Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dead pixels on sensor
12Next >
14273 55 2015-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ElliotTeskey
lvl.2

United States

I just loaded my first picture and processed it in Lightroom.  When I res up the image a bit I see a lot of dead pixels on the image.  They are white dots ( lots of them) in a otherwise blue sky for example.  I have owned a number of good digital cameras and have never seen this before.  Has anyone else noticed this on their images.
I am wondering if there is something wrong with my sensor.  In reality I likely wouldn't res it up that much for a print....the native resolution at 240 pixels per inch is around 8x17 inches....pretty good for a tiny little sensor.
Those of you that are taking stills can you let me know if you are seeing this.
2015-1-22
Use props
sublime19
lvl.1

Portugal

got the same problem. i hope they fix it by firmware update since the jpegs come out just fine, just the dng files show some red dots all over the place.
2015-1-26
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

China

Try to use Photoshop to view the picture.
2015-1-27
Use props
DaVePI
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-1-27 20:47
Try to use Photoshop to view the picture.

I have the same problem. Both photoshop and lightroom.
2015-1-27
Use props
kianooshzare.ya
lvl.1

United States

many of camera cover dead-pixels  in picture processor  
why dji camera didn't ?
2015-1-27
Use props
rutchmann
lvl.1

United States

dead pixels or hot pixels?
2015-1-27
Use props
pauldean85.emai
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I've looked into the red pixels issue, taking photos whilst both on the ground and in the air.

They are not dead pixels as they change location, photo to photo.

They also only seem to happen (at least with my unit) whilst in the air, or with the motors running.

Is it possible that the motors are creating some kind of interference that is interacting with the CMOS sensor in the camera?
2015-1-27
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same problem with raw images.
2015-1-27
Use props
octovisions
lvl.2

United Kingdom

i have the same problem with raw images. i recieved pack B just interesting to know if this only effects B or both packs.
2015-1-28
Use props
nscheffer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2078563 ft
France

Hi,

I have the same problem all my RAW images have some blue, red or green pixels !!
Is it normal ?

For video no problem.

Here is some pictures (RAW) and videos i have done to see the problem :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dp20u ... foO1R9H8OqHpTa?dl=0
2015-1-28
Use props
nscheffer
lvl.3
France

I have installed an eval version of Photoshop CC 2014 and i could confirm that all RAW images took with the Inspire 1 are perfect without any blue, red or green pixels.
I don't want to purchase Photoshop CC just for this so i suppose that the easiest way for me is to change from RAM to JPEG to solve the problem.
I will try this week-end.
2015-1-28
Use props
kianooshzare.ya
lvl.1

United States

shamefully sony and dji really very bad pics for profetionals
2015-1-28
Use props
sublime19
lvl.1

Portugal

I hope Dji fix this cameras right away, and as fast is possible, i bought my unite at the beginning of January and i am not putting it to work to get my money professionally. So i have 3000 Euros spent and none profit and this is getting me mad.
2015-1-29
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

can confirm that lightroom 5 opens raw images from the inspire cam without ant pixel problems.
2015-1-30
Use props
sublime19
lvl.1

Portugal

still have the same problem on lightroom 5.7
2015-1-30
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most cameras have at least some hot pixels. Jpg files will have them removed by in camera processing but raw files are not processed by the camera. Lightroom or photoshop will remove the dots automatically.
2015-1-30
Use props
nscheffer
lvl.3
France

I confirm it works perfectly when using Photoshop CC on Mac no red, blue, green pixels everywhere on the image.
2015-1-30
Use props
sublime19
lvl.1

Portugal

i still see the bad pixels on cc on mac, on windows, on lightroom, everywhere  
2015-2-2
Use props
Geoffdb
lvl.2

United States

Same problem here, I had this with my original Phantom when shooting with RAW. No Bueno.
See here, lower left corner...
https://drive.google.com/folderv ... WDczaVU&usp=sharing
2015-2-2
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem here, seems to mostly only occur in bright areas on the image.
2015-2-2
Use props
sublime19
lvl.1

Portugal

I have been in contact with dji support, but suddenly they stop answering me, i think this is a big problem for someone who wants to take photography seriously. I have posted in RcGroups, but they seem to only answer between some of them, its like a private club. By now i am almost ready to call the consumers legal rights in Europe because i really think this is not the way thinks should work, specially for a 3K product. I own various Sony cameras and other professional gear and they all have been quick to resolve any issues. I was thinking about buying a Dji Ronin for my FS700 but now i will save my money for the freefly stuff, i really don't have time to spend with this kind of issues. I am feeling really annoyed with all the experience so far, STILL NO PROP LOCKS here, i am not flying this thing !!!!!  
2015-2-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

sublime19 Posted at 2015-2-3 09:42
I have been in contact with dji support, but suddenly they stop answering me, i think this is a big  ...

Find you. PM sent.

Autumn
2015-2-3
Use props
sublime19
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-3 20:46
Find you. PM sent.

Autumn

This 2-year guarantee is only your minimum right and national rules in your country may give you extra protection. Remember that any deviation from EU rules must always be to the consumer's benefit.

If an item you bought anywhere in the EU turns out to be faulty or does not look or work as advertised, the seller must repair or replace it free of charge or give you a full refund or reduction in price. In some EU countries you will be offered the choice between all four remedies from the outset. Otherwise you will be able to ask for a full or partial refund only when it is not possible or convenient to repair or replace the item.
2015-2-4
Use props
stuart
New

Botswana

I'm also waiting on DJI response to this problem... unusable RAW images, hundred of hot pixels even if processed through Adobe Camera Raw or lightroom.. been truing to do HDRI and that magnifies the problem...
2015-2-12
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

stuart Posted at 2015-2-12 21:57
I'm also waiting on DJI response to this problem... unusable RAW images, hundred of hot pixels even  ...

Hi stuart,

Now there is a tool that could remove those dead pixels.
You can download it from here. cleaner.jpg

Later I'll post a guide note
2015-2-13
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

China

sublime19 Posted at 2015-2-5 07:14
This 2-year guarantee is only your minimum right and national rules in your country may give you e ...

I fully agree with you, even living in China !
I have similar problems: today 's shouting video in log format: a disaster . In 1080 p50 banding/not fluent because not strong enough ND filter……    and after sales service = same disaster, not professional at all, even I think they do not understand the relation between shutter speed and filmic look.  Really I have had plenty of bad experiences, even for Chinese customer.
Next time i will film against my professional skill, automatically in 4K, hopefully better result, but this is not product for professional use, for sure. (equal as dji service). Asking urgently stronger ND filters !!!
2015-2-13
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

China

stuart Posted at 2015-2-12 21:57
I'm also waiting on DJI response to this problem... unusable RAW images, hundred of hot pixels even  ...

It is not by giving software to solve the problem. Too stupid their suggestion using photoshop in place of lightroom, it is using the same basic, just another layout ! Can we believe DJI guys are professional ?
2015-2-13
Use props
DJI-CAO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228714 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Renaat Posted at 2015-2-13 20:48
It is not by giving software to solve the problem. Too stupid their suggestion using photoshop in  ...

Did you find any bad/hot pixels in JPG? DNG and JPG are taken from the same sensor simutaneously. Actually DJI strictly follows the DNG spec of Adobe. But it seems the 3rd software such as ACDsee and UFraw are not fully aligned with this spec. Even Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) itself does not PERFECTLY handle the bad/hot pixels as the camera. They will fix this issue in the next patch of ACR, as we known.
DJI decided to develope a tool called DNG Cleaner. The goal is not only to solve bad/hot pixels, but also  to enhance the DNG experience by cleaning those prior imperfections caused by lens, sensor and other factors before the DNG is processed by the decoding software.
2015-2-13
Use props
lindkold.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8077667 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I've seen both "hot" (red) pixels and multicolored pixels, spread all over my images. Happens in DNG only.
Preview, Aperture and PS CC 2014 all show them. Clearly a DJI software issue.

And instead of shipping a perfect working camera (like GoPro manages to do), they come up with a "DNG Cleaner" later...!?!?! Which is Windows only...?!?!?! Come on, DJI. Make hardware/software that works BEFORE shipping. Everybody (major dealers) knew the camera and gimbal issues was the reason the Inspire didn't ship on time in the beginning of december, and yet, you choose to ship a $3.000 product with faulty cameras.?

Same goes for the "Gimbal Twitch". It's only seen in the largest 4K setting (4096x2160), if you use the smaller 4K setting (3840x2160) there's no issue (at least not for me). Again, DJI chose to ship a faulty product.

DJI should really stop using it's customers as beta testers.:@
2015-2-14
Use props
periche
New

Dominican Republic

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-13 18:29
Hi stuart,

Now there is a tool that could remove those dead pixels.

So in order to remove fix every single image, I need to get a Windows Computer!?!?!?!
Mediocrity at it's best
2015-2-22
Use props
nquinn2
lvl.1

United States

My camera has the same problem and I was told to send it for repair.  They received it 5 days after I sent it, but it took them another week just to log it into their system.  I was told 3-4 weeks turn around.  I have been trying to log in to their zendesk to watch progress through their repair process and can't get them to send me an e-mail with a password to get logged on.  Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.  For a brand new purchase they should have sent me a new camera after my dealer told me it looked like dead pixels on the sensor.  I shouldn't have to be without this for yet another 4 weeks after waiting 2 months to get it after they had my money for that whole time.  The DNG Cleaner software crashed every time I tried to use it and after uninstall and re-install nothing worked.   I use Photoshop CC 2014 and it does not remove the dead pixels in Camera Raw!!  They don't seem to care about their customers!!!  Not to mention the repair person told me on the phone not to send just the camera.  He siad to sen the whole drone and kit I received so they could put it together and check everything out.  Now I am told there is no guarantee that I will get my original accessories back (.i.e my charger, my battery, my 64GB brand new Micro SD card I left in the camera.)
2015-4-1
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try changing the channel that you are using. It may be noise on the channel and not dead pixels. Also if you have cellular shut that off  along with the Wi-Fi, that goes for your Cell Phone also. The cleaner the signal the better the results.
2015-4-1
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

sublime19 Posted at 2015-2-3 09:42
I have been in contact with dji support, but suddenly they stop answering me, i think this is a big  ...

The Prop Locks were sent to everyone that bought their Inspire from DJi and were sent by DJI. DJI sent prop locks to every Dealer that Inspires were sent to. All of this was at no charge to anyone. Check with the Dealer that you bought yours from. He has them. I bought mine from B&H and they sent them to me at no charge as soon as they hit their warehouse. I am sur that there are many other Dealers that did the same.
2015-4-1
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

When you increase the exposure in editing you will get noise...It's noise not dead pixels At least that's what I see in my photos with increased exposure....
2015-6-30
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

sublime19 Posted at 2015-2-5 07:14
This 2-year guarantee is only your minimum right and national rules in your country may give you e ...

I had similar dead pixels on my first aircraft camera Model B issue  Jan/Feb production date.
2015-7-1
Use props
dannyboyski
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My bird is still at the dealers because of this problem: although a lot worse.
2015-7-1
Use props
dannyboyski
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Check a link to the problem, only affects JPEG
2015-7-1
Use props
dannyboyski
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Pardon me, only affects raw images. JPEGs come out nice: http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/Dannyboyski/media/DJI_0016_zpsmbmlueey.jpg.html?filters[user]=141308104&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
2015-7-1
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

And that's what the DNG cleaner is for !!!

DJI DNG Cleaner

2015-7-1
Use props
dannyboyski
lvl.1

United Kingdom

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2015-7-2 15:52
And that's what the DNG cleaner is for !!!

DJI DNG Cleaner

thanks for your reply mark, the DNG cleaner doesn't fix it.

see the example pic here
2015-7-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules