Updating firmware and multiple batteries
927 8 2016-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vipersl65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31644 ft

So, if there is a new firmware update, I have to do this 3x ?  I mean , inserting a new battery each time and repeat the process 3x?

2016-6-18
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.3
United States

yes, do each battery one time.
2016-6-18
Use props
vipersl65
lvl.2

jag01usn Posted at 2016-6-19 07:17
yes, do each battery one time.

Thanks Joe.  I tried to insert another battery but it didnt do anything.  I was using DJI Assistant.
2016-6-18
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.3
United States

Is the firmware on the sd card?  Just turn on the Phantom itself. Watch the battery Led's should flash for a few seconds or a little longer then the Led's go back to normal state. Battery update finished.
2016-6-18
Use props
vipersl65
lvl.2

jag01usn Posted at 2016-6-19 08:38
Is the firmware on the sd card?  Just turn on the Phantom itself. Watch the battery Led's should fla ...

Thanks Joe.  I was using DJI Assistant in my PC and the P4 is connected via the mini usb.  so not sure where the firmware is in that case
2016-6-18
Use props
maxxxpower1000
New
United States

Hey guys, newbie question.........I bought my P4 about a week ago with 2 extra batteries If I'm following this right , you have to update the firmware with each battery installed in the P4? Really? I have used all the batteries at least once and I didn't do that. On my second flight I did see a firmware compatibility error, is there a way to check each battery? Did I miss a page of the book or something? LOL
2016-6-25
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

when U get this error it will ask you if u want to update firmware, say yes n it will fix the battery, atleast it did this for mine... u should hear a critical battery lvl warning, or something like that, or again, atleast I did
2016-6-25
Use props
maxxxpower1000
New

That's exactly what happened, I thought it was the tablet, I had no ideas it was because of the battery.
2016-6-26
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you mean go through the entire update from the beginning to do each battery the answer is no. Do your update and then cycle each of your batteries through your Phantom. If there are any battery updates they will be applied to the individual battery.
2016-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules