Dead on Arrival Inspire 1 Pro
2250 19 2016-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bokehlicious_12
lvl.1

United States

I just bought a brand new sealed DJI Inspire 1 Pro and it came with a dead TB47. The battery does not light up nor does it take a charge. This is my 4th quadcopter from DJI. I have owned a Phantom 2 and 3 Pro, and also have the DJI Inspire 1 X3.

I've contacted my dealer and they said I have to contact DJI for a replacement battery. Is this true? Thanks in advance for your help everyone.
2016-6-25
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

It is. Unfortunately you are not alone with the dead TB47 lipo. A lot have reported getting a dead lipo with it my self included.
2016-6-25
Use props
M.Hedlund (Swe)
New

Sweden

Rinzler Posted at 2016-6-25 21:26
It is. Unfortunately you are not alone with the dead TB47 lipo. A lot have reported getting a dead l ...

Same here
2016-6-28
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Yep, me too. Ordered 2 other batteries first day tho so I was able to get going anyway.
2016-6-28
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

A lot of inspire 1 stocks have inactive battery usually because the battery has been inactive for 6-12 months
2016-6-28
Use props
mdenovellis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4554 ft
United States

Me too.  

I received my brand new V2.0 last Friday only to find a DoA TB47.  I feared this would happen from reading all of the posts.  What frustrates me the most is how DJI is handling this issue.  They are making the customer prove and prove again that the battery is defective.  Pictures, video's, 3 separate emails explaining the situation over and over again.

It's frustrating because they should simply ship out new batteries without question once they know the serial number of the battery and aircraft as well as proof of purchase.

The unit cost of these things has got to be less than $10.  DJI did over $800 million in sales last year.

I started my CS adventures yesterday and I am still waiting for them to email me my shipping label.  Also, after all of this red tape they still won't advance ship me a new battery until they receive and inspect the DoA battery.  It will be two weeks before I can get this system powered up and flying.

Shame on DJI.  This poor behavior comes from HQ overseas.

VERY frustrating!
Also, I own 3DR gear, 2 x F550's, and an S1000 so I am familair with these tech products.  This isn't my first rodeo.
2016-6-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would ask them to replace it, that is why you bought it from them and not from DJI, direct .. they should just take one from another Unit and exchange it, they should do the Paperwork for the New Battery.

I am sorry you are having troubles by the way .  

You may want to order some more batteries by the way , One just will not cut it .  I have 7 now and find that to be just enough for a day of flying, with resting packs and re charging.

Good luck

Donnie
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

mdenovellis Posted at 2016-6-29 22:17
Me too.  

I received my brand new V2.0 last Friday only to find a DoA TB47.  I feared this would h ...

I understand it can be frustrating, however, claims through most manufacturers are done via warranty processes that normally require the items to be sent in for further diagnostics to validate the warranty claim. Since the battery was deemed to be physically fine (not swollen, punctured etc.) the battery is safe for shipping. Unfortunately DJI does not provide a "no questions asked" warranty policy.

Since you initiated the RMA process yesterday, you should be receiving a shipping label shortly if you have not received it already.
2016-6-29
Use props
AeroFotografie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23786 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-29 20:01
I understand it can be frustrating, however, claims through most manufacturers are done via warran ...

I had big expectations with the Inspire pro, but now I'm really disappointed even before my first flight.
Same problem here in Germany! Last week I got the Inspire Pro Black Edition and the Battery is dead. No way to activate it.
I had to send the Inspire back and the shop where I bought it and they replaced it within 2 days. Very good service so far but guess what happened next?
I got a brand new sealed kit and again it came with a dead battery!!!

DJI how can I trust into a new copter if I get two broken new kits in a row? I really consider to get my money back and continue to use my self made copters.
2016-7-3
Use props
bokehlicious_12
lvl.1

United States

Contacted my dealer and they reimbursed me for a new TB47. I used the funds and just bought a TB48. Great products from DJI, horrible service and warranty claims from the company.
2016-7-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also received a dead TB-47 battery, confidence when flying is at an all time low
2016-7-29
Use props
edwinpang1995

Hong Kong

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bokehlicious_12 Posted at 2016-7-30 00:29
Contacted my dealer and they reimbursed me for a new TB47. I used the funds and just bought a TB48.  ...

I'm sorry you feel like that. As I stated previously, most warranty claims from manufacturers do require some sort evaluation prior to any replacements being made. It's good to hear, however, that your dealer was able to address your issue as well.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-7-30 03:31
I also received a dead TB-47 battery, confidence when flying is at an all time low

I'm sorry to hear, have you contacted either your dealer or the North American Support Center for a replacement?
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

edwinpang1995@h Posted at 2016-8-1 21:42
Get ready to be forced to make a video, then wait weeks to send it back, then wait more for them to  ...

Turnaround time for battery replacements have improved for many of our regional offices. Roughly, when did you undergo the battery replacement process?
2016-8-1
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>

I have another thread opened but I have two (2x) TB48's that went into storage in the early spring and are now DOA in the summer. Less than 5 full months in storage, totally dead.

I've never had Lipo's fail like these Inspire batteries seem to. The "intelligent battery" technology / firmware seems like it's the issue (especially given how many times firmware updates mention changing the battery behaviour).
2016-8-2
Use props
mrchristopherod
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-1 17:55
Turnaround time for battery replacements have improved for many of our regional offices. Roughly,  ...

Good luck guys. I'm in the middle of a 3 WEEK RMA issue. I purchased 5 TB47 batteries and 4 of them were DOA. After starting at RMA 3 weeks ago and going through a bunch of steps. 10 days ago, I was told I would be sent 4 new batteries and provided a tracking number, I still haven't received that.

After speaking with their support numerous times, I'm not getting anywhere. You can't speak to a supervisor because they "don't have access to upper management."

I want to love the DJI product, but their customer service is the worst I've experienced. The last comment on my RMA ticket was added by me 5 days ago, with no response from DJI.
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mrchristopherod Posted at 2016-8-3 23:56
Good luck guys. I'm in the middle of a 3 WEEK RMA issue. I purchased 5 TB47 batteries and 4 of them ...

I apologize for the negative experience. Could I happen to get your RMA number, so that I can follow up?
2016-8-3
Use props
unsatisfied

Hong Kong

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

unsatisfied Posted at 2016-8-5 18:35
Like that actually helps.
Why did this have you happen in the first place?
Just test the whole pac ...

Being able to follow up has help put cases on the correct track. There could be many variables that are outside of manufacture control that can cause the issue. Dealers can be selling old stock without proper battery maintenance, or purchases being left in not so ideal locations for instance. With any product, issues can occur but that is why we have warranties in order to be able to address them when they do arise.

In addition, DJI-Paladin has been trying to assist you on your own thread and has not received a response. I would reccomend replying to his post, so that we can be able to address your issue.
2016-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules