2016-6-21
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha jim,

Undisciplined, but you make that a selling point.  Over the years, I have had friends who were artists and were like that.  Hmm.  Interesting.  

There are two ways to move a video camera while shooting a scene, mechanical and fluid (as in human controlled).  This realization came to me while I was watching your video.  You used both techniques, which is probably why I thought it was undisciplined.

Keep working at it.  With the beautifully calm water, I kept hoping you would look straight down more often - but you kept teasing me!  I liked it but it is a shame to waste such a beautiful sea when you can see the bottom!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-6-22
Use props
jim.chisholm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152352 ft
Canada

Cetaman Posted at 2016-6-22 05:47
Aloha jim,

Undisciplined, but you make that a selling point.  Over the years, I have had frien ...

Thanks Cetaman, I will take "undisciplined" as constructive criticism!
I am not a photographer or a videographer, this is simply the first video that I have
ever shot and tried to edit. Rough panning and unfinished/incomplete shots are all a part of the learning process I presume.
2016-6-22
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jim.chisholm Posted at 2016-6-22 04:04
Thanks Cetaman, I will take "undisciplined" as constructive criticism!
I am not a photographer or  ...

Aloha jim,

Constructive criticism is all it was meant to be because I liked the video - all 14 minutes of it!  But, if you do get a chance to go up to 400 feet and shoot straight down into the water along the coast when there is almost no wind - that would be a great video.  I was really surprised how clear your shots were of the bottom considering it was almost sundown.  What would it be like at a different time of day?  There are even shipwrecks down there!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-6-22
Use props
jim.chisholm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152352 ft
Canada

Cetaman Posted at 2016-6-22 17:30
Aloha jim,

Constructive criticism is all it was meant to be because I liked the video - all  ...

Yes I must do just that.. I was kicking myself for not taking more footage straight down afterwards.
This was originally just taken for my mother as a Mothers Day memento of the beach she loves but I figured
what the heck I'll post it for comments. On a clear day the bottom looks like a crawling ant hill there are so many lobsters! It is a testimony to the Phantom 3 that a rank amateur can come up with something reasonable on a first effort.
2016-6-23
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jim.chisholm Posted at 2016-6-23 08:46
Yes I must do just that.. I was kicking myself for not taking more footage straight down afterward ...

Aloha jim,

Now you get um!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely footage.   
2021-10-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done.    Love the background music.
2021-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules