No FPV (No Live Video)
3014 4 2016-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andidemiraj
lvl.1
Albania

Hello, I have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus. It has a problem with video transimision. The drone can send to the mobile app all the data but no live video. The video or photos are recorded. As I noticed it is a wifi module problem, so I opened it and added some paste and some aluminium plates to save it from overheating, but still no result. When the drone is in air conditioner, live video works well. I saw two power amplifiers inside the wifi module AWL6153. I don't know if there is one of them for the video and the other for data trasmision or is another circuit that needs to be replaced or rejoined to the board. Does anyone knows the respective circuit?

2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

All I can suggest is sending the aircraft in for repair.I'm sorry that i don't have a better answer for you as I've never attempted what you are trying to do.
Maybe you'll get lucky and someonme who has will chime in.
2016-6-27
Use props
wavis184
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1810735 ft
  • >>>
United States

I lost the video and I replaced the wifi module and now it works. They have a problem with over heating. So I do not fly it on really hot days or if you do just take off as soon as you can to get the air flow to keep it cool. I fly my P3 pro move than my P2. Good luck with it.
2016-6-27
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

South Korea

I'm not familiar with this, but I DIY with computers a lot.
Your Aluminium cover doesn't seem to work well. Depends on what the height and area the chip is, you can attach metal cooling fins like this with some thermal paste for CPU to the chip and see if it helps.  You can buy some from eBay or DIY yourself.

1234555.jpg

2016-6-28
Use props
andidemiraj
lvl.1
Albania

2016-06-29.jpg
This is the my cooling system, but still no video. I guess the problem is in the other board of wifi module

2016-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules