Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Powers off (P4) in air, beginners mode, crash
1725 10 2016-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrMaHa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65981 ft

I took my brand new Phantom 4 for a first flight. After a minute in air it just mysteriously fell to the ground! The altitude was 5 meters, distance 27 meters from the homepoint. I was flying in beginners mode, flyzone restricted to 30 meters radius. The powers just went off! Propellers broke, hull injured.

On monday, I'll send the drone back to DJI. Little nervous..

Firmware

Firmware

Screenshot

Screenshot

Tallenna
Tallenna
Tallenna
Tallenna
Tallenna
Tallenna
2016-6-26
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81132 ft

Was the battery inserted correctly? Sounds like a power failure. What about the flight log? I guess the beginner mode does not have anything to do with this.
2016-6-26
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will be interesting to see what they determine.
2016-6-26
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

battery worked its way loose, or you accidentally shut down the motors with your joysticks?
2016-6-26
Use props
MrMaHa
lvl.1

The battery was inserted correctly and 100% charged, I double checked it and checked the diagnostics from the menu before takeoff. The battery fell out of the drone after the drone hit the field and it was still running/on (green lights) as I picked it from the ground. I'm going to post here the results from the DJI as soon as they tell me their conclusion, but I'm guessing the problem was the battery. You can see from the pic the moment of the "power loss", my right stick was pointing 100% forward. So the accidential shut down by the pilot is out of the question.
2016-6-26
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Flight distance : 470656 ft
Portugal

Do you know how to get the logs from the phone/tablet ? it would be nice if you could upload them to investigate a bit...
2016-6-26
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

Is a video cached in your Mobile Device?
2016-6-26
Use props
MrMaHa
lvl.1

Here is a link to a hidden YouTube video, which contains the P4's video feed and the "map-view" of the flight route and controller actions.

And the flight log file for examination. Change the file extension (.pdf) to .txt to examine the file in http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/.
DJIFlightRecord_2016-06-24_[18-09-18] kopio.pdf (610.06 KB, Down times: 29)
2016-6-26
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Flight distance : 470656 ft
Portugal

well... i don't personally see anything weird until the very end... when you lose the downlink, but then it says you get it back 49 minutes later !

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6AN233VO1MGS2TFENI46/

2016-6-26
Use props
MrMaHa
lvl.1

Yeah, I have no idea what that means. I fiddled with the drone and went through the settings on the iPad, so maybe it has something to do with that..
2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash, MrMaHa. I'd suggest you to get in touch with our tech support and send it in for data analysis.
2016-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules