X5 Having serious issues with noise and weird artifacts at 100 ISO
1151 2 2016-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomaskoolhaas
New

Hello everyone,
I have got some great video images from my X5 in flat daylight but when the image gets a bit more contrasty I am getting an unusual amount of noise, purple solarization and blocking in my shadow areas, even at ISO 100, which is very unusual compared with other MFT sensor video cameras I've had. Other people have reported this with the X5 but not at 100 ISO only 800/1600. I cant imagine this is normal for 100 ISO. More strangely I'm getting a weird eye-shaped effect over my entire image, it looks almost like an internal reflection but it looks more like some kind of giant round compression wave/artifact. Im wondering if I got a bunk sensor in my X5. Images attached. The second darker one is of the eye-shaped artifact, I raised the overall brightness of the still a bit so you could see the effect better. Any thoughts/advice very welcome. I shot with X5 on the OSMO at 24fps 4K on D-Log at 100 ISO for both images.

EYE SHAPE

EYE SHAPE

PURPLE NOISE

PURPLE NOISE
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

This looks like a potential sensor issue. The only thing that you might want to try is switching out the lens to see if that's alleviates the issue. If it does not, then I would recommend getting in contact with your regional DJI Support Center for a RMA.
2016-6-28
Use props
DroneDelegation
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37789 ft
United States

I had the same "Eye shaped" effect while shooting downtown at night with the X5 at 100 ISO normal setting(not d-log).  I took the small "hood" off the front of the camera, messed with ISO and the "eye shape" went away.  I can not say if it was directly the changing of the settings or removal of the hood that made it go away but if it happens again i will pay closer attention to what i do that stops it.  As for the purple noise I am new to filming and am not quite sure what to look for but i can no longer shoot in d-log as the image cannot be correctly color graded. It my be my skills but I see a bunch of people saying the same thing so maybe not.  I hope its not a sensor issue though as this camera is brand new.
2016-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules