controller wont talk to drone
1945 7 2016-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ernest.a.mauro
New

United States

We have the Phantom 2 Cannes kit with the FASST T8FGS Controller. They have stopped talking to each other.
Any advice or diagrams to help recalibrate or tell us what the problem is.
Thanks
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello ernest.a.mauro, you can try to relink the drone and RC. Here is the example of linking the original RC and P2.It may be different from 3rd-party RCs: P2对频.JPG
2016-6-23
Use props
DJIDamo
lvl.1

Australia

I have done this repairing procedure many time but my RC still randomly un pairs from my P2. Its sometimes flys for a few minutes before Failsafe mode kicks in and then I fine the RC has Unpaired again. On other occassions after repairing the P2 calibrates and boots up as per normal but almost immediately after launch the P2 failsafes and lands.I have searched far and wife for a fix. The DJI RC assistant software fails to detect my RC when it is plugged in directly vis usb. Yet it will recognise it if I plug the RC inti the computer which is running windows 10.
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DJIDamo Posted at 2016-11-13 10:57
I have done this repairing procedure many time but my RC still randomly un pairs from my P2. Its som ...

Can you verify what your set up is?
2016-11-12
Use props
DJIDamo
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-13 11:09
Can you verify what your set up is?

Yeah sure Jamie.
My drone is a Phantom 2 v3 with zenmuse h3-3d gimble and the standard contoller. I do run FPV with a Immersion RC 5.8 GHz 600Mw TX transmitter and 5.8 GHz 7" Diversity screen LCD+DVR with a DJI mini iOSD in Naza mode.
Have used it for a couple of years with no problems. Traveled recently to Indonesia with no glitches but on return there seems to be this persistent "failsafe" on lift off. Having said that the other day ZI had 3 - 4 minutes of non error flying but on landing and take off the next time on same battery the bird did the usual "failsafe at approx 3 m.
I am running windows 10 but have also tried to calibrate the RC directly on a Windows Vista platform with no luck. The PC seems to recognise that the RC is connected but the RC assistant software refuses to recognise it I have even tried running the exe as an "administrator" but this makes no difference. When I connect the Phantom directly and turn on the RC which is 1m away it sometimes is un paired so I reset it and the Phantom holds a green light below and I am able to calibrate through the Phantom vision 3.8 app and all seems fine.
For clarification I have carried out "Compass calibration" before flight at several different loaction and occassions.

The problem could well be the Pairing between P@ and RC as I constantly have to reset the P@ to pair with RC nearly on every start up!!

I am absolutely baffled.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DJIDamo Posted at 2016-11-14 07:39
Yeah sure Jamie.
My drone is a Phantom 2 v3 with zenmuse h3-3d gimble and the standard contoller. I ...

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you are able to use the Vision app with a Phantom 2? Is there a WiFi module inside the aircraft? If that's the case, then you're most likely getting RC interference from the ImmersionRC VTX.
2016-11-17
Use props
DJIDamo
lvl.1

Australia

Yes mine is a P2 and again I took it out for a fly today. Had to repair the remote and P2 once again as the red light indicator beneath the P@ was red. Reset the red button switch until the remote had paired and all was green for GO. After take off instand failsafe and the remote had un paired again. I tried several attempts before giving in. The Immerssion RC doesn't have any wifi it is a 5.8 radio frequency.
I am baffled and not sure if I should try buying another RC but they don't come cheap. Not many for sale second hand either.
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DJIDamo Posted at 2016-11-27 07:29
Yes mine is a P2 and again I took it out for a fly today. Had to repair the remote and P2 once again ...

If you've already replaced the RC, then it may be an issue with the P2's receiver. That would be another avenue to try.
2016-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules