Battery nightmare
953 5 2016-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bikepope
lvl.1

Switzerland

What a bad performance!! I purchased several TB47 and TB48 batteries and 70% of them a faulty.

I can’t understand how this company still is not able to fix these issues? Even the batteries which are OK after delivery go fault after some load cycles. Hardware or Software issue?

It is no help when I can replace them for free with my dealer. We are professional video producers and have tons of DJI equipment because of no real competitors.

But we still can’t understand why DJI is not fixing these issues and presses us into this proprietary crap.

2016-6-26
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

If you can explain what the problems are with your batteries, maybe somebody here can help you solve them.
2016-6-26
Use props
bikepope
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi

I am expecting a working piece of equipment, when I buy something. I really wonder what kind of quality control this company has. This is not the only bug they have in their equipment. We use tons of equipment from DJI From the smallest to the largest drone; Ronin and Osmo.

I have no time and joy in trying to get something to work, which should work out of the box. I read all threads about this issues and it looks like I am not the only one. DJI has serious problems with this and is not capable to get it fixed. I would suggest changing the supplier.

If DJI is forcing us to use their proprietary batteries, they should work.

2016-6-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

bikepope Posted at 2016-6-26 10:22
Hi

I am expecting a working piece of equipment, when I buy something. I really wonder what kind of  ...

We agree with you and certainly hope you get this all worked out. I wonder when another serious drone company comes on the scene... if would force the issues to get fixed.

Rich
2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

bikepope Posted at 2016-6-27 01:22
Hi

I am expecting a working piece of equipment, when I buy something. I really wonder what kind of  ...

I can see that you're frustrated, however, we would need to know what issue that you are experiencing in order to better address it. We need to know how it's not working. Please be advised that some of the issues reported by customers via the forums can be user induced as well, so we would need more information before any further determination of fault can be done. If it is determined that there are hardware issues present, then they would be problems that can be covered under the warranty.
2016-6-27
Use props
bikepope
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello
I am well aware that a company growing fast has always problem with keeping up the pace with quality and support. But here we have/had serious problems reported for a long time. There are a lot of customers complaining about the „intelligent“ batteries. Are they too intelligent?
We face several errors by batteries blinking at the top Led (near ON/OFF button). They can’t be charged and are useless. There start to be bricked after one to five loading cycles.
Off cause we can change them under warranty, but this is time consuming and we have to wait to get our replacement.
Why I am so disappointed? We have several DJI equipment and on nearly every product there are software issues!! We are pleased about the hardware, but the software is buggy and not tested like I would expect.
Last example? We updated my RC Control to firmware 1.6.0 and ended up in “RC failure”. No change to fix it. We had to roll back to 1.5.9. Going to Google we found out that this is a known issue. Lack of testing?
I myself are a program lead and lead requirements engineer and know what I am talking about. If we would deliver such software we would end up in jail.
2016-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules