2069 18 2016-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leo.s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205696 ft
Italy

360.jpg
Here is the last 360° photo taken with my P4 and after the end of the process the crash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9jfjucc6k56x28/DJI_0066.mov?dl=0. Still waiting to know what happened from DJI.
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash, Leo. Have you synced your flight record and sent the DAT files to our tech support?
2016-6-23
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-23 10:46
Sorry for your crash, Leo. Have you synced your flight record and sent the DAT files to our tech sup ...

Thank you DJI-Paladin, yes I synced my flightrecords and shared the links to download csv flightlogs, dat files, the link to healtydrone and the link to the video of the crash.
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

leo.s Posted at 2016-6-23 16:58
Thank you DJI-Paladin, yes I synced my flightrecords and shared the links to download csv flightlo ...

I'd suggest you to use DJI Assistant 2 to download the flight data from the drone and send it to support.eu@dji.com. The DAT files are containing more details.Both of the FC and Vision moudule files are necessary. P4 MC data.JPG
2016-6-23
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-23 11:00
I'd suggest you to use DJI Assistant 2 to download the flight data from the drone and send it to s ...

I already downloaded the dat files from the drone, then I uploaded them to my adobe creative cloud account and shared the link via mail with the support so that they can download the dat files. dat.jpeg
nr 6 - 7 both files (FC and Vision) shared

They shoud have all that files:

Documents shared via email or synchronized via DJI Go App

2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

leo.s Posted at 2016-6-23 17:13
I already downloaded the dat files from the drone, then I uploaded them to my adobe creative cloud ...

Thank you for your understanding. Hope the problem will be solved soon.
2016-6-23
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-23 11:15
Thank you for your understanding. Hope the problem will be solved soon.

Thank you, I hope too.
2016-6-23
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

Should read : "360° Pano THEN crash!"

Sorry, that's just one of those things that drives me nuts.  Then and than are two COMPLETELY different words that mean totally different things.  "Than" has to do with comparing two things.  Examples; "mine's bigger THAN yours." or "this tower is taller THAN that one."  "Then" has to with time and when something happened.  Example; "the sky grew dark and THEN it started raining." or "I got tired and THEN I took a nap."

I am not trying to be a smart ass but this really is important if you want to be taken seriously.
2016-6-23
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2016-6-23 11:18

Sorry, that's just one of those things that drives me nuts.  ...

Given the country, the OP may use ESL.

AFAIK, the DJI forum is available only in English.

That said, many posters in the United States and in the United Kingdom do not seem to be as familiar with the written language as one would expect.
2016-6-23
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

Jim Watkins Posted at 2016-6-23 20:18

Thank you  for your lesson!
2016-6-23
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Jim Watkins Posted at 2016-6-23 19:18

Get some professional help, it shouldn't worry you at all. Patronising old git. Americans teaching English, lol {:4_157:}

Leo - scary crash, hope you get some answers.
2016-6-23
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

leo.s Posted at 2016-6-23 12:12
Thank you  for your lesson!

Sorry if anyone was offended.  There are LOTS of people I know right here in Southern California who apparently don't know the difference between then and than.

--Jim
2016-6-23
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you want to know what happened, DJI aren't very good at explaining.
You can find out for yourself though.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

That will provide a detailed flight record.
If you have trouble analysing it, post a link to the report and someone here might be able to help.
2016-6-23
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-6-24 01:09
Get some professional help, it shouldn't worry you at all. Patronising old git. Americans teaching ...

Oh yes, very scary. A motor shut off caused the crash without any apparently reason. At least the repair is under warranty.
2016-6-27
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-24 01:34
If you want to know what happened, DJI aren't very good at explaining.
You can find out for yourself ...

Thank you. Here is the link http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6HKP2BSB1TDF10C2MQ1U/
2016-6-27
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

leo.s Posted at 2016-6-28 01:03
Thank you. Here is the link http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6HKP2BSB1TDF10C2MQ1U/

That is a beautiful part of Italy.  I wish I had a Phantom when I stayed near there.

The flight record doesn't show any error messages and looks a lot like a normal flight.
It shows you started descending but  after 8 seconds the descent speed exceeds the normal 3 m/s and the Phantom starts to tumble and roll.
It accelerates to 35 m/s in the 10 seconds it takes to crash.
The battery is powered on for the whole time of the fall.

The cause of the crash is not obvious to me.
The flight record shows battery was at 89% at the start of the flight but no major cell voltage deviations.
How long since the battery was charged?
2016-6-27
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

Thank you labroides,
that was a problem with the motors as you can see here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-56673-1-1.html. The battery indicates 89% because is the second part of the flight, the one made with Litchi. I started the flight with the DJ Go App (battery was 98%) and switched it in air to use Litchi to take a 360° panorama. (DJI Go App wasn't running in background).

You lived in Italy? Nice! The crash was near Lucca where I live.

Thanks again,
Leonardo
2016-7-21
Use props
speedyx32
lvl.3
Romania

Mind me asking with what app did you make the pano? Thanks.
2016-7-22
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

Hi, I took the photos with Litchi using custom settings: 3 rows (7 photos each row ) one +30° one -5° one -40 and 2 photos at -90. For the image optimization I used Photoshop CC. Once the single images were ready I stitched them using PTGui. To fill the hole in the sky at +90 I converted the spherical image produced by PTGui into 6 faces of the cube with KRPano (a droplet called convert-sphere-to cube): after the process we have 6 faces of the cube: front, right, left, back, up, down. I opened the up face with Photoshop CC and filled the hole in the sky (content aware fill very often does a good job). After that I converted again the cube to the sphere with a KRPano droplet (called convert-cube-to-sphere) to make the final adjustment to the equirectangular image in Photoshop.
2016-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules