Samsung galaxy tab s2 won't connect in dji go
1234Next >
41250 120 2016-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
john.bellew71
lvl.1

United States

I was having the very same problem with android devises having a hard time connection. I bought a brand new samsung s2, which is on the compatible list, but the app kept crashing and not connecting. I took it back in the mindset of making sure there's no chance of an app being the cause of a crash, and bought an Apple Ipad mini 4. All I can say is "FLAWLESS"!!! So, bite the bullet and buy an Apple product as it's what this was designed for. The app came from the apple store and is rock solid. Instant connect and solid throughout flight.
2016-8-14
Use props
Xjetman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122044 ft
United States

jloizou.hotmail Posted at 2016-8-5 13:45
i just finished my chat with DJI support and they said to me to do a "linking RC" from the Remote Co ...

I know, it didn't work for me either
2016-8-22
Use props
Dr AJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9311 ft
United Kingdom

Return the Samsung and get a cheap ipad mini
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dr AJ Posted at 2016-8-23 05:21
Return the Samsung and get a cheap ipad mini

Or use a device that's on the DJI recommended list.

iOS Version v2.8.7.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.4.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-8-22
Use props
wayland
lvl.1
United States

I have the Tab S2 with 64gigs.  First, DO NOT USE THE INCLUDED WHITE USB CHARGING CABLE TO CONNECT THE RC WITH THE TABLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a great charge cable but NOT a data cable.  Once I replace my cable all of my issues went away.   Second, I always fly with in Airplane mode.  This stops the looking for wifi and updates every few minutes.   Third, I have disabled and removed most of the bloatware that came with the tablet.   I have not had any issues what so ever after doing this.     Best Wishes,  Wayland
2016-8-26
Use props
rahmani
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46791 ft

Iran

i have same problem
look
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2016-8-26
Use props
rahmani
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46791 ft

Iran

by this way i get live stream

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=383106

but tablet must be restart each time i connect usb cable

2016-8-26
Use props
JL Aerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3815141 ft
Greece

Finally it is solved!!!

set the USB debugging mode to RNDIS, not MTP

2016-8-29
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

JL Aerial Posted at 2016-8-29 16:23
Finally it is solved!!!

set the USB debugging mode to RNDIS, not MTP

Nice find.......

Thx
2016-8-31
Use props
timkezlan
New

United States

You the man!!
2016-9-6
Use props
davis.berzinjsh
New

Can you help me.....how to set up RNDIS mode? I have samsung galaxy tab A 9,7"
2016-9-7
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
United States

davis.berzinjsh Posted at 2016-9-7 02:45
Can you help me.....how to set up RNDIS mode? I have samsung galaxy tab A 9,7"

goto settings:about device

repeatedly tap on 'build number' until developer options are unlocked

goto settings:developer options and set/verify the following options
1. USB debugging = OFF
2. USB configuration = RNDIS, note that rebooting device will reset this to default MTP......
Also, I always set device to 'airplane mode' to turn off internal radios.....
2016-9-7
Use props
dave75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had 2 galaxy s2 and they just dont work with phantom 4.  I brought one back , stuck with one.  

I bought ipad mini 2, and tgat works all the time.  No sequence of events neccesary. Just plug in , thats all.

Maybe ine day my s2 will connect more than 1 out of ten times.

You can plug and unplug the ipad mini and it will reconnect immediately and app shows ajrcraft connected.

My s2 defaults to the inspire also
2016-9-14
Use props
dave75
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I bought a cheap galaxy tab a and tgat worked all the time. No issues
2016-9-14
Use props
markhowerton1
lvl.2
United States

I turn on the remote then the P4.  Once their up I plug in the remote and it gives me a choice of DJI Go or Litchi.  If you only select one time the option should come up every time.  I have a Nexus 7 and a Samsung tablet s 10.1 and they both work every time.
2016-9-14
Use props
kitzerow.c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 159026 ft

dave75 Posted at 2016-9-15 04:05
I had 2 galaxy s2 and they just dont work with phantom 4.  I brought one back , stuck with one.  

I ...

Even when I am offline my dji app shows the inspire icon...they need to get this fixed  hurry up
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

kitzerow.c Posted at 2016-9-15 06:18
Even when I am offline my dji app shows the inspire icon...they need to get this fixed  hurry up

Is this while the aircraft and RC are connected to the Go app?
2016-9-14
Use props
kitzerow.c
lvl.1

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-15 07:09
Is this while the aircraft and RC are connected to the Go app?

No not even.  I just installed dji go and I can enter camera view of the inspire nothing else.  All I did was log in  interesting yeah?
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

kitzerow.c Posted at 2016-9-16 09:31
No not even.  I just installed dji go and I can enter camera view of the inspire nothing else.  Al ...

I have seen this happen on occasion. As long as it only occurs when you're offline and not properly connected to your Phantom, then it's fine.
2016-9-15
Use props
gch10
New

Poland

Samsung A5 worked perfectly with APP until you change Android 6. Now does not work.
2016-9-15
Use props
gsteiner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 400594 ft
Uruguay

mjanzou@gmail.c Posted at 2016-9-7 12:18
goto settings:about device

repeatedly tap on 'build number' until developer options are unlocked

Hello all man I have read so much lateley about this issue I'm tired I've been flying my Phantom 3 Advanced since October last yeat with my phone Samsung Galaxy S5 and its been great so far never had any issues just wanted a bigger screen so I just bought the Galaxy S2 Tab 8'' model SM-713 with Android 6.0.1 I think and I havent being able to connect til I so this post right here and It works but I havent flown it it sort of scare now.
Why does it have to be such a pain with this awsome tablet.

Now is there a way to make the tablet stay on that RNDiS mode forever??? so dont have to go back and change it everytime you want to go flying???

Awsome find!!!!
2016-9-17
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
United States

gsteiner Posted at 2016-9-17 14:44
Hello all man I have read so much lateley about this issue I'm tired I've been flying my Phantom 3 ...

It should stick until you reboot the tablet, with my p4 it does......
2016-9-17
Use props
kitzerow.c
lvl.1

mjanzou@gmail.c Posted at 2016-9-18 11:13

Thanks for the help  I'll give this a try..
2016-9-18
Use props
gsteiner
lvl.1
Uruguay

mjanzou@gmail.c Posted at 2016-9-18 00:13

But is there a way to set the tablet on that mode? so everytime you plug your drone tablet and radio you dont have to go into all that to make it work???
2016-9-18
Use props
gsteiner
lvl.1
Uruguay

gsteiner Posted at 2016-9-18 20:59
But is there a way to set the tablet on that mode? so everytime you plug your drone tablet and rad ...

Been reading some and has anyone tried to downgrade their tablets or phones from Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow to 5.0 Lolipo ???? My Galaxy S5 phone has 5.0 and havent had any problems I'm thinking the problem here its not the tablets but the Android Version sont you think???
2016-9-19
Use props
jctarvin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Updated Galaxy S (TM-800) to Marshmallow this morning. Took P4 out to fly. Started with Litchi, Tab S rebooted in flight. a
After landing, couldn't switch to DJI Go. Scoured this site. Here's my solution to switching apps:

1. Must force stop the app
2. Must clear default app
3. Tablet can be on and connected to controller
4. Start P4 and let it do it's little dance.
5. Turn on RC. App choice appears.
6. Select app.

Have turned on USB debugging and set USB mode to MTP. Don't know if this will stop the reboot issue, but having that happen is not acceptable.

Hope this helps someone else!
2016-9-25
Use props
maxya
New

Germany

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (2016) LTE 32Gb Black (SM-T819NZKE) doesn't work well
Helps only reboot a Tab S2 after connected to RC.
It works to disconnect the cable

Programmers are planning to fix it?
2016-9-27
Use props
yuhuangwang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164925 ft
Taiwan

It's a "Unknown sources" security issue on Android, not relevant to USB debugging on Android or Linking RC on the controller.
Before connecting to P4 with Tab S2 via DJI Go at first time, turn on "Unknown sources" in Settings/Lock screen and security on your Tab S2. Then, it should work following the normal procedure. Next time, you don't have to turn on "Unknown sources" to connect P4. It is a one-time setting.
2016-10-8
Use props
yuhuangwang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164925 ft
Taiwan

It's a "Unknown sources" security issue on Android, not relevant to USB debugging on Android, USB cables, or Linking RC on the controller.
Before connecting to P4 with Tab S2 via DJI Go at first time, turn on "Unknown sources" in Settings/Lock screen and security on your Tab S2. Then, it should work following the normal procedure. Next time, you don't have to turn on "Unknown sources" to connect P4. It is a one-time setting.
2016-10-8
Use props
VMAdigital
lvl.1
Flight distance : 851791 ft
Greece

SAMSUNG S2 TABLET...STEPS

1. Connect your USB to RC & to tablet.

2. Turn on tablet.

3. Go to SETTINGS -APPLICATIONS - APPLICATION MANAGER - DJI GO - Set as default - and than press "CLEAR DEFAULTS "

This are MUST steps (first part)

Now,close everything and go to main screen of your tablet.

Turn ON your RC and now ( this is very important !!!) there should be pop up menu with question which application you want to choose for USB connections. You have to choose DJI GO...

After this steps, your DJI GO applications will open, TURN ON your PHANTOM 4 (in my case) and you will be connected...

So, if this doesn't help, just close everything and repeat this steps one more time... Belive me, it works.

But, if doesn't work again, please notice that FOR SURE you have problem with USB cable, trust me. So, just change USB cable and repeat the steps.
To be sure that you have the right cable, notice the small sign for USB on the right upper side of your screen... it should show to you like the process of charging...

This steps will help you, believe me...

KEEP DRONING !!!
2016-10-12
Use props
dave75
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

VMAdigital Posted at 2016-10-12 23:02
SAMSUNG S2 TABLET...STEPS

1. Connect your USB to RC & to tablet.

I sold my Galaxy S2 and lost $100 bucks.  I dont care, Androids do not work well with DJI Go app.  I have an Apple Ipad 4 Mini works fine.   No sequence of events and special formula for connecting.  Same with my new Iphone 6 Plus.  Just plug in and go.  
2016-10-31
Use props
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 884259 ft
Australia

I'm having the same issue, since getting my drone back from a warranty repair its unflyable but was working fine before i sent it to DJI (issue was the very common cracking around rotors)

I have tried 2 different android phones and 2 different iPhone devices. I have run through a half dozen cables. Reinstalled the software 100 times and followed all the reconnecting instructions with no luck.
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

gavin.gillett@b Posted at 2016-11-1 13:27
I'm having the same issue, since getting my drone back from a warranty repair its unflyable but was  ...

You upgraded the remote firmware to V1.8.0 then it cannot connect to your mobile device, right?
Have you tried to re-link it with the method I've mentioned?
Press C1+C2+Recording button at the same time, then press camera settings dial, after hearing a sound, please press the link button with a pin.
2016-10-31
Use props
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Australia

Yep, i have reconnected it using that method a dozen times. It links, goes green, the lights on the drone flash green as if its ready to fly. But i get no signal to the app, no picture no drone or battery information. I can however manipulate the drones camera by using the left side gimble and the sticks to turn the drone make the camera lean one way or another. But again, the app says disconnected and shows no picture or information.

The remote is no longer telling me what firmware its running because it needs the app to do that. All i can tell you was that it was up to date when it went in for repair. Between going in for repair and coming back to me you released a newer version of firmware that i updated to before attempting to fly the drone once it got back from repairs. The drone has been unflyable since returning from warranty repairs but i believe the issue is software and if someone can tell me how to factory reset the drone and controller i will do that  and start from a software start point.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

gavin.gillett@b Posted at 2016-11-1 17:30
Yep, i have reconnected it using that method a dozen times. It links, goes green, the lights on the  ...

Sorry about the trouble, the drone cannot be factory reset, while we could reset the remote by press C1+C2+Shutter at the same time, meanwhile turn it off and on again.
2016-11-1
Use props
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-1 17:36
Sorry about the trouble, the drone cannot be factory reset, while we could reset the remote by pre ...

No amount of turning it on and off again will help its a software disconnect. I can basically do everything with my drone. I can move the camera, i can start the motors, i can even fly the drone but nothing is coming through the app. No camera signal, no information from the drone, batteries or RC. Apart from that the drone flies and records video you just cant see what your recording.

Natalia, you can see their are hundreds of threads just like this one all over the internet since the latest firmware update but it seems like users such as VMAdigital are offering better support than "just turn it off and on again" the DJI support is basic and not working.

Could DJI please tell us what the issue is with their software and let us know how long it might be until they have patched it?
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

gavin.gillett@b Posted at 2016-11-1 18:00
No amount of turning it on and off again will help its a software disconnect. I can basically do e ...

Really understand how frustrated it must be.
Would you please post a screenshot here about what it's showing on the APP?
Maybe you could try to unplug pin cables attached to the gimbal, wait for a while, then plug in tightly again.
You could also format the SD card.
Besides, may I know your previous RMA number?
2016-11-1
Use props
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Australia

What would unplugging the gimble achieve if the issue is with the app? The gimble and drone seem to be working fine.
I have formatted the SD card a few times now. Uninstalling and reinstalling the software doesn't help.

How is it possible that DJI would make it so you cant roll back its shitty software? Why would any company deliberately not have a factory reset button?

case#: {CAS-281324-W0C4S8}

This is a photo that might not help at all but if you follow the link to my photobucket page there are 10 more photos and 2 videos there.
2016-11-1
Use props
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Australia

2016-11-1
Use props
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Australia

P.S. hitting download does nothing, the app just makes a faint laughing sound every time i hit the button.
2016-11-1
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules