Flys off when input yaw
642 6 2016-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sharplkei
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi. Total newbie. First flight today with P2 facing away from me, GPS ok, compass ok. Practice take off and land, fly left and right, fly right square then left all fine. bring back to front and hover, then input yaw anticlockwise 90degree (pointing it to the left) and it then flys off in that direction. turn using the yaw back to point away from me and it returns to the start hover point. any advice appreciated, probably something i'm doing wrong. I did not have the vision app on so not sure now many satelites it locked on to. I was only really practicing flying it.

Thanks in advance

2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Can you do a stick calibration, IMU calibration, and compass calibration and see if it still persists.
2016-6-24
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Hook it up to the Vision Assistant to see if there are any obvious faults (like verify it's in mode 2).  Then run a calibration on the IMU and controller.
2016-6-24
Use props
sharplkei
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks DJI ken and Gil. I have just done a IMU calibration values seem to be nearly zero now, they were larger before calibration. Also checked the controller stick centering (which was fine and didn't need calibration). I will try it again when next out to fly as it's gone a bit windy here in South Wales in the UK. Again many thanks guys
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

sharplkei@gmail Posted at 2016-6-24 23:28
Thanks DJI ken and Gil. I have just done a IMU calibration values seem to be nearly zero now, they w ...

If all is ok and after another good compass calibration and it still does it then I would contact support.
2016-6-24
Use props
sharplkei
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-24 16:45
If all is ok and after another good compass calibration and it still does it then I would contact  ...

Hi DJI Ken. Flown it today after doing a IMU calibration and all is fine now no fly off when yaw is used.
Many thanks for the advise.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sharplkei@gmail Posted at 2016-6-27 21:44
Hi DJI Ken. Flown it today after doing a IMU calibration and all is fine now no fly off when yaw i ...

Good to hear, just some good calibrations was all it needed.
2016-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules