2831 19 2016-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103146 ft
United States

Please help.
I just received my Inspire I Pro Raw, my first drone.

Before flying, DJI GO app noted three firmware updates, the RC had an update, and the camer and AC had an update. I updated the RC first, then  I loaded the 1.9.1.10 firmware update to the Inspire. As far as I could tell, the firmware update loaded successfully.

Before takeoff, I noted the app told me I did not need to calibrate IMU. On first takeoff, the Inspire continued to ascend after I took my hands off the controller at about 2 meters up. I then noticed my screen had the message "Ultrasonic System Error. Please land as soon as possible." I landed and calibrated IMU.

Then I tried again, and the Inspire took off fine and hovered when I let go of the controls. It seemed calibrating IMU fixed the Ultrasonic System issue. But when I tried to land, my landing gear did not automatically engage, I had to engage it manually with the switch on the RC. Then, when I tried to enter Travel Mode, the Inspire 1 would not enter Travel Mode. I toggled the toggle on the RC back and forth 4 times, several times. A couple of times, the Inspire would enter Travel Mode, move too far down and actually touch the surface it was sitting on, and then come back to take-off mode. I also tried entering Travel Mode through the app and this would not work either. Finally, after many times, I got it to enter travel mode and stay there (by toggling the switch), so I could finally put it in the case.

Now, when I try to take it out of travel mode, it will not leave travel mode.

Is this a 1.9.1.10 firmware issue? Should I revert to 1.8.1.10? If I do that, will the current DJI GO app update and the current RC update play nice with 1.8.1.10? Also, how do I revert the firmware to an older version?

Thanks!
Mark
2016-6-20
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
Flight distance : 2342808 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-20
Use props
mark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103146 ft
United States

Thanks for that. I was with a drone instructor and thought I was in good hands. Lessoned learned.

I have not checked the .txt on the micro SD. I'm unaware of how to do that.

How do I undo what I've done and get a clean start? Is this possible?
2016-6-20
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
United Kingdom

2016-6-20
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
United Kingdom

2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

mark@halskistud Posted at 2016-6-20 23:57
Thanks for that. I was with a drone instructor and thought I was in good hands. Lessoned learned.

I ...

To add to richardhurst, you would use the same SD card method that you used for the aircraft to downgrade to older firmware. Please ensure that you do not have any other .bin file on the card.

When you attempt to downgrade the RC via the Academy button, ensure that the aircraft is not on.
2016-6-20
Use props
user35c1030f57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 849993 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I got a similar issue. Cannot Get  it back to travel mode after upgrade to 1.9. Neither using the DJI GO app nor the toggle switch no the RC. IT did work with the shipped version 1.8
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

user35c1030f57 Posted at 2016-7-22 00:52
I got a similar issue. Cannot Get  it back to travel mode after upgrade to 1.9. Neither using the DJ ...

Is the RC up to date with the latest firmware? Do you use the unit as a single operator or a dual?
2016-7-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

user35c1030f57 Posted at 2016-7-21 11:52
I got a similar issue. Cannot Get  it back to travel mode after upgrade to 1.9. Neither using the DJ ...

Do you have the aircraft on a smooth level surface when turning on the travel mode ?  Also do you have the camera removed ?  

donnie
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Arnt
lvl.1
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-21 19:32
Is the RC up to date with the latest firmware? Do you use the unit as a single operator or a dual?

Yes, latest firmware and single operator
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Arnt
lvl.1
  • >>>
Norway

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-21 21:28
Do you have the aircraft on a smooth level surface when turning on the travel mode ?  Also do you  ...

Absolutely, smooth, on a table and camera removed. Toggling the RC switch just raise or lower the gear, does not stop in travel mode.
2016-7-22
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Arnt Posted at 2016-7-22 13:47
Absolutely, smooth, on a table and camera removed. Toggling the RC switch just raise or lower the  ...

Do you have the VPS enabled ?    If so do you get readings from the aircraft when in operation.  If you do not get any data in flight with the VPS enabled it mayu be  You may have a failed VPS sensor.
The blue circle is where you would have VPS data at less than 5 meters in altitude .  ( Approx. height  )

donnie
vps.PNG
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DJI-Arnt Posted at 2016-7-23 02:47
Absolutely, smooth, on a table and camera removed. Toggling the RC switch just raise or lower the  ...

In addition to Donnie's advice, try to ensure that the VPS is clean by using a dry clean cloth.
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Arnt
lvl.1
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Arnt Posted at 2016-7-22 20:47

Thanks for the idea, I haven't tried or checked that. Will do.
2016-7-23
Use props
DJI-Arnt
lvl.1
  • >>>
Norway

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-22 21:01
Do you have the VPS enabled ?    If so do you get readings from the aircraft when in operation.  If ...

I thought however that VPS was enabled by default. Have to check this.
2016-7-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Arnt Posted at 2016-7-23 07:26
I thought however that VPS was enabled by default. Have to check this.

I am just double checking, it could have come dis-abled.

Make sure the VPS is working by doing a short test hop and make sure you are getting data from the VPS, the blue circle in my post is where to look , it only works for  a short distance in altitude .

donnie
2016-7-23
Use props
ronny5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2177605 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi
My first post in this forum...
I´m new to dji stuff and had the same problems with my inspire raw took me some hours ti figure this out as a beginner on dji stuff.
First of all i did not find the menu button in the dji go app to get out of transport mode this is how you do that:
1. Tap the middle GPS status field in Go App
2. Scroll down to the bottom..Voila there it is!
3. Tap the exit from transport mode button and the gear should extend

You need to have a binded controller in master mode to do this so if you se no connection in status field fix that first

Regards Ronny
GrimmDrone AB
http://grimmdrone.se
2016-7-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

ronny5 Posted at 2016-7-23 12:13
Hi
I´m new to dji stuff and had the same problems with my inspire ra ...

Welcome to the forum Ronny 5, glad you are here, the more the merrier !

cheers

donnie
2016-7-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

ronny5 Posted at 2016-7-23 10:13
Hi
I´m new to dji stuff and had the same problems with my inspire ra ...

Welcome to the forum

Rich
2016-7-23
Use props
sciro16v
lvl.2

Poland

Not sure is my advice helpfull in this situation but if Inspire dont want go to travel mode it could be low light or tricky surface under VPS camera. I ussualy help it by putting something bright like sun hood or white papier or tablet white screen up under vision positioning when triggering travel mode. At night additional light pointed on putted item could do job aswell. Sumetimes drone need 2-3 attempts but always success. Wonder why better to use VPS for travel mode and not set point to wich retract useing motor and landing gear mail screw distance? Simplier sollution better sollution. Am i wrong? ;-)
2016-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules