NEW FIRMWARE v1.9.1.10 ISSUES warning!!!
28554 330 2016-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Terry G Posted at 2016-6-23 13:27
Where can I get v1.8.1 to go beck too. No longer dare to fly with v1.9?

At the usual place, www.dji.com.
2016-6-23
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-22 09:55
Thank you for your support. I'll try to pass this to them.

Dear Paladin,

It appears to me that DJI R&D Dept had obtained quite a few aircraft flight record DAT files from us for analysing / diagnosing the issues. Is there any finding about what went wrong? Is there any recommendation / action for us to take in order for us to eliminate the risk of uncontrolled rising and lowering of Inspire 1 by itself?

After the incident, I have conducted an IMU calibration as Donnie recommended. However, I still hesitate over setting off my Inspire 1 Pro, fearing the risk of uncontrolled landing all by itself with landing gear up, causing damage to the vulnerable X5. Should I roll back to FW v1.08.01.00?

Please shed some light on us.

Thanks.

Henry
2016-6-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

chris@loughlin. Posted at 2016-6-23 05:39
It's starting to look as though DJI doesn't want to be in the Professional UAV market - not only wit ...

Chris, this is not the Pro end Market, there are machines out there costing 10X more easy.(This is just a FYI, Maybe you are aware of this , not sure )   This is the Entry level of the Pro Market .
If you do have any concerns be sure to just do a aircraft rollback and the system should go back to Normal for you.   

donnie
2016-6-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Terry G Posted at 2016-6-23 06:27
Where can I get v1.8.1 to go beck too. No longer dare to fly with v1.9?

Terry 1.8 is still there on the DJI website, just go to the bottom of this page and go to DJI.com and then be sure to load for the Proper aircraft , this is crucial , If you have the Inspire 1 make sure that you are on that page, same with the Pro.

Make sure you have a formatted SD card and do it just like before , check for  the rollback on the About Page of the go app as well, after completing the Rollback.

Also there is no rollback on the RC  for 1.9 so dont touch that .

donnie Below is a screen shot of the current DJI Inspire 1 downloads page, this is just a screen shot and not a shortcut menu.
1.8 download.PNG
2016-6-23
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139731 ft
  • >>>
United States

chris@loughlin. Posted at 2016-6-23 06:39
It's starting to look as though DJI doesn't want to be in the Professional UAV market - not only wit ...

I downgraded to 1.8 yesterday and flew both the DJIGo app and Autoflight with pre-saved Flight Patterns and all went well. I have a flight today and Sunday it was imperative that everything was running smoothly. Make sure you downgrade. Whether DJI wants to admit failure on this update or not is irrelevant right now to your (and mine) business if you have flights to make. Downgrade and go make that money.
2016-6-23
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-6-23 21:35
Dear Paladin,

It appears to me that DJI R&D Dept had obtained quite a few aircraft flight record D ...

Hello Henry

I guess we are all waiting for DJJ to come up with a solution for us with problems. For me it is a weird situation - being upgrading every singel FW upgrade on my Inspire - have had no problems until now. As you know I have been back and forth between 1.9 and 1.8 testing. I am now of course on 1.8 and I am flying just nice. It is not a very important Fw upgrade ( I belive) so I am living fine on 1.8 for the moment.
2016-6-23
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-23 23:50
Hello Henry

I guess we are all waiting for DJJ to come up with a solution for us with problems. Fo ...

Me too. Had not had any issue in every single FW upgrade since obtained Inspire 1 Pro in October last year, except since FW v1.08.01.00 it did not hold certain camera settings after powering off. Actually I was hoping to have this bug fixed when upgrading to FW v1.09.01.10, but found it not fixed.

I will fly one more time carefully in this weekend with FW v1.09.01.10 after calibrated IMU and compass dance. I may follow your route if the issue persists.

Henry
2016-6-23
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-6-24 00:25
Me too. Had not had any issue in every single FW upgrade since obtained Inspire 1 Pro in October la ...

Please be careful.

I found that it sometimes fly normal also on 1.9 - but all of a sudden the next flight would be weird. I saw one in this thread found a pattern in this , but I am not able to find that post now.
2016-6-23
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-6-23 13:25
Me too. Had not had any issue in every single FW upgrade since obtained Inspire 1 Pro in October la ...

Please remember to do the RC (stick's) calibration as well
2016-6-23
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-6-24 01:36
Please remember to do the RC (stick's) calibration as well

To do a RC stick calibration did not change anything in my case - but suppose it can not harm. You could also reset Gains, but in the end I suppose it is DJI that have to solve this one.
2016-6-23
Use props
Terry G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1773327 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-23 10:28
Terry 1.8 is still there on the DJI website, just go to the bottom of this page and go to DJI.com a ...

THANKS!!!!!!!!!
2016-6-23
Use props
tdhines81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 988406 ft
United States

How many people have updated to 1.9 and had no problems?  Just curious ...........
2016-6-23
Use props
Terry G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1773327 ft
  • >>>
United States

jonraysmusic Posted at 2016-6-22 20:40
I went back to the previous firmware 1.08 and have been flying all day with no issues. I wont upgr ...

Thanks to all! I reinstalled the previous version and life is GOOD again. Launches to 4-5 and hovers like its supposed to again.
2016-6-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-6-23 09:25

Henry
looks like everyone is still waiting. Did you downgrade? or are you waiting for DJI to provide the answer first?

The 1.9.01.1 FW had some SDK fixes for the RTH which makes me think they had some other fixes that might not have been listed.  Hope this gets sorted out soon... before the Inspire 2 is released

PS, Coach mode has no further comments from HQ (per Ken).... So it is pretty much simple trainer mode using the slave remote.
Rich

2016-6-23
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-24 11:57
Henry
looks like everyone is still waiting. Did you downgrade? or are you waiting for DJI to provi ...

Hi Rich,

I haven't downgraded, but intend to test flight my I1Pro with X3 instead in this weekend. I believe I'd done a cold IMU calibration, an RC sticks calibration, and will find a good place to do the compass dance before carefully raising the bird. Let's see if it will all be good and reliable.

I didn't notice the SDK fixes for RTH on FW v1.09.01.10 you mentioned. Where did you spot this?

And you're right - there was no official comment / info from DJI thus far regarding the Coach mode which you spotted. The last one of the chain of posts was yours and was already 6 days ago.

Henry
2016-6-24
Use props
japoyiii
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1107776 ft

tdhines81 Posted at 2016-6-23 14:12
How many people have updated to 1.9 and had no problems?  Just curious ...........

Still on 1.8 AC
          1.6 RC
          1.8 Camera
          2.8.3 Go app without any issues yet.
But the Go app show need AC update so i just ignore it.
2016-6-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-23 20:57
Henry
looks like everyone is still waiting. Did you downgrade? or are you waiting for DJI to provi ...

Henry
The RTH change was announced by AutoFlight Logic (see thread below)
http://forum.dji.com/thread-55503-1-1.html
Coach mode thread did not get updated and I will do that today. Ken relayed the information to me within another thread conversation.

Sounds like you are all set to check out the Inspire this weekend and I hope everything goes well. FYI I have the latest FW on my Inspire 1 V2 X3 did the cold IMU / RC Cal ? compass Cal. So far it seems to be acting normally. I have not been flying much this past week though. After reading all of these reports, I am wondering if I should downgrade to be safe. DJI (R&D) has not commented about these latest issues. I would hope they say something soon to ease everyone's fears.

Rich
2016-6-24
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-24 18:52
Henry
http://forum.dji.com/thr ...

Remember most people have upgraded without any issues - it seems to affect only a few of us.
2016-6-24
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-25 00:52
Henry
http://forum.dji.com/thr ...

Thank you, Rich.

Henry

2016-6-24
Use props
vincentlublink
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-20 21:27
Calibrate the IMU and the Camera Gimbal, also do a compass calibration.

This has solved it for ot ...

come one stop saying to calibrate, we are pro flyers!, yes we all do that!!
You talk like DJI, always the same answers and questions, STOP it!!!
2016-6-24
Use props
vincentlublink
Second Officer
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-23 16:23
Chris, this is not the Pro end Market, there are machines out there costing 10X more easy.  This i ...

A good old Donnie again, what is pro???, i make a lot of money with the Inspire pro, so what is pro in you're eyes?, when a machine costs more? come on my man,
after 600 plus flights whit the inspire proX5 and flying for money, that's what i call pro, not because a machine is more expensive!, or have a RED under it.
Take  people serious over here, the Inspire pro X5 is a great machine for a lot of work we get for it, a bigger more expensive machine is not usable for 80% of the people that flying for money!

99% of the people that fly do not need a RED under the drone, so take us serious and stop talking nonsens!

These people that fly a dji inspire x5 have to be taking serious when they fly a lot whit good firmware, and when new firmware comes out and it's not ok, do not talk about bigger or more expensive machine.
I did fly these "Expensive machines ", and these machines have even more issues than we have now with the inspire!
Sorry for my english

Vincent
2016-6-24
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-25 03:26
Remember most people have upgraded without any issues - it seems to affect only a few of us.

Hi nilsblix,

This morning I set off my I1P of FW v1.09.01.10 mounted with x3 of FW v1.08.01.00 carefully after having done the IMU calibration, RC sticks calibration and compass dance. I did not encounter the uncontrolled gaining & losing of altitude I encountered last weekend. After flying with 2 pack of batteries, all seems good and reliable - landing gear raised and lowered at perfect altitudes and the bird holds its altitude absolutely. The bird reliably transmited HD video back from the other end across the East Lama Channel more than 4.6km away.  

After replacing with the 3rd batteries, I swapped the X3 with the X5 of FW v1.09.01.10 and set it off again carefully. It flew without any issue.

I still wonder why the issues happened last weekend - bird shot up without stick command without auto raising its landing gear, and bird lowering without stick command; then became normal after switched off and on.

Let's see if DJI R&D will share with us any of their finding from our flight records.

I hope you retry loading the FW v1.09.01.10 the 3 rd time to see if the issues will be gone.

Happy flying.

Henry
2016-6-24
Use props
scottschowiak
lvl.2
United States

I also have had a couple issues with the 1.9 fw
I took off and my landing gear would not raise so I landed it and calibrated everything then took off again and I got the ultrasonic system error
I brought my bird down then I downgraded the fw to 1.8
I filmed the fireworks in my city with not one glitch, it was a perfect flight, three tb48 batterys, not one glitch
I'm staying with 1.8 until 1.9 gets fixed, there is a problem with it
2016-6-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-24 12:26

Yes, I understand that a few have had issues and makes you wonder why. Is it something in the FW code that causes a freak mishap? Or did one of the modules break during the update. I would think that the FW code is pretty solid and we should not see these types of major affects on the aircraft.

All I was saying is it really makes you think about the FW updates and whether it is worth the risk when the aircraft is flying perfectly.

Rich
2016-6-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

vincentlublink@ Posted at 2016-6-24 17:10
A good old Donnie again, what is pro???, i make a lot of money with the Inspire pro, so what is pro ...

Great news Henry lets see what DJI comes up with and hope your aircraft continues the normal flying. 4.6km wow that's pushing it out there

Rich
2016-6-24
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-6-25 05:02
Hi nilsblix,

This morning I set off my I1P of FW v1.09.01.10 mounted with x3 of FW v1.08.01.00 car ...

Yes I could try your route, but I am on my way to Norway for 4 weeks in my auto caravan and I would hate to brick anything now. So I will stay on 1.8 until we have a confirmed solution. ( Besides my wife says I am starting to get crazy with this hobby - she also wants some attention I belive ha ha )
Glad you are flying well now
2016-6-24
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-25 15:01
Yes I could try your route, but I am on my way to Norway for 4 weeks in my auto caravan and I woul ...

Hi nilsblix,

Rich spotted Coach Mode, right? Please share the 2nd RC remote with her. This will be the best solution

Henry
2016-6-25
Use props
carloscampos775
lvl.1

United States

I have successfully updated to firmware v1.9.1.10. After firmware update performed all calibration IMU, Gimbal, RC Controller "aircraft off", & compass in that order. Successfully completed a 10 minute test flight without issue. Will test again later this afternoon in a large field.
2016-6-25
Use props
vincentlublink
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-25 12:49
Hey Vince , I dont give a shit if you like my answers or not .

But ..... in light  of  your limit ...

sure you old man...
2016-6-25
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

I just updated and had the camera pointed at an upward angle with no control. It lifted off with auto take off but just kept going vertical with no stick movement. I regained control and brought it down but then it said that the ultrasonic system wasn't functioning and the landing gear didn't come down. It finally came down. I shut it down completely restarted and everything is fine.
2016-6-25
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have updated my inspire 1 to the latest firmware 1.9.1.10, flew well without problem for few days. This morning I when I took off, the gears did not rise and the inspire 1 went up by itself without rc input, I saw the error message about ultrasonic sensors problem. I landed, turn off everything then turn on again. The problem has happened 3 times in the roll. I cleaned the sensors then took off again, the inspire 1 behave normal. So try to clean the sensors and try again to see does it help you if you have same problem with my inspire 1. Good luck
2016-6-25
Use props
Rob2160
lvl.1

Australia

My Inspire (V2.0) has several hundred flights on previous firmware with no issues - horizon level was basically perfect and I never had any of the tilt issues others have reported.

After updating to 1.9.1.10 my horizon was way off - it would not hold level at all.  (I had done fresh IMU, Gimbal, RC calibrations after the update)

I spent several days carefully calibrating again with the craft tilted very slightly and now have a nice level horizon again.  

Otherwise the craft flies perfectly - about 30 flights on this firmware and not seeing any of the uncommanded climb or descent others have reported.
2016-6-25
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

I've been flying mine on 1.9.1.10 pretty consistently.  I haven't had any issues with landing gear, random elevation, or random descend.  There has to be something very coincidental with all the units affected.  Is he BIN file left on the SD card after updating? Is there more than one BIN file on the SD card?  Was he update even successfull per the log?  Is this happening with both TB47 and TB48 batteries?  Are the ultrasonic sensors just dirty?  Are they not staying in accetable compass calibration?  Is the RC somehow out of calibration?  Is this related to App version or phone? Is it related to x5?

I bet DJI will find something.
2016-6-25
Use props
Rob2160
lvl.1

Australia

Murphy's law eh...

Two days without issue and first flight after reading about this I experience it.   Aircraft climbed uncommanded to 5 meters - no height indicating in Go app - I got the ultrasonic failed warning - landed, recycled power and all was well in the next flight.

Downgraded to previous FW until this is resolved.
Log attached:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y60hfdudwr0tpo4/FLY312.DAT?dl=0

IMG_0010.jpg
2016-6-25
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-6-25 04:48
Hi nilsblix,

Rich spotted Coach Mode, right? Please share the 2nd RC remote with her. This will b ...

Henry, that's funny... coach mode will definitely give some attention to his wife  

Rich
2016-6-25
Use props
Rob2160
lvl.1

Australia

vincentlublink@ Posted at 2016-6-25 08:10
A good old Donnie again, what is pro???, i make a lot of money with the Inspire pro, so what is pro ...

+1 Vincent.
From the DJI site.

The DJI Inspire 1 Pro and Inspire 1 RAW are the smallest, easiest professional aerial filmmaking platforms in the world.
2016-6-26
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-19 06:53
I have about the same issue.

My Inspire Pro has around 800 flights - I have had no issues with it a ...

Here we go.....
I decided to upgrade and disaster strikes.
I had small problems in the past, but nothing that qwould make me lose faith.
Now....I'm almost there.

Same issues as above.
First take off, the i1P started to go off vertically on itself.
After reading so much about it here, i brought it down immediately. Response was slow.
Reset everything and tried again.
This time no problems - yet.

Flying is troublesome.
The controls are extremely sensitive and it basically ruined my shot when I realized the gimbal wasn't performing as well.
As I gave up on the shot, trying to understand what the heck was going on, I flew the bird back.
On landing, the landing gear didn't work.
Enter travel mode command was telling me "remove the gimbal or do it manually" .... WHAT???

Hand catch an Inspire, flying by myself wasn't fun at all.

Can someone shed some light on this?
This is extremely frustrating.

i1Pro X5 Olympus Zuiko 45mm

Video straight out of the card below. Clearly the gimball wasn't working properly.

2016-6-26
Use props
stormtrooper101
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Linolens Posted at 2016-6-26 07:55
Here we go.....
I decided to upgrade and disaster strikes.
I had small problems in the past, but n ...

Wow... That footage was awful.... Like a bad handheld camera... I'm still on 1.8, and will ignore the update until 1.9 is debugged...
2016-6-26
Use props
Rob2160
lvl.1

Australia

Let me know when you are finished editing donnie and I will reply.

I have seen 5 versions of your post so far.

Edit - and now you deleted it completely...

2016-6-26
Use props
Rob2160
lvl.1

Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-26 22:21
Rob, Your first postings as a Newbie and you are trying to stir the Pot ,  My suggestion is if you ...

Not trying to stir any pot here donnie.

Sorry if my post offended you or hurt your feelings but you have taken it personally when it was a simple +1 for Vincent's comment about people using the Inspire professionally.   

It was not directed at you at all and you are over thinking it way too much.

I didn't come here to ask questions - I came to post my own experience with this issue as it was linked to on another site.

Its really not wise to judge somebody's experience level by the number of posts they have in one particular thread.  

Anyway sorry again if you were offended by my post - I see you try to help people a lot - as I do on many other sites so keep up the good work.
2016-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules