Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware Update Problems
2474 26 2016-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DreadNoughts
New

United States

I have just updated to the latest firmware and now am having issuses.

Issuses are drifting while hovering, horizontal and vertical. Was rock solid before.
If I use the take off swipe where it flies to 4ft it sometimes just hovers inches off the ground,
other times it will hover like 2ft then work its way up to 4ft.
If I hit up to fly higher and let go sometimes it goes up but then falls back down a foot or two.

I tried using DJI Assiant to calibrate the camera sensors.
Calibrated the IMU multiple times.
Compass calibration.
Gimbal Calibration.

Is anyone else having these issues?

2016-6-24
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

Try doing a factory reset from the DJI Assistant 2 (Even though people have calibrated the IMU) people said to have great success exactly with the same symptoms you have.
2016-6-24
Use props
Almaskm
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

I did so:

1. factory reset
2. Reupdate firmware.
3. Power off.
4. Power ON
5. factory reset
6. Power off.
7. Power ON
8. factory reset
9. Calibrated the IMU on a perfectly flat surface
10. calibrate  sensors
11. calibrate Gimbal.

then it began to fly well.

2016-6-24
Use props
DreadNoughts
New

United States

Alright thanks guys going to try it right meow.
2016-6-24
Use props
Almaskm
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

report results
2016-6-24
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Yes, that's why you can downgrade nowadays. I used to upgrade as soon as something became avaliable. Not anymore. Wating and reading ppls threads to see if it seems okay.
2016-6-25
Use props
DreadNoughts
New

United States

Swedrone Posted at 2016-6-25 05:51
Yes, that's why you can downgrade nowadays. I used to upgrade as soon as something became avaliable. ...

I tried downgrading and didn't fix anything.
2016-6-25
Use props
DreadNoughts
New

United States

Alright took her out this morning and happy to report shes flying much much better now.
Thanks.

I did a bunch of factory resets, power ons and off, updates, then calibrated everything again.
2016-6-25
Use props
cranejoshua
lvl.1

How do you guys do a factory reset on the drone itself ? So that I can downgrade back to previous firmware.
2016-6-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

mattd Posted at 2016-6-25 11:58
Try doing a factory reset from the DJI Assistant 2 (Even though people have calibrated the IMU) peop ...

That factory is only for the P4 and should not be used anyways. Please don't be telling people to do that. Which aircraft do you have?
2016-6-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Which aircraft do you have.
All you need to do is preform a IMU calibration on a perfectly flat surface and a gimbal calibration free from any metal around. Compass calibrations must be done outside.
Please do those and then report back.
2016-6-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

DreadNoughts Posted at 2016-6-25 22:51
I tried downgrading and didn't fix anything.

Corrst downgrading firmware has nothing to do with the reason your aircraft was drifting.
2016-6-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

DreadNoughts Posted at 2016-6-25 23:20
Alright took her out this morning and happy to report shes flying much much better now.
Thanks.

Since you said you did a factory reset I'm guessing you have a P4.
Again, there is no need for factory resetting.
What fixed your issue was the IMU and compass calibration.
Glad it's all working for you.
2016-6-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

cranejoshua Posted at 2016-6-25 23:59
How do you guys do a factory reset on the drone itself ? So that I can downgrade back to previous fi ...

Do not do a factory reset, which aircraft do you have.
First off, why do you want to downgrade?
If you are experiencing the issues the OP had then preform a IMU and compass calibration and that will cure that.
2016-6-25
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-25
Use props
sahtemeyil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 946407 ft
Turkey

Hi. I have a Phantom 4. Since last week whenever i change the mode from photo to video i'm expreriencing a problem. camera freeze and switch to photo from video. (dji go latest version,firmware updated,imu,gimbal and compass calibrated..i tried with iPhone 6,ipad mini and Samsung s6). I'm sending you a video which will explain the problem better.

Please help because I cant shoot a video

Best regards.
2016-6-25
Use props
Mr.buGSy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 820712 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-25 18:08
Do not do a factory reset, which aircraft do you have.
First off, why do you want to downgrade?
If ...

I'm sorry Ken, but in my case IMU calibration didn't do the trick, I did that twice and still had issues with altitude loss and drifting. It was only when I did a factory reset there was a difference. And I'm sure that I have read it from some of you DJI guys specifically asking to preform a factory reset if nothing else works. So your're saying not to do that ok, but why? Could factory resetting harm the copter? I hardly doubt it.
2016-6-25
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-26 00:02
That factory is only for the P4 and should not be used anyways. Please don't be telling people to  ...

It has been posted on other forums, that a factory reset will fix issues experience after the latest firmware update. Even Blade on RCgroups recommended it.

This was for a Phantom 4, after the latest update people have done IMU calibrations and it has not fixed loss of altitude. After a factory reset and then a new IMu calibration people have found it works and fixes any issues.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mattd Posted at 2016-6-27 18:35
It has been posted on other forums, that a factory reset will fix issues experience after the late ...

That;s great, they changed something in the restore, last time I attempted I had different results.
Good to hear it's working great now.
2016-6-27
Use props
brickard
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-27
Use props
Mr.buGSy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 820712 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

brickard Posted at 2016-6-27 20:36
Mine came back from service with the latest firmware installed and exhibiting the same symptoms as y ...

Just perform a factory reset, and then a IMU calibration on a perfectly flat surface — and it will be all good
2016-6-27
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am so confused, because they taught me the following:

I learned that software is consistent: (The <If Then> loops, the <Do> Loops, the <FOR I-1 to 100> Loops, the logical expressions,...... work consistently.  They do  not deviate.
Even if there are bugs, they will result in a bad output, but it will be consistent.  Temperature does not affect software!

It makes no sense to me when someone states to do the firmware update multiple times, and repeat the same software task multiple times.

Hardware on the other hand, do have latencies,  operate different over temperature extremes, RF analog devices deviate in performance, they are not digital 1 or 0. Even digital devices (1 or 0) can build up tolerances, once you stack them up, or use devices from different mfgrs. Then you have mechanical considerations due to the motors, and the environment they operate, and normal wear and tear over time.

Please help me understand.
2016-6-27
Use props
DreadNoughts
New

United States

My P4 has been flying flawless now. Since I've done this I've flown it probably 30 times. No drift or anything. The only problem I have no is it will disconnect mid flight. The controller still works and can safely land it but have no video feed. Then I have to shut the remote off and app turn everything back on and it will connect.
2016-6-28
Use props
DreadNoughts
New

United States

Well I figured out. The cheap chord I was using went bad.
2016-7-3
Use props
asimokid
lvl.2

Indonesia

hii, how to factory setting? i can't find menu for favctory setting
thx
2016-7-7
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada