Lightbridge Video Transfer Problem
4608 16 2015-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
meczuperform.em
lvl.1

Turkey

Thorough two weeks, I'm trying to get the healthy vision from lightbridge. But all I have is playing pixels and glitches. There are people here who is having the same problem but I see that the solution never comes. All I wonder, dji that can't do the healthy vision transfering even though in a few footsteps, does think to do any program restoration or bring some different resolutions?

Note: Please don't ask the same questions again and again like; is your remote control's aerial off, is the phone on the flying mode, are the upgrades full or did you wash the dishes. I'm living and breathing with this in a two weeks and everything is proper.
2015-1-23
Use props
meczuperform.em
lvl.1

Turkey

???
2015-1-23
Use props
meczuperform.em
lvl.1

Turkey

In this three videos, the problem occurs with different cameras so the problem is not special to model. And also, it's not about the gimbal because when I , myself, connect my camera's HDMI exit to HDMI in port which is on the air system, I experience the same problem.
2015-1-23
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51243 ft
  • >>>
China

meczuperform.em Posted at 2015-1-23 18:39
In this three videos, the problem occurs with different cameras so the problem is not special to mod ...

Hi,Buddy.

Which gimbal do you try will cause this kind of problem? Which FC ?
2015-1-26
Use props
bfurman.email
lvl.2

Poland

I have same problem!

@DJI-Jackson

I'm using Z15 GH4.

As Blade Strike asked - i walk around Z15 connection and connected GH4 directly to AIR unit (with CAN to A2) and i've got clear view.

Same thing connected by Z15 gives me artifacts like this:

I'm grounded for 4 months becouse of problem DJI made.

Who should i lawsuit?
What can i do now with my unflyable thing?
When somebody will ask to problem other way then asking more questions?
Does ANYBODY can fly their Z15GH4 on newest firmware?

I'm angry now.
2015-1-26
Use props
bfurman.email
lvl.2

Poland

Anyway!

There is future which is "MUST HAVE"

Add any kind of alarm when signal is lost. Right now on both HDMI output and LB app on iOS/Android it just freeze image without any information...
2015-1-26
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please try a new HDMI cable.. It really does seem like a bad cable or HD/AV board. But I'm leaning more to a cable at this point.
2015-1-26
Use props
bfurman.email
lvl.2

Poland

How to change HDMI cable?

Can i open Z15 without loosing guaranty?

What is replace for original HDMI cable?
2015-1-26
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

http://www.uavdirect.com/DJI-Z15 ... -gh4-hdmi-cable.htm

All you need to do is open the bottom plate of the HD/AV board.
2015-1-26
Use props
bfurman.email
lvl.2

Poland

:@ etc...

So, another 50$ to spent.

It would be not that bad idea if i'll have 100% chance for fix.

Cant i just send my whole Z15 (with/without cables etc?) to support and get it done?

I'll go to DJI headquater and kick some asses if i spend another 50$ and it turn out to bad hdmi/av board. And another weeks of delay.

It was working before updates!

Not only Z15GH4 have this problem!

2015-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51243 ft
  • >>>
China

bfurman.email Posted at 2015-1-27 00:16
etc...

So, another 50$ to spent.

Hi,bfurman.
Please try with another gimbal and if it works fine , contact to our email for repair :support@dji.com.
2015-1-26
Use props
bfurman.email
lvl.2

Poland

Please try with another gimbal and if it works fine , contact to our email for repair :support@dji.com.

Another gimbal? I cant do it, i dont have another gimbal. As Thread Owner wrote it not depends on Z15 model, it also appears on 5D and BMPCC gimbals...

DJI screwed something with firmware/hdmi connection/gcu board. I assume firmware issue since problem appears only on newest firmware.

Only thing you propose is to check another things, no answers.

I'll just contact DJI Europe and send Z15 to them with annotation to repair/change HDMI plug and GCU board. If they answer to email...

@meczuperform.em

i think that this is only thing you can also do - send Z15 to support and pray...

:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@
2015-1-27
Use props
meczuperform.gm
lvl.1

Turkey

I use BMPCC's gimbal. But it's not about gimbal. Because the data which I had  from camera's HDMI output is put directly to air system HDMI input. It means I cancel gimbal for try. But the result was same. So I don't think the center of the problem is gimbal.

However, I tried something different. I took the Air system paddle antenna and changed it with Air system antenna. The pixeling and glitches got better. But in this situation I can fly only 100 meters, after that the problem continues, the vision freezes, the aplication doesn't answer.

Now I repeat it, I'm sure that I didn't make anything wrong in the connection. I did the providing of every detail for several times but I couldn't solve that is it because of software or hardware. All I know, I lost time and money to solve that.
2015-1-28
Use props
mark97564.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

If your using light bridge around any other 2.4ghz item your video will be screwed..  when i fly around my neighborhood i can't fly 15 meters with good video. .  When i go out to the country side with nothing but trees around i can fly 1800 meters distance with lightbridge and have prefect video but as soon as Even 1 other 2.4ghz device gets turned on the video goes to absolute crap.  I did 2 tests.  

1st test, I took my buddy with me and i flew 1800 meters with no problems with video and then i had him turn on his 2.4 ghz rc controller for his f450 and the lightbridge  video went to shit. I even had him walk 300 meters away from me and my f550 that was in the air and even at that distance it affected lightbridge  tremendously.

2nd test,  i took my wireless Internet router with me. First i flew 1700 meters or so with not even 1 video glitch but as soon as i powered on my dual band router the video again went to shit..  so if you want lightbridge to work properly you need to stay very far from any other 2.4ghz device! There can't even be 1 device around at all within 700 meters of lightbridge ground or air units.

That is not what i expected from a $1,400 machine..  it should be able to operate in an environment with at least a few low powered devices like a internet router or your 1 friend's rc controller.  Even with my other buddy around that has lightbridge on his copter, we can't even fly together because they even affect each other real bad.. we have to take turns flying and i think that is just not right! Especially since dji advertises lightbridge like they do. Saying it has excellent operation in noisy environments

The last thing i want to say is, the wire type antennas on the air system work best. .  1800 meters with perfect video when no other 2.4ghz devices are around even though the panel antennas are suppose to increase range to 3200 meters i can't get them to give good video at over 400 meters and I've tried positioning them every way and direction known to man kind and they just don't want to work properly for me..
2015-1-30
Use props
me
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello everybody,

Did anybody find a solution to this? I have had similar probkems and have done quite a lot to try and rule out different sources of the problem. My suspicion lies with the GCU and / or gimbal AV controlled. Here is "my story":

I have been having an **intermittent** fault with the HD gimbal feed from my Panasonic GH4 connected to a Zenmuse Z15-GH4HD. The video below shows an example of what happens:

I have replaced the cable connecting the GH4 micro HDMI to the gimbal. This has made no difference, and the fault is still occurring.
I plugged a different camera (a GoPro Hero 4 silver) to the same cable (gimbal to micro HDMI) and the fault is still occurring. When the same GoPro camera is connected directly to the HDMI input on the lightbridge, it works fine.

I think this probably rules out a camera issue, makes a Lightbridge issue less likely, and makes a Zenmuse problem the most likely. I do not think that it is temperature related, because the equipment has been indoors, but the rooms have been unheated.

I would love some feedback, especially from DJI support...

Guy

2015-5-7
Use props
Drones Toronto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 953596 ft
  • >>>
Canada

me@gcrp.co.uk Posted at 2015-5-7 07:36
Hello everybody,

Did anybody find a solution to this? I have had similar probkems and have done qui ...

Hi, I am having this problem after replacing frame, S1000, GH4, A2 Lightbridge.  I did full system upgrade in process to A2, GCU, Lightbridge both sides.   Now I get same video scatter problem as above, mine is more pixelated, less wavy but totally unuseable.  Have checked all the usual, I think, including checking channels manually.   

Appreciate hearing form anyone that has had such problem and how you corrected it, thx.
2015-9-8
Use props
fans13a991f3
lvl.1

United Kingdom

me@gcrp.co.uk Posted at 2015-5-7 03:36
Hello everybody,

Did anybody find a solution to this? I have had similar probkems and have done quite a lot to try and rule out different sources of the problem. My suspicion lies with the GCU and / or gimbal AV controlled. Here is "my story":

Sorry to warm up this old thread, but after leaving my S900 I  a shed for a couple of years,  I have tried to get it working again. I have replaced the GCU and HDMI/AV board but it has not sorted it. Did anyone successfully solve this problem?

Thanks,

Guy
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules