822 5 2016-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cayalag
lvl.3
Flight distance : 470656 ft
Portugal

Hi,

Today I was flying, 1 kilometer away, when the DJI GO App started to play some instruction through the speaker and suddently closed itself.

After the immediate shock, probably after 5 to 10 seconds I restarted the APP and the P4 was not moving, just hovering.

After the restart I notied that the APP said that the SD card was full, which I thought it was a bird weird... anyway, I brought the Phantom back and came to the computer. As I had suspected, the SD (the original one that comes with the drone) had only a couple of GB used. I have now formated it and it seems to be okay...

I fly with an Ipad mini 4 and DJI GO 2.8.3.

- Has anyone suffered from a similar behaviour ?

- Shouldn't the P4 have started to fly back home by itself after loosing contact with the APP ? Is it only when it loses contact with the receiver ?

2016-6-26
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"Shouldn't the P4 have started to fly back home by itself after loosing contact with the APP ? Is it only when it loses contact with the receiver ?"

The Phantom will  enter RTH  when/if it loses the control signal from thhe controller
Butyours had not lost contact with the controller.
You had full control at all times and could have flown the Phantom back yourself or initiated RTH without the app.
The app is just for displaying the camera's view and giving you some control  options.
The controller is the essential thing for flying.
2016-6-26
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Portugal

yeap, absolutely right labroides... i just realized that after writing the post. It must have been the adrenaline confusing me, hehe
2016-6-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

And just to add to what Labroides said, if the Go App fails during the flight, don't stress about it, because the aircraft is still flown with the RC unit, so concentrate on flying the aircraft back and landing, then sort out the Go App problem later.
2016-6-26
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Portugal

Then the only thing that annoys me is... If I had only recorded 2 GB, why would the APP show full card ? I guess there was some kind of malfunction and it closed because of that. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on it and keep you updated.
2016-6-27
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

cayalag Posted at 2016-6-27 16:26
Then the only thing that annoys me is... If I had only recorded 2 GB, why would the APP show full ca ...

It's more likely due to some error in the SD card than the App. There's some free software online that you can use to diagnose your SD card and see if it's damaged, you can try that if you have a card reader.
2016-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules