7-10 Acres an hour, really?
4587 13 2016-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
datincan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United Kingdom

Can someone from dji advise how this could ever be remotely possible.

The advertised hovering time with a 22.5 take off weight is only 10mins.

If I wanted use this AGRAS to spray only 1 acre - using a normal pesticide at 60L per acre this would mean 6 wasted return trips to refill the 10L tank, and also the change out of 6 batteries.

Because it's not advised to recharge lipos just after use, I could start recharging the 1st battery set after say 1hr, so if I'm right I would need 6 batteries per hour, and 6 more for every next acre after that until the 1st battery was recharged.

So just guessing by the apparent huge size of the advertised battery to cover only only 10 acres I'd need about 6x5 sets of batteries? about 30 of these huge batteries?

Also with only a 1km advised range, how would I cover a plot 2km x 5km? I'd need to have a truck with battery charging stations and ....

How is 5-7 acres an hour realistic when even 1 acre an hour seems like a huge feat?

2016-6-26
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So I spoke on pre sales dji messaging here with someone who confirmed that the team who look after this AGRAS were off for the weekend.
He assured me that they would get back to me the next day.
The next day came and went with no response.
I messaged on the dji chat again, and got through to Karl Armstrong.
I asked him if someone would get back to me regarding this post.
He first said nobody would as it was not yet released. I then told him I was assured a response. He then quit the chat!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL DJI  ????"?
2016-6-28
Use props
Quinn vn
New

South Africa

any news yet Datincan?
2016-7-6
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
Ireland

Quinn vn Posted at 2016-7-6 18:59
any news yet Datincan?

Not a word, total complete silence, I've tried chasing this up as much as possible, nobody from Dji wants to talk about it.
My guess is this was just some RnD experiment that they have done, and then used it as an advertising tool to widen their general audience. I've seen their reps carry out some very shady activities already so I'm kind of not surprised.

Anyway the whole idea is lala, can you imagine the rig you would have to pull with huge batteries to run charging stations and refilling every 10mins and finding landing areas, lining up their control turn areas with 10kgs hanging off, the whole thing is coucco
2016-7-8
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

datincan Posted at 2016-7-8 22:30
Not a word, total complete silence, I've tried chasing this up as much as possible, nobody from Dji ...

I've been thru this before with DJI , very frustrating. I would contact chat, they would say I need to talk to customer support then they would tell to contact after sales then they would tell to contact chat? I call wiping your ass with a wagon wheel.
2016-7-10
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-7-10 15:44
I've been thru this before with DJI , very frustrating. I would contact chat, they would say I nee ...

I came across this machine, it looks at least like a more realistic notion of the concept.
Also yea, we know Dji folk read through here but don't comment a word
http://www.xaircraft.com/en
2016-7-10
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United Kingdom

I've heard that they are spraying at about 11l/ha
2016-7-12
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
Ireland

broadlandboy Posted at 2016-7-12 13:30
I've heard that they are spraying at about 11l/ha

Thanks for sharing....where did you hear that?

Thats about 3 litres an acre thats a joke, and it still makes no aviation sense, the thing can only hover for 10mins with 10kg of payload so it has to come back for battery changes every few minutes.

I'd love if ANYONE from dji could come on and give a real world case of how without breaking the laws of physics, this can actually cover 7-10 acres an hour. Please use an example like in your website, a terraced sloped terrain of say 30 degrees 6 acres wide 6 long.
2016-7-13
Use props
vjoneskc
lvl.1

datincan Posted at 2016-7-14 04:00
Thanks for sharing....where did you hear that?

Thats about 3 litres an acre thats a joke, and it  ...

i have a mg-1, but injured myself very badly right before it arrived. i am now healed enough to fly and will test the thing more in the upcoming weeks

i will post my findings i have a mavic on order to follow it and a couple rigged 3Dr drones to follow it in case mavic does not arrive in time

i am in kansas USA 90% ag land
2016-10-22
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

I'm interested when you get official word back on this.

Side note, we've been through the same thing, probably had 10-15 "we'll call/email you back shortly with what we find," and have never gotten anything. Just keep calling and getting the run around. Also been told to post to the forum because the mods are quick to reply on here...We can see how good that goes. DJI benefits from being the industry king right now and can get by on subpar customer service.  
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi datincan, sorry for the late reply, generally speaking, it will achieve the optimal performance after fully-charge and fully-discharge for 5 times.
There is no need to wait for 1 hour to charge it after a flight, because of the self-checking system, you just need cool it down until the temperature of battery is below 40℃, then it can start to be charged. If the temperature is upon 40℃, it will stop being charged.
2016-10-25
Use props
Yashenka
New

Hong Kong

The problem here is "60L normal pesticide", the pesticide for air spraying is different from the normal one.
It takes much less than 60L to cover one acre, you should check with your pesticide suppler, or find some cases on the internet.
2016-10-25
Use props
PrairieRotors
lvl.1
Canada

In Canada I know you need a Pilot License to get the Aerial Applicator license, and if it doesn't say you can use the chemical in the Air you can't use it. If you spray the neighbors land with not for air use chemical you in big trouble.
2016-10-26
Use props
Mihran.Sahakyan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199160 ft
Armenia

I have same problem with DJI support, it's terrible, they don't answer, they give outdated/wrong answers, please be carefull wasting money buying those agras drones - they brake and DJI support is really bad

We have one drone failing to find sattelites and another one saying there is ESC error, but this second one if we restart many times, it flies.

No help from DJI don't waste your money! be carefull!
2021-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules