Minor crash?
720 3 2016-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
userd0ffcc0a05
lvl.1
United States

So I upgraded from an old AR drone to phantom 3 standard.   Only just started on my first flight and I crashed at about 15 feet. I was around a corner and the trees were a little closer than I realized.  Now only the rubber bumper of the gimbal got lost and I have a grass streak bit other than that it seems to fly fine(replacement part's on the way)   my question and again I'm new  is there something I should be checking to ensure my performance is right after this?   How durable is the phantom in anyone's experience? Any recalibration tools in the app?

Thanks and did enjoy my first flight!
2016-6-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your mishap.
Your Standard should have come with another set of the vibration absorption dampeners.
2016-6-21
Use props
userd0ffcc0a05
lvl.1
United States

Thanks I was away from the box I didn't realize those were in.   But back to the mishap   do you think I have anything to worry about?  Or do these things handle minor crashes OK?
2016-6-21
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

userd0ffcc0a05 Posted at 2016-6-21 18:13
Thanks I was away from the box I didn't realize those were in.   But back to the mishap   do you thi ...

Minor is a subjective term.  
When you get everything ready to go you'll need to check things that could create huge problems.
These are some of the things, but NOT all.  

Check the motors by hand as well as when you start them up......make sure they rotate freely and they don't make any bizarre sounds.   
After a crash you should recalibrate everything....the IMU, the gimbal and the compass.
Make sure you get no error messages in the DJI Go app and the sensors are within the calibrated parameters.   

Be VERY careful and keep her very close to the ground at first.......if there is something wrong it may or may not show up right away.

Good luck and good flying!!
2016-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules