3) recorded 0.0M even though it recorded throttle stick movements or during the issues happened.
With regarding to the same flight, my recorded video and HealthyDrones flight record indicated the Inspire 1 Pro climbed by itself from the 9.0 second to the 13.3 second and lowered by itself from 18.5 second to 19.4 second while throttle stick at neutral position.

Video of the said flight is linked below.

Video of the said flight overlaid with DJI GO App showing sticks movements.

HealthyDrones flight record of the flight at 08:55 am on 19 Jun 2016 are attached herewith.

Grateful if Fellow Forum Members or DJI would assist to investigate whether the issues were related to the latest firmware v1.09.01.10 or related to hardware problem.

Thanks in advance.

Henry

X5 Camera version 1.9.1.10
X3 Camera version 1.8.1.00
Inspire 1 Pro Aircraft version 1.9.1.10
Remote Controller version 1.6.0
DJI GO iOS version 2.8.3

2016-06-19_8-55-20_Standard.csv.zip

15.1 KB, Down times: 14

2016-6-19
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-19 06:53

My Inspire Pro has around 800 flights - I have had no issues with it a ...

UPDATE

I did a test flight ( tree batteries ) this morning.
This was after downgrading from FW 1.9.1.10 to FW 1.8.1.00 - and my Inspire Pro works like a charm again - no issues.

My plan now was to upgrade again to 1.9.1.10 to see if the issue is still there and that maybe my FW file was accidentally corrupted. No as I se a lot of others have the same issue I will stay on 1.8.1.10 for a few days.

I would like to repeat that this is my first real issue with a Inspire update - and I understand that this things can happen - DJI is warned about this. There is no official response - I hope everyone takes it easy for some days to se what happen.
2016-6-19
Use props
GuyNamedLindsey
lvl.2

United States

I updated once and it bricked my camera. Never again.
2016-6-19
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

I upgraded the firmware last night but haven't flown yet.  I was just wondering, has anyone having these issues tried calibrating the RC?
2016-6-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-6-19 00:06
I have updated my Inspire 1 Pro to firmware v1.09.01.10 2 days ago. The firmwares of the Inspire 1  ...

Henry , did you do an IMU calibration  and Gimbal /calibration after the Update ?  I think you should do a RC sticks calibration as well.  

Was the VPS sensor enabled also ?  

donnie
2016-6-19
Use props
lb11778
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368842 ft
United States

What was so special about this upgrade?
2016-6-19
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-19 23:13
Henry , did you do an IMU calibration  and Gimbal /calibration after the Update ?  I think you shou ...

Hi Donnie,

I'd checked all sensors' MOD values before flight and all were normal - Gyroscope 0.01; Acceleration 1.00; Compass around 1400. After the first flight with issues, I had checked IMU via DJI GO App which advised no need to calibrate IMU. I had also done the RC sticks calibration. The 4 columns of RC sticks values as shown on the csv file downloaded from HealthyDrones of the concerned flight (as attached in post #8) were all normal, with neutral at 1024.

The VPS sensors were enabled.

Thanks for the assistance on diagnosing the issues. Hope we can sort them out.

Henry

2016-6-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-6-19 10:58
Hi Donnie,

I'd checked all sensors' MOD values before flight and all were normal - Gyroscope 0.0 ...

Henry I know that you are a very thorough pilot , that is why this concerns me  as you are not one to make simple errors.  If you did just update then regardless you should calibrate the IMU and Camera Gimbal.  (Even though the self check said ok )

I dont know what could have caused you  situation, I would just monitor it closely and keep your flight close and see if it repeats.  It could be just a strange anomaly that happens with electronics sometimes, I know that is not the answer we want to these type of situations but that is sometimes the answer.

Keep me posted , I am interested

donnie
2016-6-19
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am so happy to see that I am not alone with update issues.

After updating yesterday morning, I went out to fly my Inspire. I did my usual compass calibration... and as soon as I took off, I was maybe about 6-7 feet up in the air, when it started to 'drift' higher and higher.

I looked at my Altitude within the DJIGO app and it was wayyyy offf. It was showing 2ft off the ground when it was more like 12 feet off the ground.

So I landed it, turned everything off from the iPad to the Controller. Turned everything back on, re calibrated the compass and flew without any issues. I flew several more flights afterwards- including some using the Autoflight App.

When I went out this morning, I had the drift errors again (I was using DJIGo). But this time I got a big warning issue about "Ultrasound" or "Ultrasonar" errors and to land immediately.

I did not do an IMU calibration during any of this, but I will when I get back home later this evening.

Scary Stuff.
2016-6-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

lb11778 Posted at 2016-6-19 10:36

Not much really , but you should always calibrate the IMU and Camera Gimble after updates.

donnie
2016-6-19
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

lb11778 Posted at 2016-6-19 23:36

From DJI, the Inspire 1 Pro Release Notes dated 13 Jun 2016:-

1. Updated the Flight Restriction Zone database.
2. Fixed the red tone issue in high ISO settings.
3. Fixed the focus breathing issue when shooting 4K video in M exposure mode and the D-log color space.
4. Improved camera stability.

Henry
2016-6-19
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-20 00:09
Henry I know that you are a very thorough pilot , that is why this concerns me  as you are not one  ...

Hi Donnie,

It is late now in HK. I will find some time to calibrate the IMU and find a good place to do the compass dance in the forthcoming weekend.

Henry
2016-6-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-6-19 11:39
Hi Donnie,

It is late now in HK. I will find some time to calibrate the IMU and find a good place ...

Cool , let me know -

donnie
2016-6-19
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-20 00:47
Fair enough , thank you .

I will edit mine as well.

There should not be - we will all try to solve this ( I am a bit fustratet maybe).

Just now I am reinstalling the FW 1.9.1.10 - to see if the issue still exist as I have flown some flights downgraded without issues.

Post the results later tonight after test ifying
2016-6-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-19 11:52
There should not be - we will all try to solve this ( I am a bit fustratet maybe).

Just now I am r ...

The part that is strange is this update should not effect those flight  systems .  It was not like a complete system update.

Keep me posted after the test flight  , I am interested

donnie
2016-6-19
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-20 00:58
The part that is strange is this update should not effect those flight  systems .  It was not like  ...

It seems to affect IMU - Compass - VPS - and it is very strange. My initial thought is that something in the upgradeprosess has got wrong for some of us. But we got success on the .txt file

It is strange - I will keep you updated
2016-6-19
Use props
Seestreicher
New

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-19 19:01
It seems to affect IMU - Compass - VPS - and it is very strange. My initial thought is that someth ...

[img]file:///Users/bernhardpelzer/Desktop/IMG_0320.PNG
after updating to FIRMWARE v1.9.1.10
anny ideas or help?
Thanks in advance
Bernhard
2016-6-19
Use props
Seestreicher
New

Main Controller Connection to Center Board Failed
Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller date

after upgrading to NEW FIRMWARE v1.9.1.10

Anny Ideas to solve the problem?

Bernhard
2016-6-19
Use props
Seestreicher
New

Main Controller Connection to Center Board Failed
Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller date

after upgrading to NEW FIRMWARE v1.9.1.10

Anny Ideas to solve the problem?

Bernhard

2016-6-19
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

UPDATE

I have now done tree test flights with the reinstalled FW 1.9.1.10 - all flights with no issues.

First to downgrade to FW 1.8.1.0 - then reinstall FW 1.9.1.10 - This seems to have solved my issues

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.09.01.10.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2016.06.18 13:41:17 =====================
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:06 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.09.01.10.bin
Upgrading ...
2016-6-19
Use props
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

Hi everybody,
I would suggest downgrading your software until DJI has solved the problem.
2016-6-19
Use props
Kuminatano
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154249 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

By the way, I'd downgraded to the previous version 1.8.1 and all my Inspire's qorks perfectly again..... Please DJI Check your firmwares before you upload/release them on the web! Don´t test with us!!

I think this is the best solution by now, till DJI certified a new perfect tested firmware.

Thanks everyone.

Alex
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Alex, could you download the flight data (.DAT file) from the drone and post a dropbox public link here? We'll look into your case when you provide me with the data files of that accident date? What's more, the last data file before accident date is also necessary.Thank you.
2016-6-19
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've downgraded to the last update as well.
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

SkyHigh UAV Posted at 2016-6-19 08:45
Same thing with the landing gear happened to me on the first flight after FW update. Didn't see the  ...

Hello SkyHigh UAV, could you please upload the flight data (.DAT files) of the accident date to dropbox and then post the public link here? The last DAT file before the accident date is also necessary.
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-19 06:53

My Inspire Pro has around 800 flights - I have had no issues with it a ...

Hello nilsblix, could you upload the flight data flies of the accident date and the recent files to dropbox and post the public link here?
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Here is the method of downloading the DAT files:
1.Connect your drone to your PC with the USB cable through the Micro USB Port under the Phantom Label in the front.
2.Turn on both your drone and controller, connect your phone to your controller and open DJI pilot
3.This option is under MODE_MC Settings_Advanced Settings_Enter flight data mode.
4.Select that DAT files with the correct date on your PC and send them to us

2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-6-19 16:13
The flight record from DJI Go App of the formerly referred flight (Inspire 1 Pro firmware v1.09.01.1 ...

Feel free to use the method in 337 to get the DAT files.Then upload it to the dropbox and post the link here. Thank you.
2016-6-19
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-20 11:32
Hello nilsblix, could you upload the flight data flies of the accident date and the recent files t ...

Hello - I would love to upload the files

Can you tell how to do it on a Mac
Do you mean the usb port in the tail of the Inspire ? ( do not have Phantom )
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-20 15:08
Hello - I would love to upload the files

Can you tell how to do it on a Mac

This method will be more clear and detailed. But it is much more convenient to use Windows:
Here are the steps to access the .DAT files stored on the hidden SD card permanently mounted inside the Inspire 1.

1. Power up everything with the Inspire 1 as if you were going to fly (except the props), and launch the DJI GO App.
Enter the camera view.

2. In the MC Settings menu, choose Advanced Settings. You can find the MC Settings on the top left corner of the screen,
directly to the right of the Home icon.

3. Scroll down, and select Enter flight data mode.

4. The DJI GO app will prompt you to connect the drone to a PC or Mac via the USB to mini-USB cable included with your drone package.
Plug the regular USB plug directly into your Mac (not a USB extension port box).
Note: This was done using a 2013 iMac running OSX 10.8.5, there may be some differences with different models and OSX versions.

5. Once you connect the drone to your computer wait to see if by chance it does mount to your desktop.
When it doesn't, open the application Disk Utility.

6. Select the disk DJI DATA LOG. It will show listed in the left column of disks in Disk Utility.
You can select it even though it is not mounted to the desktop.
(Be sure to choose the root disk DJI DATA LOG file and not the DJI FLY LOG file).

7. When the disk DJI DATA LOG is highlighted, select the New Image icon in the top row.
This will present the dialog box shown, asking what to name it, where to save it and what format.
(I've chosen compressed with no encryption).

8. Be prepared to wait a long time. The amount of time depends on how many .DAT files there are.
The entire SD card could be full. The Inspire 1 records a .DAT file every time it is powered on,
regardless of flight or not. It only erases them when space is needed for newer files.
(I wouldn't start with the Inspire 1 battery less than 50% charged).

9. Once the Disk Image is created on your Mac, double-click it, it will un-compress to a new window
(in temporary RAM memory only). Drag the files you want from there to a newly created folder on your computer.
2016-6-19
Use props
SkyHigh UAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2838921 ft
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-20 11:30
Hello SkyHigh UAV, could you please upload the flight data (.DAT files) of the accident date to dr ...

This is the first flight with the new FW https://www.dropbox.com/s/30di0bd093cfj86/DJIFlightRecord_2016-06-15_%5B13-38-00%5D.txt?dl=0
Previous flight prior to FW update   https://www.dropbox.com/s/3owv7g ... 8-05-06%5D.txt?dl=0
Healthydrones version http://healthydrones.com/main?share=iDtlnf

2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Thank you for your response and according to your record, this issue is related to FLY605.DAT. The link only contains the flight record txt files so if it is convenient, please upload FLY605.DAT which could be downloaded from the drone.
2016-6-19
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-20 15:37
This method will be more clear and detailed. But it is much more convenient to use Windows:
Here a ...

I have not access to a Pc - but will try to do it as you describe. Starting now
2016-6-19
Use props
123456789Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules