So much for great advise
939 8 2016-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sdl56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93924 ft
United States

After taking the advise of whom I now suspect of being an Apple rep, I purchased an Air 2 because of the glitches in the FW upgrades. Well sitting at my desk with the RC and the AC a couple of feet away you can't imagine what I see on the app. That's right weak to no image, no picture at all. Yes I linked again, I calibrated the IMU, I enabled the decoding, I went to custom which I only see 20 channels not 32.
I know it is a company thing not to admit wrong when something is wrong.

Simply put, there would be no thread and certainly not so many threads if there was nothing wrong

It would be nice if they just said" hey guys there is a glitch and we are working on it" at least there would be hope
2016-6-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You will  only have channels 13-20 on the Go App, unless you do the (Hack ) Upgrade to 32 channels .  Are you sure you have the proper matching firmware ?  Can you list them with everething on  go to the  "About Page " under General settings and list the versions here.

while you are just testing , make sure you are in Auto mode , this  way the video can jump channels if you have problems, only use the Custom if you have the Updated 32 chan. file or you have a perfect channel that you like to stay with , for testing purposes use "Auto "

The I pad Air works great once we get you properly set up .  I own the air as well. Make sure you have no other apps in the background running as well.  

I think going with the I pad Air was good advise but we have to get the settings correct and make sure there is not something wrong with your system.

Is this a brand New Inspire with an X3 camera ? or X5
I am sorry you are having trouble , at this point can you list the hidden files so that we can see if there is corruption to the video file .  If you have a PC it is easy to do and I will give you a link , I think you may have a damaged "Video Tranmission board" as I know that you have had Image challenges  in the past.

I will leave a link to view the Hidden file and you want to lok at lines 0800 and 1500 for Update problems . or" Device not Detected "

Also in the past when I have talked to you, I suggested the I-pad air , but I hope it's not me you are referring to . And If it is I assure you I dont work for Apple .  At this point with all the problems I think more than likely there is something  more seriously wrong with your machine, and most likely will need to go in for service .  Taht is why if you list the hidden file we can see if that is the problem.

And I am real sorry you are having troubles.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-44546-1-1.html

2016-6-26
Use props
sdl56
lvl.1
United States

Everything worked just fine until I did the FW upgrade. I really doubt there is any hardware issues since there were none before the upgrade.
My updates were success and don't have any files now and I don't know if I would ever send the AC off unless it crashed or something.
Yes it was your advice for the Air and there is no problem with it but it is not the answer.

In fact it is on now and still getting no image, weak image and no picture
I was able to fly and had picture once off the ground but in and out and no distance.
I think I will downgrade and hope for the best.
2016-6-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Well I dont work for Apple like you infer. I did my best to try to help you .  

This is when the Corrupted video happens is during updates.  That is when problems happen , at this point I would bet money that on the Hidden file on lines 0800 and 1500  it will say "Device Not Detected " . If you are sometimes getting video and not others, it may just be a cracked video board, but it is not a simple fix,  You could of course try the downgrade and see if it works.  I really hope it does.  
There is no repair for this without sending at miniumum the Camera in.  I would send the whole thing in , but THAT IS UP TO YOU .

Just reload 1.9 to the aircraft SD card , the Aircraft will only take about 5 minutes to refresh itself and will give the data necessary for a diagnosis.  
ALSO BE SURE TO PUT IT IN AUTO MODE WHILE TESTING . ( IMAGE TRANSMISSION SETTINGS )  

Use my linK, by the way I always  recommend PC's for Updating the SD cards as MACs always screw them up .  

If you want to do this fine , If not it's your call.  If you downgrade then you could read the file then as well  . BUT THIS IS UP TO YOU . And I realy am sorry the I pad air did not work for you , in several other cases it has fixed pilots image issues, espescailly with the latest update.

donnie

2016-6-26
Use props
sdl56
lvl.1
United States

Downgraded

Took a flight, at least got my camera back. sitting at my desk and have a camera image which I could not get before. So much for cracked video board.

Anyways for others reading forums make sure and read them all on an issue.
I know you want to help Donnie but when you look at the shear numbers understand others have knowledge and are not looking for the same thing they hear from DJI.
It would be nice if DJI would fix the glitch test the update to make sure it works properly and move on.
2016-6-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

If you read enough of my post , I say never listen to one persons post ( Including mine ) take a consensus of others on the forum and make up your own mind .  All  I suggested to you was to try  ( Buy or borrow ) a I pad air an I sincerely thought all the issues would have cleared up .  

Also I never know how much information to give , I honestly thought you already tried a rollback as  I may have assumed you already did, sorry I missed that .

donnie
2016-6-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-26 15:45
If you read enough of my post , I say never listen to one persons post ( Including mine ) take a co ...

This attack is not fair to you. As many of us are trying to help based on experience . We take the time to answer with  the best possible information based from the facts given. no individual has all the answers and certainly not DJI. We have all been learning as problems arise. Some of these issues are driven from the FW updates and other mishaps during flying the aircraft.

Hey sd156:
We are part of the forum group to help others and do not get paid by Apple ot DJI ... Your post makes me want to stop helping people like you that take the frustrations on good folks like donnie
Lighten up my friend..... most things happen because the user does not read the instructions or makes a mistake during the update steps. Nothing is perfect and this would include the FW updates and the hardware modules ...

Hang in there Donnie
Rich
2016-6-26
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

You know what would be really nice, if pilots would heed warnings posted of possible f/w issues before jumping to update versions of newly introduced f/w, and simply hold off for a while until all has been confirmed with positive results. Having said that, I believe it's also fair to say there will always be some sort of issues in that regard, as many folks simply have a difficult time following the specific steps associated with the download process for one reason or another, but I'm sure you will get your issue worked out before long with the help offered by DJI CS reps. then again maybe not, SDL56.  
2016-6-26
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey, Donnies history speaks for itself  I don't know what  conspiracies are  living in your head.
     Something didn't work out for you and  "so much for great advice "give me a break!
There's a lot of value that comes from this forum  that educates you  and saves you money .
Figure it out yourself  then , I'm getting really tired of crybabies that bitch about something that doesn't work and blame the people that are trying to help them.  I'm sorry I could not read what I have read and not respond
  I suggest you get as much information you can from everybody and come up with your own conclusion welcome to
Earth.

Steve

2016-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules