Samsung galaxy tab s2 won't connect in dji go
1234Next >
41228 120 2016-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user925d0fac0f
New

Russia

Hello. I have Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 T819 and Phantom 4. I tried many USB cables, tried all possible ways specified at forums, but could not force it to work with DJI GO. There is no Communication! When at last the appendix will start working normally with Android Devices? There is an impression that there is DJI and Apple arrangement that there was a normal support only for their devices. And it already reason for the address to antimonopoly service USA. Or at DJI illiterate programmers writing appendices for Android!       
2016-11-3
Use props
user925d0fac0f
New

Russia

The yesterday's DJI GO updating that did not change, on former is not present connection.       
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

user925d0fac0f Posted at 2016-11-3 19:49
Hello. I have Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 T819 and Phantom 4. I tried many USB cables, tried all possible  ...

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Have you tried to change another mobile to link with the RC?
We want to rule out if it's an issue with the Tab or the RC itself.
2016-11-4
Use props
gillge00
New
United States

I have found that to get my Tab S2 to connect every time. Turn on P4, turn on Tab with cable connected. Go to settings and USB configure set to RNDIS and immediately turn on the controller. It will then connect. if you wait to long to turn on controller it will switch back to MTP.
2016-11-22
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-27 12:56
Do these devices work well?

.. I use a Google Nexus 11 a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and a Samsung Galaxy 9.7" S2 tablet and they all work well.
2016-11-22
Use props
fansea8dde1e
lvl.2

United States

My uncle has same problem ,he bought his a week ago with s2 tablet , sometimes it works after jumping many hoops and restarting....

Has anyone figured out yet?
Help please

Thank you
2016-11-25
Use props
Driller35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

fansea8dde1e Posted at 2016-11-26 07:41
My uncle has same problem ,he bought his a week ago with s2 tablet , sometimes it works after jumpin ...

Have a Samsung Galaxy tab s2 t715 , working fine with supplied cable on all latest apps , but like everyone else it seems, get the green video pixalation hopefully with next update it fixes
2016-11-27
Use props
fanse7fbeb63
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansea8dde1e Posted at 2016-11-25 19:41
My uncle has same problem ,he bought his a week ago with s2 tablet , sometimes it works after jumpin ...

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. When the marshmallow version 6 Android update was applied, I had difficulty connecting DJI GO to the RC. What I finally figured out, first start the RC, next start the Phantom 4, and finally boot up the Samsung Tab A from off with the cable connected. This works every time.
Marty
2016-11-27
Use props
fansb72fe2d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101716 ft
United States

fanse7fbeb63 Posted at 2016-11-27 07:12
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. When the marshmallow version 6 Android update was applied, I had dif ...

I am having the same problem with my tab A, ever since update to Marshmallow it doesn't connect correctly. I have tried drone first then controller then app, tried controller, drone then app, tried app controller, drone all seem to not work. It only connects after plugging and unplugging numerous times from the Tablet. I have all the latest updates on app and drone. It worked fine until the marshmallow update version 6. My Samsung note 5 it works fine with
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb72fe2d6 Posted at 2016-12-2 11:08
I am having the same problem with my tab A, ever since update to Marshmallow it doesn't connect co ...

I believe the Tab A only has 1.5 GB of Ram, that's really not enough to processing power for the GO app to fully function.
Please try one of the devices on the DJI recommended list.

os: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-12-2
Use props
fansb72fe2d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101716 ft
United States

I was having same problem with my Tab A, downloaded the DJI GO 4 app and now seems to work?
2016-12-3
Use props
lensation
New

Netherlands

Hi. I tried to use my Samsung S2 with the P4 and had the same problems. Tried all options you guys mentioned, tried all sequences, nothing helped. Strange thing: DJI Go app worked fine with my Note 5. I looked for different settings in both my S2 and Note5. I noticed the 'USB debugging' (in Developer options) on my S2 was ON. In my Note5 it was OFF. After turning it OFF on my S2 and restarting the S2 it was working fine, using the sequence 1. Plug in S2, 2. Turn on P4, 3. Turn on remote. I tried it several times for several days now and it keeps working OK.
2016-12-14
Use props
Hunua Guy
lvl.1

New Zealand

lensation Posted at 2016-12-15 05:33
Hi. I tried to use my Samsung S2 with the P4 and had the same problems. Tried all options you guys mentioned, tried all sequences, nothing helped. Strange thing: DJI Go app worked fine with my Note 5. I looked for different settings in both my S2 and Note5. I noticed the 'USB debugging' (in Developer options) on my S2 was ON. In my Note5 it was OFF. After turning it OFF on my S2 and restarting the S2 it was working fine, using the sequence 1. Plug in S2, 2. Turn on P4, 3. Turn on remote. I tried it several times for several days now and it keeps working OK.

Hi, have the same issue with my P4 and Samsung S2. Only workaround that works every time is to;
Power up the Quad.
Plug the USB into the Tablet ensuring tablet is powered down.
Turn on the RC
THEN powering up the tablet.
It's all a bit ponderous but works every time.
2016-12-14
Use props
Mike
New
Flight distance : 294446 ft
Australia

Its a Samsung software issue. To activate the camera on the tablet,  1.        Turn on drone 2.        Turn on rc  3.        Plug in rc to tablet THEN 4.        Power up the tablet from scratch That’s the only time when the tablet will recognise the drone camera
2016-12-17
Use props
Mike
New
Australia

Its a Samsung software issue. To activate the camera on the tablet,  1. Turn on drone 2.        Turn on rc  3.        Plug in rc to tablet THEN 4.        Power up the tablet from scratch That’s the only time when the tablet will recognise the drone camera
2016-12-17
Use props
Mike
New
Australia

Its a Samsung software issue. To activate the camera on the tablet,  1.  Turn on drone 2.  Turn on rc  3.  Plug in rc to tablet THEN 4.  Power up the tablet from scratch. That’s the only time when the tablet will recognise the drone camera.
2016-12-17
Use props
fans9c6e8edb
New
United States

Mike @ 5255 Posted at 2016-12-17 16:49
Its a Samsung software issue. To activate the camera on the tablet,  1.  Turn on drone 2.  Turn on rc  3.  Plug in rc to tablet THEN 4.  Power up the tablet from scratch. That’s the only time when the tablet will recognise the drone camera.

I have the S2 8" T713 and I get same results as you.   

However  I've found all I really needed to do was have the tablet and RC connected with USB cable and powered on, and then do a REBOOT of the tablet.  If its your first time, you'll be ask to make DJI Go your default when connected to USB.  check "don't ask again" and Yes.      You can turn on your drone anytime, doesn't seem to make any difference.
After the tablet reboots it will load DJI GO and provide a link to Camera,  (note if the background color of the Camera button is dark blue you are good to go )   If the background color of the camera button is grey, turn the drone ON (should turn to blue).   If you continue with grey button you'll not have a video feed from drone.    All else fails, simply reboot the tablet, leaving everything connected and powered on.   
Some additional notes,   I never had much luck with the USB debugging mods.  However before i zeroed in on a repeatable process, on occasion after I plugged in the USB cable I'd get a message popup on tablet that there was a firmware mismatch and if I'd like to update.   The times I answered yes resulted in me getting no where and always meant I had to uninstall and reinstall DJI GO  to get things to a least start working again.  
2017-1-22
Use props
b1i5
New

United States

My Galaxy Tab S works just fine with a Phantom 3 Standard.  No problem with set-up, or operation of the drone.
2017-2-13
Use props
b1i5
New

United States

Samsung Tab S works fine with my Phantom 3 Standard.  No problem connecting, or operating the drone.
2017-2-13
Use props
Spikemeister
lvl.1

Canada

I have the tab 2 sm-t713 with the 3 advanced and have the same issue.... I can get it to connect after a couple of attempts.... But my main concern is.... Once connected does the connection ever drop??? I don't mind playing to get it connected just don't want the connection dropped once I'm in the air??? Anyone lose connection with either dji go or litchi once you're in the air?..
2017-2-14
Use props
Darren G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 504564 ft

Canada

What I found to work with a DJI Phantom 4 and a Samsung Tab S2 (SM-T813) is to power things up however you like. It may make a difference in some way how you do it, but the "fix" will work as far as I've been able to tell, every time.

You need to enable Developer Options on the tablet. Go to the Settings menu and then tap on About Device.

Tap on "Software Info" and you will see "About Device". Quickly tap it several times. As you tap it, it should indicate how many more taps are required to enable the Developer Options.

Once they are enabled, tap on the Developer Options and scroll down till you see "USB Mode"

Change it to RNDIS

You DO NOT have to enable debugging mode.

The catch is, if you don't have everything connected and running it will automatically switch back to the default mode if you take too long and the app won't connect. Just change the settings again and it will connect. Worst case, close the app, restart the app and then change the settings.

So far I've tested it a number of times, and when the app doesn't automatically connect, I just swipe down to access the settings, and change the USB Mode, then it automatically connects.

I don't know why DJI can't figure this out and at least post a description and solution on their website, or better yet, fix their software code!
2017-2-25
Use props
fans06928933
lvl.1
Australia

I find if i 1. plug in the usb to rc and tablet 2.turn on rc then 3. turn on tablet   I get a connection every time  something to do with tablet optimising cache space to connected devices i think
2017-3-22
Use props
fans06928933
lvl.1
Australia

Xjetman Posted at 2016-7-4 08:59
I have never enabled my USB debug or turn on my MTP, this is a waist of time and doesn't work.

I get the best luck by plugging in the S2 T-713 to the controller first, second I turn the S2 on and give it a few seconds for its booting, third I turn on the P4 quad, forth I turn on the controller, at this time it automatically turns on the DJI-go app and comes up with the Inspire screen and it quickly turns to the P4 screen, at this point if it does not turn to P4 screen then go back to main menu on your S2 and then I turn off the controller and turn it back on, I have had great success with this sequence.  I never have to do this more then once, it seems to always sync's.   

Try turning off your Tablet ,plug in and turn on your RC then restart your tablet    Works for me every time
2017-3-28
Use props
fans12b0cec5
New

Canada

I have a P4 pro and love it, but my samsung tab s2 just won't connect, no matter what I do, anyone have a resolution or reason why this is happening?
2017-4-25
Use props
Nevillejp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 703684 ft
New Zealand

Why do so many people have a problem with the Samsung Tab S2? I have one and never had a problem, did nothing but plug it in and works every time, nothing I do will stop it working, usb debugging on OR off, start the S2 AC RC in any order it just works.
2017-4-25
Use props
fans4e9317d8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5728 ft
United States

Nevillejp Posted at 2017-4-25 11:54
**** The author has been banned or deleted automatically shield ****

La-te-da, everyone MUST be doing something wrong...NOT, DJI's just getting lazy
2017-6-9
Use props
fansac75e5ba
New
Brazil

I think this is absurd.
This issue has been known for a long time and nobody talks about it. Both DJI and Samsung.
This problem occurs in version 6 and 7 of android and unfortunately I bought a s2 tab here in Brazil. I paid almost 700 dollars (taxes in Brazil kill me) on a device that does not work for what I want.
I have Phantom 4 pro and mavic pro and both have the same problem with S2 8.0. I paid more than 2,500 dollars in P4P and almost 2,000 dollars in mavic pro (tax killing me again) and from what I have been following in the forums, this problem is not specific to my model sm-t719y (Brazil).It is time for this problem to be solved at once For all, because I did not buy these equipments to be doing sequence of turning on and off or connecting and disconnecting cables.
2017-6-21
Use props
HWatson
New
United Kingdom

user925d0fac0f Posted at 2016-11-3 03:49
Hello. I have Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 T819 and Phantom 4. I tried many USB cables, tried all possible ways specified at forums, but could not force it to work with DJI GO. There is no Communication! When at last the appendix will start working normally with Android Devices? There is an impression that there is DJI and Apple arrangement that there was a normal support only for their devices. And it already reason for the address to antimonopoly service USA. Or at DJI illiterate programmers writing appendices for Android!

I think this is a software issue with Samsung not Android!! In which case maybe DJI will never resolve it because its only a select few tablets with the problem!! I have the P4Pro and have been trying everything for the last few months to get it to work with my Tab S2 9.7" T819 (cell version) - I also have a Nvidia Shield and that just works!! I will never buy an apple product - its a personal choice lol.

Now with the Android 7 Nougat - still No Luck!! However I thought I would try a Factory Reset on the Tablet. Woowwwww - reset a few times, installed Go 4, loaded it, logged in etc then the sequence!! Turn on P4, Make sure Tablet is OFF and connected to controller with cable. Turn on RC and make sure it connects to P4. When you see the battery % for charging the tablet Turn on the tablet. Voila, it connects first time every time and I can even switch off the P4 to change batteries!! However its a cold boot on the tablet every time I reconnect to the controller! But it works perfect and OMG the screen is so beautiful to use - you get full maps working and the radar at the same time! Amazing, and the tablet is quick to boot from cold in under 1 minute - nothing for the advantages!!

As said, it seems to be a software issue with the usb port and Im not sure it will ever get fixed as the S2 is now out of date haha!! Also my S7 Edge+ and new S8+ just work as well no issues!! I dont believe its a DJI issue as it works on so many other samsung devices without problems! Factory Reset - use the sequence and you may find it works!! I tried everything before and nothing worked even once - now its every time!!

Hope this Helps someone!

Regards,
2017-7-5
Use props
orgbluewater
lvl.1
Flight distance : 503107 ft
Venezuela

I think this is absurd.
This issue has been known for a long time and nobody talks about it. Both DJI and Samsung.  i have smt 813  galaxy tab s2 .
2017-7-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Darren G Posted at 2017-2-25 13:21
What I found to work with a DJI Phantom 4 and a Samsung Tab S2 (SM-T813) is to power things up however you like. It may make a difference in some way how you do it, but the "fix" will work as far as I've been able to tell, every time.

You need to enable Developer Options on the tablet. Go to the Settings menu and then tap on About Device.

The best solution so far!   I have no problem flying my P4 standard, using the Galaxy Tab S2 8" running Android 7 (Nougat). The pain was  always the initial step of getting the tablet and the RC to talk to eachother.  Clearing defaults helped, and I can usually get things going after about 5 minutes of fiddling about.  But rebooting the tablet was the tip that improved matters - thanks!
By the way, I have not done the recent upgrades, and no way will I do so. The tablet remains in Airplane mode with WiFi off permanently.  I want to make sure I can keep flying
2017-7-22
Use props
wpb52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294029 ft
Germany

@ Post #83 DJI Mindy:
Have you tried to change another mobile to link with the RC?
We want to rule out if it's an issue with the Tab or the RC itself.

Yes and I figured out differences between Samsung Tab 2 8" versions T715 and T719.
T715 works with latest SW on P4P and Mavic after clearing defaults in Settings-Apps. Stopping the Go4 App I can switch to Go for P3P and back and vice versa.
T719 has a timing issue with starting the RC. Here it depends on something but post #84 and #101 show a way thats reliable:

>>Change the USB configuration to RNDIS<<  and RC is everytime connected to the tablet.
>>USB in default MTP Mode most times fails.

Maybe DJI can set a delay in before loading the accu of the tablet-device. The trick setting USB to RNDIS Mode will cause a delay and so allow the SW to connect.

Hope on an answer from DJI

GrüÜüsse
Wolfgang

2017-8-22
Use props
jezzab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3 ft
Australia

I have a S2 Tab SM-T713 and had the same issues. Was all about timing. I loaded Linage OS on it instead of the Samsung bloatware and now can plug in the USB at any time, no issues
2017-8-22
Use props
wpb52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294029 ft
Germany

Hi again

Hi Admin

Yes we have difficulties...
We're running 3x P4P with Samsung Tab 2 - worked well for about the last half a year.
Beginning in JULY we got that same and current issues.
Tablet, RC and P4P do not connect.
If you look at my post above - that's only half the truth (or solution).

Hi all
forget my proposed solution for a moment because

After all that reinstalling and testing - we tried it again only few ours later without success.
OK it happens... step by step up and down again...
We found a procedure to get it go but it has to be proved with our other devices before I start a new thread - and link it to this thread.
wpb...
2017-8-29
Use props
BLUEWATER
New

Venezuela

I do not know you but I still have problems

I think this is absurd.
This issue has been known for a long time and nobody talks about it. Both DJI and Samsung.  i have smt 813  galaxy tab s2 .

I don't know why DJI can't figure this out and at least post a description and solution on their website, or better yet, fix their software code!
2017-9-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Xjetman Posted at 2016-7-4 13:47
Moshe.mmm, I am using Marshmallow 6.0.1, just try it a few times, it did this to me in the beginning and now it seems to work, I don't know if it is slowly syncing itself or what.  And I don't turn my tablet off I just go back to the main menu so as to let the controller self enable the DJI-go app.

Are you able to update your O/S from Marshmallow 6  to Nougat 7 ?   This resolved largely, the problem for me.  On Samsung Galaxy Tab S2  8" display.  I still clear the SET AS DEFAULT  in Apps each time I boot
up from cold. And making sure the tablet and the RC are fully charged before starting definitely helps.I'm using the DJI Go4 App with my standard Phantom 4
2017-9-26
Use props
fans1e1f27da
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97080 ft
Slovakia

I bought samsung s2 on this Christmas. I am surprised that the problem is 8 months old !!! Really  ? DJI & Samsung do nothing ?
2017-12-26
Use props
kissmybrass
lvl.2
United States

greetings fellow dronist
                                                i am in the same Samsung galaxy tab s-2 8" hell as the rest. this kid figured out a work around. i dont see posted here yet. this is a samsung problem and it happens on litchi and djigo4

this works for me and i have found if i shut down the tablet with litchi running it will connect next time i start it.  just hitting restart does not work for me i have to shut it down then restart i have contacted samsung and they do not seem interested. not enough people to address the problem. so tomorrow i am going to the local geek and getting my tablet rooted. this voids the warrenty so be aware of that if you chose this option. if i find a permanent fix i will post it. good luck.
2017-12-27
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

It's Time for DJI to fix #1 The Dodgy Updates and Firmware they keep putting out...... #2 The recommended Device list they keep showing us has Devices that are from 5 years to 10 years old. The only place that you find these Devices is like on Ebay buying used devices still running 5 year old or better OS's  and IOS's. It is far long over due for DJI to address their out of Date Device list and make their product(s) work with up to to date devices and operating systems of today. One would think with the money they have rolled in that they would stay up to date with todays Operating Systems. It is their problem to fix the incompatibility problems everyone is having. Whats it going to take one of our birds to go out of control and smash into a windshield of a moving vehicle killing an entire family on the road somewhere. And who's fault would that actually be the operators Fault  or DJI's Buggy Faulty out of date compatibility and update/firmware problems. They are well aware of the problems but here we sit trying to find out of date devices to fly drones with buggy firmware updates that only bring up new and more problems.  The check list of try a new cord, what device are you using, are you on the up to date APP, Version on the RC, The AC, Battery glitches, where is it going to stop?
2017-12-27
Use props
OGR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 342831 ft
Russia

Installed yesterday Lineage15.1. Works fine, USB can be inserted and removed as many as desired. I will test further.
2018-9-5
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

I bought the 9.7" S2 SM-T810 because it had the brightest screen of all the tablets at the time and was a DJI supported tablet.

Then couple of iterations ago of the GO app it just got too unreliable, and I was getting warnings that the GO app was not optimized for this device when I would reinstall it.  I tried some of the hacks mentioned here, USB, airplane mode etc.  and it was still shutting the app down in mid flight and would not reconnect. This was very disconcerting when I could not see the Phantom and had to use RTH a couple of times.  After a reboot of the tablet I could reconnect sometimes, but when the aircraft is a long ways away and the GO app just quits you don't always have time to do that, and last few times it would not reconnect.

Went and picked up a iPad mini 4 from Costco, works good, no app crashes yet.  Spent $500+ on a tablet I got about a years worth of use out of. Also had just purchased the litchi app for it, so more money wasted.
2018-9-20
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules