Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery change
986 8 2016-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

battery change.
When  the factory  settings. drain the batteries after 10 days.
what can recommended when I have 3 batteries, but perhaps not quite get used them all three every time within the 10 days ..
what to do in other ..? Should I only use one or two instead of using all three and then when they begin discharging of itself. ?
I could also put the discharging time down so the drain after 3 days .. but then I have just never power on any of the batteries

sorry for all the mistakes. I use google translate from Danish to English. :-)
2016-6-26
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I set my batteries to discharge after 3 days. I mark any battery I didnt use with tape so I will use that one next time I fly.
2016-6-26
Use props
j5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Set my batteries to discharge after 3 days as well.  I have them marked with tape, as 1, 2, and 3 and assure that I cycle their use in that order.  This way they all get the same number of hours and roughly the same number of charges.  If I go a period of time without flying, before using, I top any that have auto discharged back to 100%.  The cycling through the batteries in sequntial order for me is a critical factor for the batteries health.
2016-6-26
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

I also put numbers on my batterier. . Perhaps i should set discharge to 3 days
2016-6-26
Use props
j5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Jan Jensen Posted at 2016-6-26 15:42
I also put numbers on my batterier. . Perhaps i should set discharge to 3 days

I set mine to three days for a couple of reasons:  the first being that if I don't use them within that time, most likely I won't use them for another week, which brings me to the second reason; I am not familiar enough with lithium polymer to know what may happen if they hold a full charge over a week or so.  Currently we are having temperatures in the mid 30's C, so I am being cautious and trying to keep the batteries at the ideal storage charge state of 30 to 50%. Typically, the earliest I charge a battery for use would be the night before, no earlier. Others may have different opinions I would love to hear them.
2016-6-26
Use props
Dronin Adventur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399590 ft
United States

From my limited understanding of lithium polymer batteries is the "recommended"time to leave a battery at full charge is 10 days. I myself have been a remote control car enthusiast longer than a quadcopter, but we use the same style battery. However, the battery in the p4 is much more advanced than that of my rc car. In the car world, all the smarts are in the charger and not in the battery. But regrettably I have forgotten to discharge my lipos every now and then, and it seems to me like the higher quality batteries can go longer without being discharged. Now I'm not saying never discharge your batts, however If you forget for lets say 12-15 days, from my experience, if you run it through several charge discharge cycles, the battery usually come out ok. All you have to watch out for is puffing, and the most important factor is how well the battery hold its charge while in use. Haha, I'm still so new to this, I really don't understand how to put a storage charge on my p4 batts, or how to discharge them. It said in the manual but I really didn't get it lol. If someone wouldn't mind helping me? I have the standard charger that it came with
2016-6-26
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

ok, thanks for the reply.
I think a little when DJI from default has put the batteries to 10 days before discharge.
So this may not be entirely wrong.
2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Jan, hope this video can also help you:
2016-6-27
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-27 10:08
Hello Jan, hope this video can also help you:https://youtu.be/siE2j6Ruj2k?list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KW ...

the video is very well made. But there was now nothing new den..med less you look at the pictures and see that there is a discharge set to 1 day. and or it is said that it can be set from 1 to 10 days.
2016-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules