Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
When can we expect new Firmware for the Phantom 3 standard
12Next >
3800 42 2016-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
namenew31
lvl.1

Slovenia

Mr.Ken and Mr.Paladin

When can we expect new Firmware for the Phantom 3 standard.
1.6.80 is of a great disaster. DJI done a lot of damage.
Please without any children the replies, or even delete the profile.

Greetings
2016-6-22
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Hi namenew31,
your are right the last firmware did a lot of distasters.
I have the rc signal issue and my p3s was unusable.
I have contacted dji repair service and send it back.
After 2 weeks i got my new p3s back with the last firmware and it works great
I suggest to send your p3s back too ;)
2016-6-22
Use props
chippy96
lvl.2
Flight distance : 820 ft
United Kingdom

Why would they release an update to fix the issues when they will not admit to there being a problem.
2016-6-23
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
lvl.4
Italy

In my opinion we can stay here and write that dji will not admit that this firmware causes problem etc. , or you can send back your drone and you can have it back working  in 14 days
Choose
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, we know you are looking forward to see a new firmware and we have reported some issues to our R&D team. Once we release a new firmware, we will make an announcement here in the forum.
2016-6-23
Use props
egconstruger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-6-23 05:57
In my opinion we can stay here and write that dji will not admit that this firmware causes problem e ...

Hello Jacopo thanks for that answer, BUT i want you to use common sense, if the phantom 3 standard is perfectly fine at firmware 1.5.70 flies well, all good right? and then an update of firmware 1.6.80 comes and then ALL of phantom 3 standard users begin to have the same ISSUE, that means the problem is the new software, the drone itself is good the hardware is good.  so theres no logic reason to send the drone for "REPAIR" when it doesnt need be repaird   that be a waste of money and time for no reason., it  only need a good working Firmware

please stop going post by post saying this issue have been resolved WHEN ITS NOT, lot of people still got the problem and waiting patienly for DJI to fix.
THANKS
2016-6-23
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
lvl.4
Italy

egconstruger@gm Posted at 2016-6-23 14:21
Hello Jacopo thanks for that answer, BUT i want you to use common sense, if the phantom 3 standard ...

I am italian so my english is very poor
I am not saying that there are no issues. I had this issue too and i was very disappointed.
Dji seems to ignore this issue you are right.
I ask you to use common sense too: you can repair your drone? in my case the answer was NO. If you write here asking for a new firmware your drone will be ok? NO.
So i contact dji repair service and i send back my p3s.
if you search in this forum you will find a lot of posts where i report this issue but i in my opinion is a waste of time. My goal was have my p3s working and sending it to dji repair service help me to reach this goal.

However in my opinion there are two reason for this issue:
1) Upgrade procedure fault
2) Hardware of some p3s that go crazy after last upgrade.

2016-6-23
Use props
PHANNTOM
lvl.1

Slovenia

egconstruger@gm Posted at 2016-6-23 14:21
Hello Jacopo thanks for that answer, BUT i want you to use common sense, if the phantom 3 standard ...

Yes it's true. Totally agree with egconstruger.
I'm going on vacation (25.6. to the sea) and can not normally fly (only 50-150m)
Before the upgrade was flying normally (120-650m enough for me)
For me it is very disappointing.
I hope that as soon as possible what they do (not just send to service)
2016-6-23
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
lvl.4
Italy

PHANNTOM Posted at 2016-6-23 14:50
I'm going on vacation (25.6. to the sea) and can no ...

I am sorry but is your p3s working now? No. So what's the difference between get it in a box at home or send it to dji repair service?
Yes maybe a new firmware will be realeased...but when? and if it doesn't fix this issue?
2016-6-23
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

PHANNTOM Posted at 2016-6-23 18:20
I'm going on vacation (25.6. to the sea) and can no ...

yeah.. but some people like me, it is too hard to send the drone back to DJI, because of the cost and custom issues.. so DJI should release a new firmware soon..
2016-6-23
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
lvl.4
Italy

imdilanvlogs@gm Posted at 2016-6-23 15:41
yeah.. but some people like me, it is too hard to send the drone back to DJI, because of the cost  ...

Well from this point of view you are right
2016-6-23
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-6-23 19:12
Well from this point of view you are right

yeah bro.. if I send it normal air mail, when it come back Sri lanka.. I will not be able to get it because of the custom issues.. and if I want to send it via DHL, I have pay like $160, it is like 35% of  the whole drone cost and I can buy a new main board for that money.. and these days I can not afford that money.. $160 may be a small amount for some countries but in Sri Lanka, small family can live up to 1 month with $160.
2016-6-23
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
lvl.4
Italy

imdilanvlogs@gm Posted at 2016-6-23 15:56
yeah bro.. if I send it normal air mail, when it come back Sri lanka.. I will not be able to get i ...

I am sorry, i didn't know that send your drone back can cost 160$
2016-6-23
Use props
seatk78
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-23 12:16
Hello, we know you are looking forward to see a new firmware and we have reported some issues to our ...

Why not reported all the issues to Your team? Only Some issues?  The Drone is completly crap after firmware update. I downgraded my  Drone and now it is flying 130 meters and no problems. But is was not easy to do. But much  beter then the 30 meters before I Will never do a upgrade anymore. Gone Sell my Drone now dji disaponted me bad alot of money for crap. Thats for sure. People dont buy a Drone to send it back or not just to look at it.
2016-6-23
Use props
hihi_shrek
lvl.2

Hong Kong

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-23 18:16
Hello, we know you are looking forward to see a new firmware and we have reported some issues to our ...

Hi, DJI Paladin. Where can I send my drone back for this range problem? Mine is P3 Standard bought at Broadway in HK. Latest firmware also caused very limited range for mine. I tested today at Wu Kai Sha, 250m horizontal distance max.
I heard people tried the downgrade FW method, can you show us how to do it?
2016-6-23
Use props
hihi_shrek
lvl.2

Hong Kong

egconstruger@gm Posted at 2016-6-23 20:21

You are the man!
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Phantom 3 Standard on the latest firmware and there are no issues with it at all.
I know some are experiencing issues and as Paladin stated it's already been reported to R&D.
There are several troubleshooting tips that can help determine it.
if you are flying in a neighborhood you WILL get tons of interference since the Standard operates on WiFi and so does the hundreds of homes you are flying over with their 2.4 internet WiFi devices.
Now if you have range issues in a wide open area and you are getting WAY less then the advertised range and your WiFi signal strength still says you have full signal but you do not then you have a hardware issue and you can send the aircraft in to be repaired.
Also, ensuring that you have the proper antenna orientation will dramatically help.
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

hihi_shrek Posted at 2016-6-23 22:35
Hi, DJI Paladin. Where can I send my drone back for this range problem? Mine is P3 Standard bought ...

I'm sorry you are experiencing this, you can use the support page to start the RMA process.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-6-23
Use props
bradleybowers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 643360 ft
United Kingdom

Is their anyway to downgrade the firmware on the standard?
2016-6-23
Use props
JustGoThere
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41778 ft
United States

"ALL of phantom 3 standard users begin to have the same ISSUE"... seriously?
"if that were the case then everyone would have the issues..."
I've got 2 standards, fully upgraded, with no issues...I know at least 15 people with standards and they don't have any issues at all...

Unless I'm wrong here, DJI sells quite a few units, and in several forums I frequent, there's about maybe 30-40 people total (some post in more than one forum) that are complaining about upgrade issues.
(that's not exactly everyone that has purchased a standard)

I'm also guessing that this is related to some hardware item that was used during different production runs. So ok, you got a bad hardware component built into your aircraft, it doesn't mean everyone has the issue. If everyone DID have the issue DJI would release a fix pretty darn quick I would imagine... (IMHO) You are a small percentage of the total sales, and every product has it's issues no matter what it is...

So you just return it, they replace the faulty component, send it back and everything is fine again...
There's really no need to scream and rant and get pissed off about it, I've purchased thousands and thousands of dollars worth of Helicopter gear, and sometimes you get a lemon component, it's part of life...

(and personally I think half of the issues people have here is related to not reading the manual, and not understanding the settings...)
Thanks!
JGT

2016-6-23
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

JustGoThere Posted at 2016-6-23 21:28
"ALL of phantom 3 standard users begin to have the same ISSUE"...  seriously?
"if that were the case ...

Yeah I know there are people who are fine with the 1.6.80 but that doesn't mean that DJI can give up on people who have the issue.. because we also paid for our drone like you..
but some people like me, it is too hard to send the drone back to DJI, because of the cost and custom issues.. so DJI should release a new firmware soon..

if I send it normal air mail, when it come back Sri lanka.. I will not be able to get it because of the custom issues.. and if I want to send it via DHL, I have pay like $160, it is like 35% of  the whole drone cost and I can buy a new main board for that money.. and these days I can not afford that money.. $160 may be a small amount for you, but in Sri Lanka, small family can live up to 1 month with $160.

and may be i m not rich guy like you to spend thousand of dollars for RC, that is why we are asking for a help ASAP..
2016-6-23
Use props
kinjomakato
lvl.1

Spain

I am really happy for the people who do not have any problem, but please stop posting that your p3s are ok.  Ours are not and that kind of post do not help at all.
DJI, please try to fix that problem and release a new firmware ASAP, even if it is just al old firm with a new name just for people who can not fly right now.
2016-6-23
Use props
mpogrebnoy
New

United States

I have P3S bought 2 months ago. My best range in open rural field was once ~520 m. It was a rare case, my typical range is around 350 m, sometimes less, sometimes more.
Two days ago I and my co-worker who has an identical model bought around the same time were testing the range. It was in the light industrial area mix with residential, far from ideal. Nevertheless, he's reached 750 m in every different directions before getting weak signal. He could go farther but decided not to. When I flew immediately after him I've reached ~350 m in one direction, 270 meters at another, every time got RC signal lost, RTH.
It is obvious to me that my drone is inferior but I am not sure if it means it is a case for RMA, or it is in the ballpark within the normal variance of one unit vs. another.
If I had range 50-100m I would definitely start RMA but because it is SOMEWHAT lower but not drastically, I am not sure if it is the case for RMA. Thoughts?
2016-6-23
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

mpogrebnoy Posted at 2016-6-23 23:33
I have P3S bought 2 months ago. My best range in open rural field was once ~520 m. It was a rare cas ...

you don't need contact RMA.. you are normal bro.. please tell me.. did you update to 1.6.80???
2016-6-23
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

egconstruger@gm Posted at 2016-6-23 08:21

Not all P3S had a bad upgrade after the 1.6.8 came out, mine is about the same if not better. So I think a lot of people had either a corrupt install. Maybe this one was more sensitive to being corrupted. Or not all P3S are made with the same parts (different chip sets) that handle this fireware differently. Just my opinion.
2016-6-23
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

wmcvey Posted at 2016-6-24 06:36
Not all P3S had a bad upgrade after the 1.6.8 camr out, mine is about the same if not better. So I ...

yeah you are right bro.. most of the broken drones from Europe including mine.. so may be they have build them different chips. so I hope they will send new firmware that suitable for everyone..  
2016-6-23
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

kinjomakato Posted at 2016-6-23 13:08
I am really happy for the people who do not have any problem, but please stop posting that your p3s  ...

The reason those of us that are not having an issue want to post is to give input on the issue. That there is more than meets the eye here. How can I get over 1000m with a stock P3S on the newest firmware 1.6.8,  and others are having such a large range issue. It's not watering down your problem, just making it more defined. I agree with the above post that there must have been different components used in production, and this firmware is not compatible with. For me that's even a larger issue. Or it's something to do with FCC vs CE in the RC.
2016-6-23
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

wmcvey Posted at 2016-6-24 06:57
The reason those of us that are not having an issue want to post is to give input on the issue. Tha ...

yeah bro. i m loosing signal within 40-60m and if I could get at least 400m I will be fine. I did not ask for 1 or  2km.. I hope DJI will take care of this ASAP..  
2016-6-23
Use props
SaskeBaby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1017989 ft
Philippines

Exactly my friend....
2016-6-23
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

imdilanvlogs@gm Posted at 2016-6-23 22:22
yeah bro. i m loosing signal within 40-60m and if I could get at least 400m I will be fine. I did  ...

I feel you really, if I was in your shoes I'd be mad as well. Now I'm leaning toward the theory it's something to do with FCC mode vs CE mode after the firmware update. As I read more post it always seems us in the US with FCC mode are having fewer issues with range than others using CE mode.
2016-6-23
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

wmcvey Posted at 2016-6-24 08:05
I feel you really, if I was in your shoes I'd be mad as well. Now I'm leaning toward the theory it ...

Thanks mate, yeah as I said Europe use only CE mode.. and lot of people are having issues in Europe. it means CE mode.. and for the record I kn ow How to change CE mode to FCC mode, But it also did not help me..
2016-6-23
Use props
mpogrebnoy
New

United States

imdilanvlogs@gm Posted at 2016-6-23 20:15
you don't need contact RMA.. you are normal bro.. please tell me.. did you update to 1.6.80???

I was on latest 1.6.80, then downgraded to 1.5.7+. RC remains on 1.6.80. No apparent difference.
2016-6-24
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

mpogrebnoy Posted at 2016-6-24 17:25
I was on latest 1.6.80, then downgraded to 1.5.7+. RC remains on 1.6.80. No apparent difference.

how do you know that RC remains 1.6.80?? How did you find that???
2016-6-24
Use props
mpogrebnoy
New

United States

imdilanvlogs@gm Posted at 2016-6-24 20:03
how do you know that RC remains 1.6.80?? How did you find that???

If I don't mistake when DJI GO 2.8.3 is connected to RC but the aircraft is powered off, I go to Camera View and navigate to Status screen it says 1.6.80. Then I turn the drone on and it shows to 1.5.7+. Something like that..
2016-6-24
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

thank for the tip.. I like too see that too.
2016-6-24
Use props
gullisig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

mpogrebnoy Posted at 2016-6-24 19:38
If I don't mistake when DJI GO 2.8.3 is connected to RC but the aircraft is powered off, I go to C ...

It should say N/A if AC is off or mine do so. Have you reinstalled the app?
2016-6-24
Use props
mpogrebnoy
New

United States

gullisig Posted at 2016-6-25 04:22
It should say N/A if AC is off or mine do so. Have you reinstalled the app?

No, I did not reinstall the app. I don't remember exact details as it was 3 or 4 weeks ago. I will double check when I have a chance.
Just double checked see pics whne aircraft is off and on.

aircraft off

aircraft off

aircraft on

aircraft on
2016-6-24
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft

Can there be a fault with the interior antenna of the phantom itself? One day I was getting 900m and now I get about 200m, and there was no specific reason for it. Same location, same firmware, etc. I was wondering if the internal antenna can become loose from its connections, as the connections in my transmitter are solid, and there should be no reason for this as nothing happened to the drone (i.e. crash, firmware update, location change, etc.). SO, my question is, has anyone had experienced a loose connection with the antenna in the phantom?  
2016-6-24
Use props
sunnyc123abc
New

I just bought a phantom 3 4k and have exchanged it once already. Both would not go past 400-500 meters without the video cutting out and the drone going into RTH mode. This was at an open beach, at my home the range is worse. I can't even get to 200 ft elevation above me without the video become choppy. I bought a range booster and it didn't seem to help much. I would expect the phantom 3 to fly at least 700-800 with no problems. I am located in California if that makes a difference.
2016-6-24
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

Since we're all talking about RF range, I have a technical question for the DJI folks...

On the P3S specifically, what situation would trigger the remote and/or aircraft to re-negotiate a new RF channel (for both 2.4 and 5 GHz)?

a) Does it look for an unused channel every time both devices are switched ON?
b) Everytime you bind the remote to the aircraft?, OR
c) The remote and/or aircraft dynamically change channels in realtime to account for interference?
2016-6-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules