Dead pixels on sensor
14302 55 2015-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joselugo
New

Colombia

DaVePI Posted at 2015-1-27 09:15
I have the same problem. Both photoshop and lightroom.

I have the same problem also,
2015-8-26
Use props
joselugo
New

Colombia

Dave E Posted at 2015-1-27 12:44
I have the same problem with raw images.

I have the same problem, It bothers a lot
2015-8-26
Use props
joselugo
New

Colombia

sublime19 Posted at 2015-1-30 22:04
still have the same problem on lightroom 5.7

Yes, The same problem in Lightroom
2015-8-26
Use props
eric.vezina
lvl.1

Canada

Hi all,

I just downloaded downloaded the DNG Cleaner and all the red dots on my pictures have disapeared!
Hope it works for you all!

2015-8-27
Use props
sethm83
New

United States

Im using the Mac DNG cleaner but it won't let me open or select a DNG file to repair... It won't even let me select Jpeg.  Is this something they'll fix? I don't have Lightroom, I'll try Photoshop in the AM.
2015-11-12
Use props
flyingpoint
lvl.2

United States

Having the same problem.  This is something new --- I've shot at dusk many times and haven't had this happen.  The shot below was shot as DNG, run through the DNG cleaner, imported into Lightroom and then exported as a jpg.  (And the red dots show up in PS also)

Red Dots

Red Dots
2016-2-7
Use props
waynehwlam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 944656 ft
Hong Kong

flyingpoint@gma Posted at 2016-2-8 07:12
Having the same problem.  This is something new --- I've shot at dusk many times and haven't had thi ...

I took my P4 out for first time night shooting yesterday and found that there were hundreds of red, green, blue and white pixels scattered all over the place in any picture with exposure over 2 seconds. The hot pixels seem to appear randomly but are at the same place from picture to picture.  I was shooting RAW so I loaded the picture in DJI Raw cleaner and it removed maybe 80-90% of the hot pixels.  Will also try to pixel map the sensor to see if there is any improvement.

I found that when I was shooting long exposure on RAW and HDR setting I get the same big patch of red pixels in dark area just like your picture.  I did not load them to DJI raw cleaner as I deleted them.  Should try it next time.   

I am using a 5K iMac and Aperture.  
2016-6-20
Use props
loukasa
lvl.1

Greece

Did you found a solution ?? I have the same problem with my P3A , but only at 16:9 RAW pictures....
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

loukasa Posted at 2016-12-1 05:00
Did you found a solution ?? I have the same problem with my P3A , but only at 16:9 RAW pictures....

Is it the same issue as in post #48? Have you checked your exposure settings? Do the pictures appear in the original image. Does it only become apparent when you make color corrections in post? Could you provide a samiple image?
2016-12-1
Use props
fans4b171827
New

United States

Has this been addressed anymore?  I have a Mavic Pro that shows little white dots in bright areas.  DNG cleaner may have helped a little bit but not great.
2017-3-1
Use props
fanse9ac2261
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi mate, I've just done a video about this, should get rid of it.
2017-3-8
Use props
fanse9ac2261
lvl.1
United Kingdom

sublime19 Posted at 2015-1-26 17:00
got the same problem. i hope they fix it by firmware update since the jpegs come out just fine, just the dng files show some red dots all over the place.

Hi mate, I had the same problem and made a video to get rid of them
2017-3-8
Use props
fanse9ac2261
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dave E Posted at 2015-1-27 09:14
I have the same problem with raw images.

Hi mate, Ive made a video to get rid of them
2017-3-8
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fanse9ac2261 Posted at 2017-3-8 08:25
Hi mate, Ive made a video to get rid of them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joqQQcqYcbU

Many thanks Fans.

Dave.
2017-3-14
Use props
fansd26f31f7
New
United States

Phantom 4 - Purchased in January 2017...every single RAW photo has hundreds of white dots in the sky!! Mostly in the blue and into slightly over exposed white areas. This is horrible. I shoot professional architectural photos and have to manuel edit every single spec out of every shot. So upsetting to find no answers here!!
I have used Lightroom and Photoshop - the best solution so far is Noise Reduction in the Luminance and Color @ 100 and then add a little sharpening (4 with Masking @ 33). It makes the plants, leaves and other elements a little less than perfect but is good for structures. Then I clone/heal every single white spec in every shot...really, really upsetting but I have no choice.
I really hope DJI fixes this soon...I need a drone that works.
Hey DJI, be honest, does this happen with the latest Phantom 4 pro with the 20 mega pixel camera?
2017-4-29
Use props
harry.ho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164288 ft
Singapore

Sorry to open topic again, but is there a fix for this?
I just bought mavic pro and having same issue. Run dji dng cleaner no help, opened in lightroom 5.6, photoshop cc no help neither
Disappointed!!!
2017-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules