Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
travelling to brazil drone laws and customs
6968 6 2016-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
josh8394
lvl.2
Australia

I plan to go to brazil (Salvador) in Febuary and I will be flying from Australia. Has anyone had any problems going through customs when you bring your drone through? I plan on taking the drone on carry on bagage
2016-6-19
Use props
cedtat
New

France

Hello ! I am planning a trip to brazil too ... did you have any problems bringing your drone ?
2017-1-23
Use props
RG Drones
lvl.4

Brazil

Esse blog pode ajudar vocês.
http://viagem.decaonline.com/dro ... e-diz-a-legislacao/
2017-1-23
Use props
djiuser_ySFNVkR
lvl.1
Brazil

I am an American, it is July 4, 2017.  I just flew into Brazil (Sao Paulo) Airport WITHOUT my drone because some Brazilian said (posted in another blog) that it would be seized.  So, I went through the Goods to Declare line (Bens a Declarar) just to get the truth from the horse's mouth - the Chief Brazilian Customs Agent on duty.  (I speak fluent Portuguese).
Here is what he said:  "If you have a 'leisure drone' ( drone de lazer) - such as a Phantom 4 [his exact words - he identified the model] or smaller - you do not need to preauthorize the drone with ANAC.  In fact, you do not EVEN NEED TO DECLARE the drone at the Airport."   You can bring these drones into the country - you just need to obey the Brazilian laws when you fly it.

He said that if you have an "Octa Drone" - a large drone that has clear commercial use, then you need to contact ANAC and receive authorization to bring the drone into the country.  

He said that they are NOT going to seize the drone.  They may hold it while you obtain permission, but they are not going to seize it from you.   The agent went on to say that they were seizing drones about a year ago after they had some problems at the Olympics and other sporting events.  They clamped down on drones until they could investigate drones and develop a policy.

He said that this policy is the same for all of the airports in Brazil.

2017-7-4
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Just flew into Sao Paulo last week with my Mavic and had no issues.
2017-9-10
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

I am too nervous to take mine out of the country.  Just can't do it.
2017-9-13
Use props
RAGE
New
Canada

Hi Guys ,I've heard they change the laws in 2018 to bring drones in Brazil. its true ? I cannot find any information and I don't speak portugease so the internet site of the ana is hard to understand. Can someone help me . This his for bringing my little DJI SPARK in may

Thank you .  
2019-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules