1234Next >
41194 120 2016-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gmperroth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73238 ft
United States

Bought a phantom 4 and love it but my phone was to small so I went and got a brand new Samsung galaxy tab s2. It is only being used for the drone but I have to unplug and plug back in the USB cable a hundred times before it will finally show connected and let me fly. Once connected everything works great. I've tried with and without debugging on and I get the same results. Would love to see it just connect every time I plug it in. Anyone have any advise?

2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello gmperroth, for Samsung devices, first you need to enable the USB debugging mode and MTP mode. Also, try with different USB cables.
2016-6-23
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Yeah, I've seen this kind of issue before. Probably a 50% failure rate when I connect my Android phone to the RC. It will say not connected.

Do you have any other devices that you can try? If these work, then the issue might be with your phone. If not, try different USB cables.
2016-6-23
Use props
gmperroth
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-24 14:18
Hello gmperroth, for Samsung devices, first you need to enable the USB debugging mode and MTP mode.  ...

I've tried both with debugging on an off also mtp on and off the and pip on and off
2016-6-24
Use props
gmperroth
lvl.1
United States

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-24 15:16
Yeah, I've seen this kind of issue before. Probably a 50% failure rate when I connect my Android pho ...

Tried 5 different USB cables and all work the same and all will connect to my pc
2016-6-24
Use props
maxxxpower1000
New
United States

I just got my P4 and updated the firmware right away. My tab 2 did the same thing I switched to my tab 4 and the problem seems to have gone away. My tab 4 is my main so I'm debating about getting on just for the P4, any thoughts?
2016-6-25
Use props
maxxxpower1000
New
United States

I just got my P4 and updated the firmware right away. My tab 2 did the same thing I switched to my tab 4 and the problem seems to have gone away. My tab 4 is my main so I'm debating about getting on just for the P4, any thoughts?
2016-6-25
Use props
onlymeandyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80141 ft
United Kingdom

I have the 8" Tab 2 and it connects OK. The only thing I can think of is to check to see if the DJI Go App has defaults set. When I use PIX4D or Drone Deploy I have to clear the default App setting each time when I come back to the DJI Go App. Settings > Applications > Default applications > Set as default > find the DJI GO app icon in the list and check that it's got "Set as default" underneath the icon.
When I connect the USB cable after all defaults have been cleared, I get prompted for the App to use (in my case, DJI Go, PiX4D, Drone Deploy). Selecting DJI Go keeps that setting until I clear it again if I want to use the other apps.
2016-6-25
Use props
Xjetman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122044 ft
United States

I just got my P4 yesterday and a new Samsung S2 as well, I did the upgrades right off the bat, I am have the same problem, it takes me 2 or 3 times and then it connects.  What is the correct sequence to turn everything on?  And do I need to wait until everything is on before I plug my tablet into the controller?  Also my DJIgo app comes up with the Insire drone on the screen until it connects then show the P4 screen, that's how I know it is connected. Do I need to reinstall a new app?

New update, it seems to connect when I turn the controller off and on while everything is on, hopefully we can all figure this out, because I like my Samsung S2.
2016-6-25
Use props
Xjetman
lvl.1
United States

onlymeandyd@hot Posted at 2016-6-25 12:38
I have the 8" Tab 2 and it connects OK. The only thing I can think of is to check to see if the DJI  ...

I went through your sequence and did not find the DJI go app icon in my list, all the other apps are there but no DJI, now I am confused and think your are correct in this might be our problem, my problem is that I am not to savvy with computers, how do I get the DJI go app to be recognized in my list of apps?  
2016-6-25
Use props
onlymeandyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Xjetman Posted at 2016-6-26 04:00
I went through your sequence and did not find the DJI go app icon in my list, all the other apps a ...

Xjetman, sorry to ask but what version of DJI Go App have you got installed? If not installed, download version 2.8.1 from the Google Play Store. Read the user manual for more assistance.
Good luck :-)
2016-6-26
Use props
Xjetman
lvl.1
United States

onlymeandyd@hot Posted at 2016-6-26 05:05
Xjetman, sorry to ask but what version of DJI Go App have you got installed? If not installed, dow ...

I went to the google store and it was check as I have it already, the 2.8.1, and I checked the set default again and now it is in my list and says it is now set as default, go figure, it seems weird that it would come up today after I went through the sequence like 15 times yesterday. And don't be sorry I can use all the help I can, I thank you very much for your help.
2016-6-26
Use props
Xjetman
lvl.1
United States

onlymeandyd@hot Posted at 2016-6-25 12:38
I have the 8" Tab 2 and it connects OK. The only thing I can think of is to check to see if the DJI  ...

I just checked the the start up of the P4 and it connected first time, you were right it is the set default, YOU ARE THE MAN!!
2016-6-26
Use props
iAutom8
New

Canada

Xjetman Posted at 2016-6-26 10:00
I just checked the the start up of the P4 and it connected first time, you were right it is the se ...

Still working OK?  I am having similar issues but can't  get to work consistently.  I have to clear the default app setting and reboot.  Then when I plug in Rc it will prompts for app and will load and sometimes connect to p4.  If not it defaults to inpire 1 and nothing. If it does connect great!  However when I exit app, it won't  connect any longer.  I Have to start the process over again.

This is great tablet but sure is making my experience frustrating.  My galaxy  s4 has no issues.

2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Do these devices work well? 兼容列表.JPG
2016-6-26
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Have a Tab2. 9,7"  SM-t815 c.
Trouble in beginning. More trouble in debug mode.
After getting the din app from Europe server all was fine.
2016-6-26
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

thorsten.yachtc Posted at 2016-6-27 12:58
Have a Tab2. 9,7"  SM-t815 c.
Trouble in beginning. More trouble in debug mode.
After getting the di ...

What is din app from Europe?
2016-6-27
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
China

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-27 16:18
What is din app from Europe?

Try to get it (android) from Google play store.

If u cant.. like me..because tab2 bought in china, you look online for AKPure app. Install. Its an app finder. That worked on me good. Updates are provided too.
2016-6-27
Use props
Xjetman
lvl.1
United States

iAutom8 Posted at 2016-6-26 17:14
Still working OK?  I am having similar issues but can't  get to work consistently.  I have to clea ...

No I am still having problems, thought it was fixed but not, it worked all day yesterday with out a hitch and today sucks, it is finicky.  Try just turning off the controller and then back on if it does not set, it seem to connect that way.  
2016-6-27
Use props
Xjetman
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-26 19:56
Do these devices work well?

Not quite sure what your question is Paladin, your list is old and out dated.  New OS are out and the list needs to be updated for new devices and new OS.  A few of the devices on your list are no longer available except maybe used on E-bay, and new buyers of the P4 like myself want the newest devices.  Samsung's are a much preferred devices by some for the ability to sync up to Samsung smart TV's, also Samsung's reliability and reputation.   
2016-6-27
Use props
gmperroth
lvl.1

Bump. Some great info to try here. Hopefully I get a chance to try tomorrow. Thanks for all the responses so far.
2016-6-28
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

My Samsung Tab 4 was doing that when I first got my P3P. Then I read somewhere here to turn on remote, quad, tablet, launch DJI Go app and then plug in the USB cord.
Low and behold after that I've not had any connection issues. Blind arse luck or the solution ....

I'm thinking of upgrading to the Samsung 8" Tab S2 to get a better screen (OLED) and a  faster CPU, although the Tab 4 works fine as long as NOTHING else but DJI Go app is running.
So what do you think of the screen? I'm hoping that the OLED display will be easier to see in bright sunlight than say Apples LED display's ?

2016-6-29
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-27 03:56
Do these devices work well?

When was the last time that list was updated?

Samsung in particular has moved on a lot since the devices stated.
2016-6-29
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

mochorm Posted at 2016-6-29 23:49
My Samsung Tab 4 was doing that when I first got my P3P. Then I read somewhere here to turn on remot ...

I use the Galaxy S2 - bought it for use only with my P3A.

It benefits from using a sun hood, and benefits even more from being fully in the shade while flying.
Be aware that the S2 has an offset micro USB port (it is not dead centre of the end of the tablet) and you might have to perform minor surgery on your sun hood to pass the USB cable through it.

Overall, I love the S2 (particularly it's light weight that helps a lot when mounted on the RC) and it works perfectly with DJI Go ... or has so far, until DJI bloat the app even further and yet more CPU power and RAM is needed - but I think that'll be a few years away yet.
2016-6-29
Use props
gmperroth
lvl.1

Still no luck. I've tried every booting sequence and setting I can think of. Even backdated the drone firmware and updated it again. The only thing I notice is when I connect the tablet to the controller the dji app always switches back to inspire when I have a phantom 4. Don't know if the tablet app thinks I'm connecting and inspire and then can't find it and that's my issue?. But if I unplug and plug back in about 100 times I get lucky and everything connects correctly.
2016-6-29
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
China

gmperroth Posted at 2016-6-30 08:56
Still no luck. I've tried every booting sequence and setting I can think of. Even backdated the dron ...

Hello. I had exact the same on the beginning with my Tab2. But to make sure we talk the same Tab2.. I have a 815. You too?
So I couldn't connect on start.. only some control buttons.. without controlling anything-and a black screen instead the camera.
That's what I had.
I deinstalled the app. And made a cleanup with an other app. By hand I looked for remain folders of the first installation and debited them.
After reboot I took the installation time of the App from a different source than google.play and have permission to install.
After, I changed a bit my procedure of befor.. I swiched on the airplane and the remote and plugged in the usb wire to the Tab2. Then I started the App first time.
If the Phantom 4 is not automatic semester do by hand and then push camera.
That should be work. There should be a pop up with the question of u like to assosiate this action with the app.
I did not switched on the usb debugging.. that gave me massive trouble.
Sins then I had only ones a fail.. the App stalled and the whole Tab2 rebooted. That's happen, off course , when the airplane was on 400I altitude.
But the funny thing is first of all u can fly the airplane must without screen "by hand". If u know the battery is good, just swap to your movie device. I have prepared my Samsung s5 as a backup. Just plug in..start the app... get control to the cam.
And do instantly a RTH. Because on backup is not save to fly. There was a error occurred.
2016-6-29
Use props
Xjetman
lvl.1
United States

mochorm Posted at 2016-6-29 15:49
My Samsung Tab 4 was doing that when I first got my P3P. Then I read somewhere here to turn on remot ...

I have tried many sequences, but now I turn my S2 on while plugged into the the controller, then turn on my quad wait 5 seconds then turn on the controller, the app starts itself coming up with the Inspire screen first then it switches to the P4 screen and I am ready to go.  I think all the tabs work a little different.

If your looking to upgrade to the Samsung S2 T713 model you will love it, the Super AMOLED screen is fantastic, very bright and I have mine on half the brightness, works great, just remember to turn off the auto on the brightness control, and I put a OMOTON screen protector on my S2, it works great, a nice protector.

2016-6-30
Use props
Xjetman
lvl.1
United States

gmperroth Posted at 2016-6-29 17:56
Still no luck. I've tried every booting sequence and setting I can think of. Even backdated the dron ...

gmperroth, try turning your controller off and on again when you get the Inspire screen, if my doesn't connect the first time I do this only one time then it connects, give it a second or 2 and it should connect.  I know frustrating right.   
2016-6-30
Use props
onlymeandyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

mochorm Posted at 2016-6-29 23:49

I'm loving the 8" Tab S2 (SM-T710). Connection is no problem. Display is awesome if a little reflective (so use a shade).
Volume of my flight timer is nice and loud. I have the 32Gb capacity; it's fast and so far, reliable (Android 6.0.1).
2016-7-2
Use props
AndreaTommy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112516 ft
  • >>>
Italy

, for Samsung devices, first you need to enable the USB debugging mode and MTP mode. Also, try with different USB cables.

i have new tab 8 t719 , after enable usb debug and mtp   ,  all is ok
after install and setting tab we need restart tab

2016-7-3
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Canada

Xjetman Posted at 2016-6-30 08:51
I have tried many sequences, but now I turn my S2 on while plugged into the the controller, then tu ...

So I bite the bullet and buy a Samsung Tab S2 T713.
Well now I have the same issue of the device not talking with the usb port/app

It has connected once or twice out of the blue and after the second connection the app stalled and restarted. I've tried all the suggestions here, but no love.
So yup it has a great screen and is fast, but something isn't right so I won't use it to fly until I find out what the actual issue is. I'm guessing it has something to do with all the changes in vr.6 of Android but I'm not a big Android fan so I don't know much about the OS.
It MUST work predicable every time else it's no good to me. At least I have 14 day's to get it working properly before I return for a ipad mini
2016-7-3
Use props
I have a Galaxy Tab A and am having comm issues.  I can get DJI Go to work most of the time, but I'm getting blocked on upgrading the firmware on the P4.  If I boot P4 first, wait for POST  and then boot my Tab A, I auto open 'My Files' which gives me access to the SD card and files, so the connection is working.  If I then open DJI Go so I can do the firmware upgrade, I get the choices of Inspire quads, and the 'How To Connect' link.

Anyone have and then solved this issue?  I have USB Debug enabled, and MTP is on.

Thanks

Ray
2016-7-4
Use props
Xjetman
lvl.1
United States

mochorm Posted at 2016-7-3 11:08
So I bite the bullet and buy a Samsung Tab S2 T713.
Well now I have the same issue of the device  ...

I have never enabled my USB debug or turn on my MTP, this is a waist of time and doesn't work.

I get the best luck by plugging in the S2 T-713 to the controller first, second I turn the S2 on and give it a few seconds for its booting, third I turn on the P4 quad, forth I turn on the controller, at this time it automatically turns on the DJI-go app and comes up with the Inspire screen and it quickly turns to the P4 screen, at this point if it does not turn to P4 screen then go back to main menu on your S2 and then I turn off the controller and turn it back on, I have had great success with this sequence.  I never have to do this more then once, it seems to always sync's.   

I know its frustrating, but it's worth it.
2016-7-4
Use props
Xjetman
lvl.1
United States

rkruse@johngalt Posted at 2016-7-4 06:32
I have a Galaxy Tab A and am having comm issues.  I can get DJI Go to work most of the time, but I'm ...

I have never enabled my USB debug or turn on my MTP, this is a waist of time and doesn't work.

I get the best luck by plugging in the S2 T-713 to the controller first, second I turn the S2 on and give it a few seconds for its booting, third I turn on the P4 quad, forth I turn on the controller, at this time it automatically turns on the DJI-go app and comes up with the Inspire screen and it quickly turns to the P4 screen, at this point if it does not turn to P4 screen then go back to main menu on your S2 and then I turn off the controller and turn it back on, I have had great success with this sequence.  I never have to do this more then once, it seems to always sync's.   

I know its frustrating, but it's worth it
2016-7-4
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Xjetman Posted at 2016-7-4 20:00

I  ...

Hey fried,
I tried your solution and it worked once and I was very happy and then it never worked again.
It is somthing deeper in the android system. Now I cant use my drone because I upgraded to marshmallow...
2016-7-4
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Canada

Xjetman Posted at 2016-7-4 10:59

I  ...

Yes I finally figured out that sequence works for me as well, thank you.
However there has to be a better way than turning off the tablet every time!

2016-7-4
Use props
Xjetman
lvl.1
United States

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-7-4 10:52
Hey fried,
I tried your solution and it worked once and I was very happy and then it never worked  ...

Moshe.mmm, I am using Marshmallow 6.0.1, just try it a few times, it did this to me in the beginning and now it seems to work, I don't know if it is slowly syncing itself or what.  And I don't turn my tablet off I just go back to the main menu so as to let the controller self enable the DJI-go app.

2016-7-4
Use props
Xjetman
lvl.1
United States

mochorm Posted at 2016-7-4 14:31
Yes I finally figured out that sequence works for me as well, thank you.
However there has to be a ...

I don't turn my tablet off I just go back to the main menu so as to let the controller self enable the DJI-go app.
2016-7-4
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Canada

I had it working as you say earlier today, but now it has changed?
Sooo it does work every time in all possible connection scenarios if I just reboot the tablet. Good enough for me as it's a very fast tablet with a very nice display

Sometimes having so called smart devices like the USB port on this Tablet is more trouble than it's worth. The issue as i understand it is the tablet saves data from it's last connection, but some how that information seems to get corrupted either by the tablet or app? Reboot and it has to start from fresh....
2016-7-4
Use props
jloizou.hotmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3815141 ft

i just finished my chat with DJI support and they said to me to do a "linking RC" from the Remote Controller Settings in the DJI GO app.
And the problem is gone!!!!!

UPDATE:
THE PROBLEM IS STILL HERE!!!
2016-8-5
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules