1234Next >
7043 130 2016-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
Captain
Australia

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 13:57
I'm in the US. If I don't have luck with DJI I'll go somewhere else. Technically if they don't hon ...

It doesn't matter where you are, you are completely at the mercy of DJI in this situation. So just be nice and play the game and you might get another aircraft.

Threatening to sue them will only piss them off and you will get nothing. You might like to read up on what the warranty covers here: http://www.dji.com/service

2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020
lvl.2

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-25 12:09
It doesn't matter where you are, you are completely at the mercy of DJI in this situation. So just ...

It actually does matter where I am. If you sell product is another country you are bound by their rules.
2016-6-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 14:34
It actually does matter where I am. If you sell product is another country you are bound by their  ...

Yes and no, but try sueing a Chinese company using US lawyers. They would laugh in your face, because US law has no power in China, nor many other parts of the world.
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-25 12:52
Yes and no, but try sueing a Chinese company using US lawyers. They would laugh in your face, becau ...

Yes but I could sue them in small claims. This court doesn't normally have lawyers. I would only have to pay $25 to make a claim of $1500. They would have to send a US rep.
2016-6-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 15:48
Yes but I could sue them in small claims. This court doesn't normally have lawyers. I would only h ...

You miss the point, China does not recognise US law, and it has no effect in China. Look I am not going to argue with you over this, sueing them will never happen, just be a good boy/girl/whatever, give them what they ask and you may be looked after.
2016-6-24
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-25 11:43
Good, remind me to employ you the next time I need a lawyer. And in Australia, if you took it back  ...

Hi Geebax,
What a strange attitude towards me, I,m only trying to help someone with advice and what I WOULD do.
If you dont like what I say can you please direct it to the OP and not me.
2016-6-24
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Issy, from what I've read so far you have been civil, polite, and prepared to accept blame for the loss of your craft should the log have indicated that was the case.  In my (admittedly limited) experience that will get you a long way with DJI, and shouting and making threats will do the opposite.  Regardless of what anyone else says, including me, you should do what feels right to you.

Maybe someone on here can offer a way to find/recover the logs on your device so you can upload them to DJI? That sounds like a good first step to me.  Which device are you using with your P4?
2016-6-25
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 07:51
Ok thanks for your help! I have already provided the log to support! In your opinion does it look l ...

I'm not DJI so I can't speak for them but I have seen a few others with similar symptoms get replaced.
Good luck.
2016-6-25
Use props
issyrocks2020
lvl.2

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-25 18:41
I'm not DJI so I can't speak for them but I have seen a few others with similar symptoms get repla ...

Ticket still processing, what's the avgerage wait time?
2016-6-25
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-25
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-6-25
Use props
issyrocks2020
lvl.2

IIIDaemon Posted at 2016-6-26 04:17
...issyrocks2020, you if you don't mind could you answer a few questions for me, I'm assuming you  ...

1. Amazon
2. Jun 11 2016
3. (I assume you mean version it came with) Unknown
4. v1.1.410
5. I don't know why you need this nor do I want to put it out in public
2016-6-25
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-6-25
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-6-25
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-6-25
Use props
issyrocks2020
lvl.2

IIIDaemon Posted at 2016-6-26 04:44
...issyrocks2020, the CSV from Healthy Drones shows a Motor Obstructed at the moment it supposedly ...

Already reported, waiting for support
2016-6-25
Use props
issyrocks2020
lvl.2

IIIDaemon Posted at 2016-6-26 05:08
...issyrocks2020, i'll try to explain it to you like i've tried to explain it to several other o ...

Dang dude why so mad? You aren't entitled to my serial number.
2016-6-25
Use props
jstjohnz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1146388 ft
United States

IIIDaemon Posted at 2016-6-25 16:44
...issyrocks2020, the CSV from Healthy Drones shows a Motor Obstructed at the moment it supposedly ...

He says he bought it in june.  Where does the date/time stamp in the CSV file come from?
2016-6-25
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-6-25
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Spain

IIIDaemon
Leave the guy alone, what are you a policeman, you write like a donkey, come across like a donkey, your helping no one here, get a life, he haw
2016-6-25
Use props
jstjohnz
lvl.2
United States

It looks like, at the same time the signal returns and the altitude went to the crazy value, the roll angle goes to 170+ degrees.  I assume that means it's upside down.
From 13:25 on the aircraft lat/lon doesn't change even though it shows non-zero speed.

BTW, is there an explanation somewhere of the meaning of the CSBV file entries?  Most are self-explanatory but a few are not.

I assume that SPEED ERROR means the calculated aircraft speed is inconsistent with RC control input.  Is a motor obstruction specifically indicated somehow or inferred from a momentary dip in battery voltage?

Also, after return of signal Velocity X and Velocity Y show essentially unchanging values of 2.5 and 4.3.  Velocity Z shows 0.
Where do these values come from?

2016-6-25
Use props
jstjohnz
lvl.2
United States

Also unless I'm reading it wrong, the LAT/LON looks like it's in SE Asia.
2016-6-25
Use props
issyrocks2020
lvl.2

United States

jstjohnz Posted at 2016-6-26 07:11
Also unless I'm reading it wrong, the LAT/LON looks like it's in SE Asia.

Yup I got it for my trip to China, I took an entire 5 hours looking for it, back in the US no way to recover it
2016-6-25
Use props
issyrocks2020
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-6-26 06:30
IIIDaemon
Leave the guy alone, what are you a policeman, you write like a donkey, come across like a ...

Thanks mate and +1
2016-6-25
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-6-25
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-6-25
Use props
issyrocks2020
lvl.2

United States

IIIDaemon Posted at 2016-6-26 07:37
...jStJohnz, i'm not 100% on that.. I was only reading the data from Healthy Drones.. supposedly ...

Really 9,700 ft and you think I crashed it? Speed errors? How do you explain that? If I wanted to pull something why would I post on the forums? You have a negative outlook of society.
2016-6-25
Use props
issyrocks2020
lvl.2

IIIDaemon Posted at 2016-6-26 09:44
...issy, i can't explain it, in fact it doesn't make sense which has already been pointed out to ...

I feel like you are missing something, if it says it's a 9700 ft, what's your reasoning that it isn't a malfunction? I also realize that it doesn't make sense that's why I am claiming a cause that's not user error
2016-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-26 10:04
I feel like you are missing something, if it says it's a 9700 ft, what's your reasoning that it isn ...

Hi issyrock2020,
For me I wouldn't bother getting into it with daemon, this guy just wants to prove without any evidence that you crashed, all your evidence is contrary, maybe just hook up with DJI guys and let them sort it, it seems reading this forum many strange things have happened to a few people, I have great empathy with all of these, I think also for DJI it is also important that they extract as much information from these strange happenings so they can eradicate in future firmwear,
Just keep pushing your case with DJI and I'm sure a favourable outcome will come about, the seem to have been very reasonable in other cases.
Good luck in your quest, and hope you will soon be back to the sky's with the rest us
2016-6-26
Use props
issyrocks2020
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-6-26 17:14
Hi issyrock2020,
For me I wouldn't bother getting into it with daemon, this guy just wants to prov ...

Thank you for your kind word sir. I don't know what he gains from doing this but whatever he's not DJI I don't care. I'll keep you posted on the outcome of this.
2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

IIIDaemon Posted at 2016-6-26 04:15
...DJI-Ken, is there an Error Code List, something that describes in detail what the errors mean ...

Yes, there is an error code list but it's it's not for public viewing.
2016-6-26
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

For my own education, I have a couple questions...

1. Were these errors (speed or sat errors) displayed on your Go App while they were happening? Any of them?
2. Did you have "multiple flight modes" and therefore ATTI potential set in the Go App and did you attempt to switch into ATTI?
(Atti is a mode that disregards the GPS and would have easier let you land).

Drones are not warranted against crashing or loss. That's just a fact...of life. We can buy extra-cost crash warranties but those require that you still have some pieces of the drone.
That said, DJI is a big and fairly honest company. If the error was 100% in programming (meaning 100% their fault), I think they will take care of you.

The problems occur when such occurrences are not 100% their fault.
We can debate how much training (on manual and other quads, simulators and owners manual reading and understanding) is needed to safely fly, but many crashes and losses are avoidable with ATTI and other such actions. If you look through these and other boards, 90% of the crashes and losses seem to occur with newer owners.
What is the possible explanations for that?
Some, like myself, have had 4 or more DJI birds for 3+ years and never experienced a loss. Are we just extra lucky?

Not looking for answers...just looking at the data and trying to make sense of things. I actually wrote an article recently about "shared responsibility" that some may enjoy reading.
http://www.droneflyers.com/2016/06/drone-crash-maybe-not-fault/
2016-6-26
Use props
issyrocks2020
lvl.2

droneflyers.com Posted at 2016-6-27 02:11
For my own education, I have a couple questions...

1. Were these errors (speed or sat errors) displ ...

I totally agree with you that most of these are newer flyers. I myself have bought every single phantom and haven't had many problems,I consider myself a pretty good pilot. I have read other forums about this and yes I did switch to A mode but it didn't seem to help it just kept going away (downlink loss might explain this)

1. Nope, didn't see them
2. See above
2016-6-26
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-6-26
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

IIIDAEMON
your like an itch people can't scratch, once you have the bit in your mouth, you won't let go, but the biggest problem with you is no matter what you will always be right, you made your point, now go away and get a life..
2016-6-26
Use props
issyrocks2020
lvl.2

United States

IIIDaemon Posted at 2016-6-27 04:17
...Issy, i don't know if you crashed it, and really don't care and am certainly not trying to Pro ...

lol do you even know what he wrote, the guy asked if there was a list of error codes and their meanings and Ken said they weren't for public viewing, how did you come to the conclusion that it is missing errors. He didn't say the errors weren't for public viewing, he said the list of errors weren't for public viewing.
2016-6-26
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

It makes some sense that all error codes are not public. This would be true with many products - so the makers can decide, based on all available evidence, what the story was...without being influenced by how one particular owners might yell and scream.

I have to say that based on anecdotal evidence, this particular situation does not appear to be pilot error. But DJI has all the data..so my opinion is moot.

I do remember one owner who crashed and claimed a certain scenario - and DJI checked the logs and found out the exact G forces (pilot had crashed it into a building but didn't tell DJI that!)....

Some folks are claiming firmware problems lately..who knows, this may be related? If so, I wouldn't want to be sitting in the chairs at DJI of the team who signed off on the last update! One thing that DJI needs to get under control is that software updates should ALWAYS be more stable than the last one...only after that adding improvements and bug fixes. They seem to move too quickly with these updates...IMHO.
2016-6-26
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-6-26
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules