Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fireworks Settings
3560 13 2016-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CapeCodPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623287 ft
United States

Hello everyone.  The 4th of July is less than two weeks away and I plan on filiming my local firworks display with my phantom 4.  Does anybody know what the best camera settings would be?

2016-6-23
Use props
chiefgeek
lvl.1

United States

that's a great idea, we have fireworks over the lake near where I live here in Nashville, TN.  Hope someone else has shot fireworks and can comment!  
2016-6-23
Use props
Dronin Adventur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399590 ft
United States

Im hopping in on this. My only suggestion would be to turn your red lights off so they don't get in your shot. As for camera settings I have no idea...
2016-6-23
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

interesting... i would assume 400 iso, and then play with your settings, but that's playing and missing good shots.... Another option is to shoot 2.7 or 4K video, then extract the frames...  but if someone did it already, it would be nice to see how....
2016-6-23
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... or-fireworks.45704/
2016-6-23
Use props
dperhac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221555 ft
United States

chiefgeek Posted at 2016-6-23 16:03
that's a great idea, we have fireworks over the lake near where I live here in Nashville, TN.  Hope  ...

Checking in from Murfreesboro, TN!
2016-6-23
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Wait.. I thought FAA doesn't allow flying UAE at night? or fireworks at daytime?
2016-6-23
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-23 21:51
Wait.. I thought FAA doesn't allow flying UAE at night? or fireworks at daytime?

Actually u can if you have anticollision lighting... Personally i think if u r flying in a safe place and definitely below 400, I do not see a point of what they are saying..... But yes, if you want to follow the rules to a dot, then u cannot.
2016-6-24
Use props
Gosling_Dkc
lvl.2

United States

chiefgeek Posted at 2016-6-23 16:03
that's a great idea, we have fireworks over the lake near where I live here in Nashville, TN.  Hope  ...

I actually live in Lebanon! Haha. I was thinking about filming some fireworks here. Not the main fireworks display downtown obviously because there will be too many people. BUT I will shoot some out here. I know this has nothing to do with fireworks.. But I have gotten some GREAT footage near the dam in hermitage. The Percy Priest dam I believe. It's pretty cool to see someone else post on the forum from this area. I don't happen to know really anyone around that flies besides me and a guy that owns a hobby shop.
2016-6-25
Use props
Gosling_Dkc
lvl.2

United States

dperhac Posted at 2016-6-23 22:22
Checking in from Murfreesboro, TN!

Haha just scrolled down and saw another in Murfreesboro! This is awesome. Sorry didn't mean to post about how excited I am in this thread lol. But I do hope someone has some good suggestions as I am wanting to film some of my own fireworks as well!
2016-6-25
Use props
Dronin Adventur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399590 ft
United States

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-23 23:51

Haha, actually in the newly released rules that are supposed to come into affect August, I saw it said "30 min after the official sunset". I also believe that this is  mostly intended for large commercial uses, and also takes into account the amount of light needed for obstacle sensing. If you're just a hobby-er and you fly conservatively I don't see any issues with flying at night. But knowing how vague all the rules are I can be horrificly wrong. If anyone has a website telling me exactly what the rules are in simple english for the US I would sincerely appreciate it.
2016-6-25
Use props
Kevin.Avery
lvl.1

United States

At the 2:15 mark in this video I shot a firework show at a wedding I filmed.

I will check and see what my camera settings were and post them later. Not saying I shot at the correct settings but to give you some perspective.
2016-6-25
Use props
Kevin.Avery
lvl.1

United States

I tried to include a link to YouTube so you could watch in 1080hd. I shot 60fps and slowed the footage down some. I'm not sure if it's HD in the video above.
2016-6-25
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Kevin.Avery@gma Posted at 2016-6-26 12:08
I tried to include a link to YouTube so you could watch in 1080hd. I shot 60fps and slowed the foota ...

It is 1080P, people can switch the resolution.  Thank you for sharing
2016-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules