Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Future Gimbal Attachments?
1749 5 2015-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kietzmanbc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 318205 ft
Canada

My mind wanders so far while waiting for my Inspire 1 to arrive

I see that there are a few snippets of information here and there from DJI referring to future "attachments" for teh Inspire. Does anyone have an idea of anything in the works?

Some cool Ideas:

1) An infrared/thermal Camera would be an interesting application (Search and rescue)
2) 3D Camera for recording/building topography models

Any other Ideas?

2015-1-22
Use props
pidetectives.em
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Attachment for go pro or Similar camara.
2015-1-22
Use props
theworstcase
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1407589 ft
Germany

I would be happy if they created a camera that shoots decent stills. my DNG files are less sharper than 4k video screenshots :-(
A camera module with the sony rx100 III chip and optics would be close to perfect.
2015-1-23
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn't be surprised to see DJI publish specs for connecting third-party devices to let the market innovate on attachments. It would create a third party ecosystem around the Inspire (and future products) that would extend their market reach.
2015-1-23
Use props
jaybee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 586201 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

theworstcase Posted at 2015-1-23 22:56
I would be happy if they created a camera that shoots decent stills. my DNG files are less sharper t ...

DNG files are like RAW files, you need to sharpen them in post. The video is auto sharpened, much like a GoPro does when not using ProTune.
2015-1-23
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I prefer shooting in DNG and find that the results are very sharp after I have run them through Lightroom for processing.
2015-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules