Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3A Disconnect
767 8 2016-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smokincigar
lvl.4
Canada

Hey friends,

I think this may be adding fuel to an already burning fire, but I thought I would share my recent experience and see if
anyone may have some tips for me..

I have updated my P3A and RC to new FW after installing the HDMI output board in the RC. I have also updated my ipad mini2 to the latest version of DJI GO.

My first flight yesterday where I had headplay goggles connected to the RC, I experienced disconnect every minute. I lost video and all telemetry on both the tablet and goggles. After about 20 seconds, it would all come back for another minute. Then gone again. Flying was not really possible.

My location was completely wide open and unobstructed. I was at the top of a huge cliff overlooking a lake and only a few metres high and about 10 metres out. (30')

I noticed that disconnecting the fpv goggles from the HDMI output seemed to improve the issue.

It appears there are known disconnect issues with new fw, but I'm wondering if there is anything I may be doing wrong with the sequence of connecting the tablet, goggles, and powering up the RC and P3?

I flew a few days prior to upgrading everything with no problems.

Your thoughts are appreciated

LogPhoto.jpg
2016-6-20
Use props
d.talbotbowe
lvl.1

I updated the firmware and I cant even connect with the Phantom for more than a second with out it losing connection with the rc.
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
DJI team
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello smokincigar, did the app show "Aircraft Disconnected"(red status bar) or "Disconnected)(grey status bar) on the screen at that time? Did RTH activate when it disconnected?
2016-6-20
Use props
starfighters
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

Hi...

Me i have a P3A with 1.8.80 FW ,and saturday i experienced 3 RTH with 2 different batteries,never experienced before .Flying in the same location unobstructed...video feed interrupted,grey video...no telemetry...
A few hundred meters from me ...last flight with litchi and nothing to put in evidence...
2016-6-20
Use props
starfighters
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

Hi...

Me i have a P3A with 1.8.80 FW ,and saturday i experienced 3 RTH with 2 different batteries,never experienced before .Flying in the same location unobstructed...video feed interrupted,grey video...no telemetry...
A few hundred meters from me ...last flight with litchi and nothing to put in evidence...
2016-6-20
Use props
smokincigar
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-20 22:51
Hello smokincigar, did the app show "Aircraft Disconnected"(red status bar) or "Disconnected)(grey s ...

Thank you for your response. I experienced grey "Disconnected" in the status bar. I was given the option to activate RTH, but I didn't because I still had full control of the Phantom. Just no video connection. Screen was black for 20 seconds, then video re-appeared for another few seconds before disconnecting again.

Also worth noting that this consistently happens when I connect an external monitor to the HDMI output module. If I unplug the HDMI cable from the module, the problem seems to go away. I believe the issue I have is related to the newest RC firmware.
2016-6-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
DJI team
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

smokincigar Posted at 2016-6-21 22:51
Thank you for your response. I experienced grey "Disconnected" in the status bar. I was given the o ...

Does it work well with the original RC usb module?Actually the RC fw 1.6.0 has been released for several months and it isn't related to this issue.
2016-6-21
Use props
smokincigar
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-21 23:36
Does it work well with the original RC usb module?Actually the RC fw 1.6.0 has been released for  ...

Just an update. I uninstalled the DJO GO app and re-installed it. I was able to fly 2 batteries last night with Headplays. No disconnects. Fingers crossed the solution was simply a re-install of the GO app.

Thank you for your assistance. Greatly appreciated.
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

smokincigar Posted at 2016-6-22 22:55
Just an update. I uninstalled the DJO GO app and re-installed it. I was able to fly 2 batteries la ...

That's good to hear, I've been wanting to try the Headplays.

For others, if you are experiencing disconnects, can you upload the DAT file and post a link.
2016-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules