Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activation failed - Invalid device!?!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluevista
lvl.2

United States

I've finally gotten a chance to get back in the air with a replacement P3 Professional that I purchased several months ago (long story). I successfully paired the new drone with my original controller, but the system forces me to go through an activation process. Fine. Unfortunately, it comes up with...

Activation Failed

Invalid Device!

Please Contact DJI Support

It's a brand new system, fresh out of the box. I've power cycled everything... the RC unit, the drone, and the cell phone (a Samsung).

My God, this is annoying.

2016-6-25
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

Are you asking what to do next?
2016-6-25
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Well......"please contact Dji support"
2016-6-25
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Hope DJI can solve this issue through their system, so you don't need to replace the drone.
2016-6-26
Use props
Bluevista
lvl.2

United States

I was finally able to complete the registration.

It turns out I needed to update the firmware on the bird before I could register it.

Fine.

It would have been nice if the error display said something useful and would point the user in the right direction.

<sigh>
2016-6-27
Use props
emigrating
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54157 ft
Sweden

I just had this happen on a brand new Phantom 4. I power-cycled the bird however and it must have somehow activated because I then got the "camera" button on-screen rather than having to go thru the registration again.

--edit--
and now I've just seen that this was almost a month old post, my bad.
2016-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules