[GPS]disconnect please reset and check connection
27240 31 2016-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jodyabney
New

United States

I was flying yesterday after updating to the latest firmware update and it lost GPS, switched to ATTI mode, so I landed it. Now, I can't fly my P4 due to an overall status message of "Cannot take off" with a detailed message of "[GPS]disconnect  please reset and check connection" when I try to start the motors. I am using the latest firmware and iOS app versions. I even tried downgrading the firmware and performing all calibrations (IMU, compass, gimbal) but still no luck. I've had no crashed or even close calls to crashes. I can't find any information about how to check/reset the GPS on the Phantom 4. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

image.jpeg

Overall status

Overall status

GPS Error

GPS Error

Compass calibration

Compass calibration

IMU calibration

IMU calibration
2016-6-25
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

A screen capture would be helpful.
2016-6-25
Use props
jodyabney
New

United States

Airspace Explor Posted at 2016-6-25 18:06
A screen capture would be helpful.

I have attached some screenshots to my post now
2016-6-25
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

jodyabney Posted at 2016-6-25 15:47
I have attached some screenshots to my post now

OK. Does your mobile device get solid GPS when it's in the same general vicinity as the aircraft as shown?

I hope those are pine needles shown in front of the camera.
2016-6-25
Use props
jodyabney
New

United States

Airspace Explor Posted at 2016-6-25 18:54
OK. Does your mobile device get solid GPS when it's in the same general vicinity as the aircraft a ...

Yes - they are pine needles

No problem with GPS on the mobile device. I've even tried a different mobile device too.
2016-6-25
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

jodyabney Posted at 2016-6-25 16:46
Yes - they are pine needles

No problem with GPS on the mobile device. I've even tried a ...

I've run out of ideas and no one else has posted. Have you contacted DJI? That'll be the next step.
2016-6-25
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

The only reason I can think of is the GPS chip is somehow broken, so it relays no signal to the main controller, and the drone refuses to take off because of the faulty chip.
2016-6-26
Use props
jodyabney
New

United States

Airspace Explor Posted at 2016-6-25 21:04
I've run out of ideas and no one else has posted. Have you contacted DJI? That'll be the next step ...

Thanks for trying. I'll contact DJI next.
2016-6-26
Use props
jodyabney
New

United States

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-26 05:28
The only reason I can think of is the GPS chip is somehow broken, so it relays no signal to the main ...

Thanks. I'll be contacting DJI to ask for their help next.
2016-6-26
Use props
w.hetherington
New

Australia

Hey Jody, did you get onto dji about this. I have the same issue and based in australia (where there is not phone support). Would love to know if there is a way to fix this issue.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello jodyabney, if rebooting and firmware refreshing don't help, please get in touch with our US tech support and send it in for diagnosis. There is something wrong with the  connection between GPS module and main controller. 北美地址.JPG
2016-6-28
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

w.hetherington@ Posted at 2016-6-28 09:54
Hey Jody, did you get onto dji about this. I have the same issue and based in australia (where there ...

You can simply write an email to support@dji.com with descriptions and necessary info like firmware, app version. They'll respond within an hour normally, sometimes a few minutes.
2016-6-28
Use props
timrhileman
lvl.3

United States

Did you find a solution to this?
2016-7-5
Use props
dcplus14
New

United States

I have the exact same issue on a brand new Phantom 4. Re-installed app, upgraded firmware, re-calibrated IMU and Gimbal...nothing fixed it so far, and those were the steps from DJI.

Still waiting on next step from them. (Even tried the firmware that came out today too.)
2016-7-12
Use props
expertdrones
lvl.1
  • >>>

dcplus14 Posted at 2016-7-13 14:13
I have the exact same issue on a brand new Phantom 4. Re-installed app, upgraded firmware, re-calibr ...

Hey guys, we can fix this at Expert Drones relatively quickly. We have had a number of different repair customers ask us to fix it and each time we were able to bring it back to working condition. This is usually indicative of the GPS being dislodged inside the main Phantom 4 frame. We have to open up the Phantom 4 and fix the cable connector. Let us know if you need us to fix this and you can mail it to any of our Expert Drones repair locations. You can also email our repair guys at support@expertdrones.com Thanks
2016-7-15
Use props
josephm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406909 ft
  • >>>
United States

This piece comes loose and its conductive metal that touches FC on exposed solder joints. This causes the GPS
"[GPS]disconnect  please reset and check connection" Error in 90% of the repairs I have done. I do not recommend anyone who has not had speical training work on the Phantom 4.
Joseph Mitchell
Lead Technician & Pilot - Technical Department
intelligentUAS - 1UASwww.1UAS.com |

2016-8-30
Use props
fans4d9b3999
New

Canada

I am having the same issue.  Replaced the GPS unit and I am still getting the  GPS disconnect message.
2016-11-29
Use props
fans077b3e9e
lvl.2
Spain

Friend, I had the same error and I send it to repair to DJI, since they said it was a hardware error and covered the warranty.
When I send it to repair what is my surprise they want to charge me about 250 € between shipments and repair.
According to them it is due to the use of the aircraft, incredible, the aircraft was totally new.
I'm still fighting. My advice, be careful if you are going to send it. If you have someone who can repair it even if you lose the guarantee do it with that person.
By the way what appoints josephm has all the logic, I think that is a very considerable failure in the phantom 4.
Greetings and luck.
2016-11-30
Use props
Dronearound
New
Japan

fans077b3e9e Posted at 2016-11-30 04:33
Friend, I had the same error and I send it to repair to DJI, since they said it was a hardware error and covered the warranty.
When I send it to repair what is my surprise they want to charge me about 250 € between shipments and repair.
According to them it is due to the use of the aircraft, incredible, the aircraft was totally new.

I m in Japan, anywhere I can fix this problems? I ve got the tools to fix it myself? Where can I buy a GPS ? Or what to do?
2017-2-2
Use props
Dronearound
New
Japan

josephm@intelli Posted at 2016-8-30 16:42
This piece comes loose and its conductive metal that touches FC on exposed solder joints. This causes the GPS
"[GPS]disconnect  please reset and check connection" Error in 90% of the repairs I have done. I do not recommend anyone who has not had speical training work on the Phantom 4.
Joseph Mitchell

I check that part and it was not loose, I tightened every I could, but no luck, any other tips?
What to do?
Can t fly been couple of weeks al ready ;-(
2017-2-2
Use props
LaymanFPV
New

United States

This is what DJI technical department sent back to me about the same issue.

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are sorry to know about what happened to your Phantom 4 Advanced, rest assured that I will do my best to provide you the kind of assistance that you deserved. Based on our experience, I think that there is already problem in the Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) of your unit. What I can highly suggest is to send it us for repair, but before that, did you already try to calibrate your compass after calibrating the IMU? If not may you try it first."
2017-9-5
Use props
cwu8X3FSKHu9
New
United States

josephm@intelli Posted at 2016-8-30 16:42
This piece comes loose and its conductive metal that touches FC on exposed solder joints. This causes the GPS
"[GPS]disconnect  please reset and check connection" Error in 90% of the repairs I have done. I do not recommend anyone who has not had speical training work on the Phantom 4.
Joseph Mitchell

is this just a tightening issue ?  is it a do it yourself or ???
2018-2-27
Use props
22Currierj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47710 ft

Had this issue too. i was at my middle school flying and it wouldnt let me take off. Did some digging and found a quick and very simple solution. Firmware. You need to make sure your aircraft AND REMOTE are at the same firmware. So back it up 1 or 2 and it should be all set. Enjoy Flying!
2018-5-25
Use props
Sunil66466
lvl.2
India

gps encounters disconnect please reset and check connection please tel me solution
2018-6-10
Use props
22Currierj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47710 ft
United States

Sunil66466 Posted at 2018-6-10 03:42
gps encounters disconnect please reset and check connection please tel me solution

My mistake. There is no solution. There are only things we can do to prevent it from happening again, And this is by simple sending it to dji. 90% of the time this type of error is due to manufacturer. in other words you dont have to pay a dime, as long as your in your warranty period. It is a whole board and it will need to be replaced. Had this issue and took them 5 days in dji and it is coming back already! And i am all the way across the country
2018-6-12
Use props
Richard Thompson
New

I have the same issue
4 Red lights and a critical error
GPS Encounters Disconnect.
On A spark
I reset several times with no luck.
2018-7-15
Use props
Richard Thompson
New

Dose anyone know what The resolution was or is for the GPS Disconnect.
2018-7-15
Use props
Gustavo Oliveira
New

Brazil

I`m having this problem too.
It`s a little weird beaceuse when I disconect the cable that conects the gimbal to the phantom 4 pro start normal but if I take the drone and travel to some place that the case shakes a lot the problem appear again.
Soo I`m always oppening the gimbal compartment to remove and attach that cable.

I'm very disappointed with my phantom 4 pro...
2018-7-31
Use props
fansbfb61a11
lvl.1

United States

Sounds like GPS Disconnect error is a big problem.  I’m returning mine for a replacement.  Same issue, never flown.  
2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_r1cxRnw7UNfv
New

Ireland

Hi guys I am having the same problem . I am trying to fly with my spark and a error message came “  Gps disconnected. Please restart the aircraft“ but the funny thing is : if I open the map the location is correct if I move myself the gps location moves ...
any help ?  
2020-3-25
Use props
djiuser_Ydlq2a75IRHN
New

United States

I have the same issue with my phantom 4 Pro
2020-4-27
Use props
sunfield
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2406325 ft
Netherlands

Same problem now here. Phantom 4 Pro also. Tried everything, terrible problem.
2020-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules