NEW FIRMWARE v1.9.1.10 ISSUES warning!!!
28555 330 2016-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

If DJI were at least honest in their firmware notes then people could make an educated desicion on whether they consider it viable for them to upgrade or not.

The problem is DJI are not forthcoming with documenting all the changes they make from one version of FW to the next.
It seems the itemise some things in their release notes but have a dabble around and tweak a few things behind the scenes but do not actually tell anybody.

The latest incarnation of code in v1.9 is a case in point. Are users really expected to believe that simply updating a NFZ database (which is the only thing mentioned in the release notes) makes the aircraft change altitude like a yo-yo with no stick input from the user? Something else has been altered in there linked to barometer function else this wouldn't be happening.

Come on DJI, don't treat your user base and customers like idiots...........start being honest!!
2016-6-28
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-28 11:57
Rich, we don't know that is why we are trying to gather as much information that we can.  Differen ...

Thank you, Tahoe and Paladin.

I was amongst the first few I1 flyers who experienced the issues after upgraded to FW v1.09.01.10. The issues were intermittent - issues appeared when setting off the aircraft after it was switched on, landed it with lots of throttle compensations, and then it behaved normal again after reboot the aircraft.

A week after experienced the issues, I re-calibrated the IMU, did the compass dance, and it flew consistently normal again for several flights in 2 days, so far so good. I had not downgraded the FW.

It appears to me that with the FW v1.09.01.10, somewhere in time the Flight Controller was busy in doing something (as if the recurring of a subroutine loop in a programme that ate up all CPU resources) that rendered it not being able to either collect the barometer or VPS readings. Rebooting of the aircraft killed the loop, I think.

Whilst I trust DJI R&D might have collected sufficient flight records of us and are proactively diagnosing the issues, I hope you or Paladin can relay my 2 cents to your R&D colleagues. Every piece of clue, no matter how small it seems, might help figuring out the issues earlier. And I do wish DJI success in tackling the problem in the near future - we all are looking forward to it.

Henry
2016-6-28
Use props
grahamdegg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi.  I'm a brand new owner - Inspire 1 V2 X3 so be gentle with me.

As advised by DJI I ensured I updated the FW before using the aircraft and have only had a couple of opportunities to fly.  On my first outing after 2 or three TOs and landings I got the ultrasonic warning and failure to lower the legs.  I landed and returned home assuming it was perhaps a glitch down to local conditions or lack of experience on my part. I had calibrated the compass but no the IMU so thought this may have had something to do with it.

I next did a full IMU and compass calibration and had a couple of flights in the garden - no problems.

Then yesterday I had an experienced flying friend around and put the Inspire through its paces for him to see.  The first couple of TOs and landings were fine.  I then recoded some waypoints and got the machine to re-fly these - all impressive stuff.

Then it all went wrong.  I put the Inspire back into P mode and took off using auto take-off.  It launched itself high into the air - no landing gear raised - and continued up.  I got some control of it at about 30-40 ft but it took some effort with the stick to bring it down safely.

Am taking DJI's advice and reverting to 01.08.01 and hope this will resolve all issues.

One question though.  Once updated do I remove the BIN file from the SD card?  Also, how do I go about downgrading the controller?  IT doesn't seem to want to fall back to a lower release.

Grateful for any guidance from more experienced users and not too happy with DJI for such a slow response on this forum.  Looking forward to a thoroughly de-bugged upgrade from them soon!
2016-6-28
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

grahamdegg Posted at 2016-6-28 21:13

As advised by DJI I ensured I up ...

Hi Grahamdegg,

Once you completed an upgrade (or a downgrade) of FW and ascertained it from the txt file and the hidden log file (in a hidden folder) in the micro-SD card, you should remove the BIN file from the micro-SD card.

You don't need to downgrade the Remote Controller though - it has to be on FW v1.6.0 for communicating with the aircraft, no matter it is on FW v1.09.01.10 or FW v1.08.01.00.

Hope this help.

Henry
2016-6-28
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

grahamdegg Posted at 2016-6-28 10:13

As advised by DJI I ensured I up ...

You be fine keeping the Bin file on the card, I use 2 cards, the DJI supplied card for Firmware update only and a second card for normal use.

No need to downgrade RC between 1.8 and 1.9.
2016-6-28
Use props
grahamdegg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Henry and Cougar1
2016-6-28
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-6-28 12:35
If DJI were at least honest in their firmware notes then people could make an educated desicion on w ...

Long time ago, I suggested to DJI to make the firmware notes more detailed. Here is my original thread about my suggestion of better firmware release notes: http://forum.dji.com/thread-39400-1-1.html DJI-Tim thought it was a good idea, but so far I haven't seen much of an improvement in the release notes.

Now the release notes are in my humble opinion to generic. Often there are a few fixes, but then there are a lot of stuff that are not written into the release notes that users finds out afterwards (might be known bugs, might be things changed that affects something etc). Perhaps a lot of crashes could have been avoided and a lot of repeated questions here in the forum would not be needed with proper release notes and documentation to the users. Also, when several users report the same repeatable issue, DJI should take a quicker approach to the users.

2016-6-28
Use props
hex01
New

Canada

Rob W Posted at 2016-6-28 07:04
Long time ago, I suggested to DJI to make the firmware notes more detailed. Here is my original thr ...

the firmware upgrade report should also list the components with the release numbers. This will enable us to see exactly what had taken software changes.
e.g.
Component name one: existing release number and new release number
Component name two: existing release number and new release number
etc.
2016-6-28
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

hex01 Posted at 2016-6-28 20:29
the firmware upgrade report should also list the components with the release numbers. This will ena ...

Great idea!
2016-6-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-6-28 08:25
Hi Grahamdegg,

Once you completed an upgrade (or a downgrade) of FW and ascertained it from the t ...

Henry , You do a very good job of providing evidence and giving facts to the problems that you experience.  Also you share what works for you and I learn from that , I just appreciate your methodical approach to handling problems and think DJI should listen to your well documented concerns.

All the best to you Henry

donnie
2016-6-29
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-30 01:19
Henry , You do a very good job of providing evidence and giving facts to the problems that you exp ...

Hi Donnie,

Thank for your appreciation.

I just did what I could, hoping in return that we, as customers of DJI, can eventually enjoy a reliable flying platform for taking aerial photos and footages.

Some could have just ignored any issues they encountered without providing feedbacks to DJI.

Not me.

Keep up your good advices to folks here. A lot of us are benefitted from you Donnie.

Henry
2016-6-30
Use props
db050800
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2204462 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rob2160 Posted at 2016-6-26 06:50
Murphy's law eh...

Two days without issue and first flight after reading about this I experience it ...

Had that as well. I ignored and took her up. Noticed some radom drifting up, and down.
Landed, changed battery, didn't come up again.
Waiting for weather to improve to try again
2016-6-30
Use props
db050800
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Linolens Posted at 2016-6-27 08:40
Paladin,
thank you.
That's all we needed.

Hey, what battery were you using?
2016-6-30
Use props
vincentlublink
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-27 08:33
Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your support and patience. Our developers are doi ...

thake the update of from the website before more people have issues withe the latest update!!!!
2016-6-30
Use props
vincentlublink
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-27 09:45
But not all the drones will meet this issue after upgrade. Our R&D team is focusing and working on  ...

it doesn't matter if it's not effecting everybody!, take it of the website, the update is not good!
2016-6-30
Use props
vincentlublink
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-28 08:35
We are working on it. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

don't you think that you have to put it on the website!!!!, not all people come here at the forum!!!
2016-6-30
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

vincentlublink@ Posted at 2016-7-1 06:39
don't you think that you have to put it on the website!!!!, not all people come here at the forum! ...

Yeah, DJI should come out with new firmware to fix the problem
or take v1.9.1.10 off
or at the least has a warning next to the file
2016-6-30
Use props
jhyslop@dreampo Posted at 2016-6-28 11:13
I'm a computer programmer, and I used to write firmware for video processing hardware.

Software s ...

One possibility is the tolerance of each electronic component in the circuit.  If the firmware is written for a certain tolerance level, and each component is slightly above or below the spec, it will behave differently.

Even in full scale aircraft avionics, consumer grade components are used - however each part is tested and either accepted or rejected for use.  And certainly different then a product like this, an aircraft radio, transponder (or any TSO certified product) is run through a battery of tests upon completion.  My brother is a test engineer for a major avionics mfg, and I've watched him run units from 125 degrees F to negative 100 degrees F in less then 2 minutes, while on a vibration table for 10 hrs prior to shipment to a client.  You would be amazed how the tolerance spec can swing on a component, and of course this is the major reason why equipment in a passenger aircraft costs so much.
2016-6-30
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

db050800 Posted at 2016-7-1 04:29
Hey, what battery were you using?

TB48
Do you think there's a connection there?
2016-6-30
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Linolens Posted at 2016-7-1 15:09
Tahoe,

I'm trying to post an email I received from DJI to verify it's authenticity.

Hi Linolens
Did you contact DJI support about this problem? if you did not then it might be a scam.
if you did then when support send you an email, they will mention your name in the email, not customers.
I think you should use online chat and talk to Hong (ask for Hong) to confirm the email and link.
2016-6-30
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

hungdang Posted at 2016-7-1 13:21
Hi Linolens
Did you contact DJI support about this problem? if you did not then it might be a scam ...

I did not contact DJI about this problem.
That's a good suggestion.
thanks
2016-6-30
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

Guys,
DJI is working on this and a fix will come soon to everyone.
Probably related to different regions and batches of i1 involved , but that's me talking out of my back end.
2016-6-30
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I also got a email with attached Fw file for my Inspire. I am on travel and it will be some days until I will be able to check this out. I hope some of the Dji folks on this forum can check it out for us.
2016-6-30
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, Linolens,

I confirm I also received the same email which appeared to me from DJI. I have sent an email to DJI Support requesting for DJI's confirmation on the authenticity of the email and hence the two "internal firmware" it pointed its links to. Also asked DJI to confirm warranty issues if upgraded with the linked firmwares.

I downloaded the two internal firmware files, but will not upgrade until DJI's affirmative confirmation.

Henry
2016-6-30
Use props
nesich
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132474 ft

Switzerland

Seestreicher Posted at 2016-6-19 21:22
Main Controller Connection to Center Board Failed
Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller date

Hi Bernhard
I have the same problem.
Did you get an solution?
2016-6-30
Use props
stephane
New
Flight distance : 38809 ft
Germany

new firmware 1.9.1 seems to act weird : Red led on RC and discontinued bip.
no problem on flying so far...
2016-7-1
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-7-1 14:59
Hi, Linolens,

I confirm I also received the same email which appeared to me from DJI. I have sent a ...

Hi Henry,
I've got confirmation these are ok.
I'll update this weekend as I have a job to do.
Hopefully it'll be all good.
2016-7-1
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-7-1 14:58
I also got a email with attached Fw file for my Inspire. I am on travel and it will be some days unt ...

Hi nilsblix,
I did get confirmation it's from DJI.
Will update this weekend and test it out
2016-7-1
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Hope the new internal firmware solves the issues. Please keep us updated!
2016-7-1
Use props
brendanabbott
New

Australia

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-6-20 01:58
Hi Donnie,

I'd checked all sensors' MOD values before flight and all were normal - Gyroscope 0.0 ...

Mine did the same thing on firmware 1.9 Henry. Luckily I had read this thread so I identified the faults as soon as they happened. Was hard to land softly the first time as it was descending on its own. Have downgraded to 1.8 until they fix the bugs. Have never had any problems with the inspire until this latest update
2016-7-1
Use props
brendanabbott
New

Australia

I had also done imu, gimbal, compass calibration and stick calibration as I do after every firmware update. Landing was stuck down too
2016-7-1
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

brendanabbott@h Posted at 2016-7-1 21:45
I had also done imu, gimbal, compass calibration and stick calibration as I do after every firmware  ...

Hi Brendanabbott,

The issues were intermittent - I first encountered the issues twice amongst several normal flights on 19 Jun 2016. One week later, after completing IMU calibration I carefully flew the I1Pro - no issue at all during the several flights on 25 & 26 Jun 2016. Today I encountered the issues again, exactly the same uncommanded climbing without autoraising landing gear. I have not downgraded and am still at FW v1.09.01.10 at this moment.

It seems to me DJI has been working hard in diagnosing and addressing the issues - I received an email from DJI with hyperlinks pointing to two files referred as "internal firmware" for Inspire 1 & Inspire 1 Pro respectively. I downloaded the 2 files and am considering upgrading.

Will provide any findings upon completion of upgrading with the "internal firmware" and test-flying.

Henry
2016-7-1
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

vincentlublink@ Posted at 2016-6-30 21:31
thake the update of from the website before more people have issues withe the latest update!!!!

But to do that would mean an admission something is wrong which DJI as a Chinese company is culturally incapable of doing.

It will be 'Fixed' but nothing was ever 'wrong' in the first place
2016-7-1
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

I just called DJI and they are unaware of any "internal firmware.".........  Just thought I'd check on it.
2016-7-1
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>

Hi Folks,

I have upgraded my I1 Pro with the "internal firmware" from DJI Support Team and tested it out in this morning with 4 packs of batteries (8 taking-offs & 8 landings). I would like to advise that the I1 Pro with the "internal firmware" consistently performed as it should be, with both X3 & X5 attached.

I am looking forward to DJI's official release of the firmware after DJI has received further feedbacks from other Fellow I1 Owners to whom DJI sent these "internal firmware" and from their own tests.

In the mean time, I wish all who upgraded to FW v1.09.01.10 good luck!

Happy and safe flying!

Henry
2016-7-1
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Linolens Posted at 2016-7-1 16:42
Hi Henry,
I've got confirmation these are ok.
I'll update this weekend as I have a job to do.

Thank you, Lino.

Without your advice on the confirmation from DJI in relation to the authenticity of the email and the 2 "internal firmware" files, I might still be hesitating to upgrade the firmware.

It appeared to me you had edited your post several times, didn't you? Were you asked to do so?

Nevertheless, I hope we all will soon receive the official firmware release from DJI. A lot of folks here need it.

Henry

2016-7-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-7-1 20:03
Hi Folks,

I have upgraded my I1 Pro with the "internal firmware" from DJI Support Team and tested i ...

Henry
thank you for reporting back your findings   It is good to hear they have worked correctly on your Inspire 1 with both cameras. I wonder how long it is going to take before they release the FW as I have downgraded mine even though it was not acting up. I have noticed during filming this week the inspire would sink several feet by itself and I held up-stick to keep it in one place.   It has never done that before

Rich                  
2016-7-1
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-2 12:34
Henry
thank you for reporting back your findings   It is good to hear they have worked correctly o ...

Hi Rich,

The FW upgrade processing from FW v1.09.01.10 to the DJI's supplied "internal firmware" only took less than 5 minutes, and in fact only device [17 00] was upgraded. I have no idea on which device in the Inspire 1 this device [17 00] is, but my observations in this morning's tests after the upgrade were that the Inspire 1 Pro held altitude quite well - rock solid as before.

I remember in FW v1.08.01.00 my Inspire 1 Pro did change altitude sometimes, and I thought it was due to windy condition. Please see my case in this post. inspire rising or lowering when landning gear changed

Henry
2016-7-1
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-7-2 06:12
Thank you, Lino.

Without your advice on the confirmation from DJI in relation to the authenticity  ...

Thank's for the update, Henry!

Hope we others get the frmware really soon, too. My Inspire is grounded until it arrives.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
2016-7-1
Use props
db050800
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Linolens Posted at 2016-7-1 04:55
TB48
Do you think there's a connection there?

Not sure, tried to fly this morning, and had the same happen. Used the TB47 though.
2016-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules